General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Alum creek tri 16 Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2016-08-07 6:38 AM

User image

Expert
Columbus
Subject: Alum creek tri 16
I'm at the race to watch. It is a beautiful day. Not sure who is racing. Looking forward to race reports

2016-08-07 6:16 PM
in reply to: bruehoyt

Subject: RE: Alum creek tri 16
I rode the sprint today.

35-39 category male.

The temperature was great and I took 10 minutes off my time from caesar's creek.

I have been trending back of pack but I ended today squarely mid pack in my age bracket and more or less the race as a whole.

Swim felt good and I picked up a minute here. Continuing to struggle with maintaining a straight line.

Bike was great for me. It was a fun course and I added about 1 mph to my avg speed. and IIRC I took 4 minutes off my time.

Run I felt terrible but delivered my best run all year. I gained 3 minutes on my run.

Overall time I finished under 1:30 which was a first for me with the longer 750m swim.

the lower temps really made a big difference for me and my training is starting to payoff.

Looking forward to the other 2 in the series.
2016-08-24 10:52 PM
in reply to: clutchy

User image

Expert
Columbus
Subject: RE: Alum creek tri 16
Most excellent job!

Thanks for posting.

Originally posted by clutchy

I rode the sprint today.

35-39 category male.

The temperature was great and I took 10 minutes off my time from caesar's creek.

I have been trending back of pack but I ended today squarely mid pack in my age bracket and more or less the race as a whole.

Swim felt good and I picked up a minute here. Continuing to struggle with maintaining a straight line.

Bike was great for me. It was a fun course and I added about 1 mph to my avg speed. and IIRC I took 4 minutes off my time.

Run I felt terrible but delivered my best run all year. I gained 3 minutes on my run.

Overall time I finished under 1:30 which was a first for me with the longer 750m swim.

the lower temps really made a big difference for me and my training is starting to payoff.

Looking forward to the other 2 in the series.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Alum creek tri 16 Rss Feed