General Discussion Iron Distance Race Groups » Deer Creek Fall Challenge Half Iron Triathlon : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2016-08-20 9:39 AM

User image

Veteran
Subject: Deer Creek Fall Challenge Half Iron Triathlon : Official Thread
I just registered for the race. I have not raced for a while, sold my TT bike.
I have only road bike, and probably did not train enough.
Hope everyone is ready better than I am :)

Anyway, is it a three laps course?
Do you know when the bike course will be marked?

I may want to go one day to check it out

2016-08-22 2:19 PM
in reply to: trig

User image

Subject: RE: Deer Creek Fall Challenge Half Iron Triathlon : Official Thread
I too just signed up, it will be my 3rd tri and my 1st Half Distance race. I am looking forward to it(I think). As far as the bike course being "marked," I am not sure when they will do that but the course is on the website and looks pretty basic. I am about 3 hours away so I won't be heading over to preride the course but I do plan on driving it Saturday evening just to get a feel for it.
2016-08-22 2:37 PM
in reply to: tem375

User image

Veteran
I wrote to HFP and they told me the course will be marked a day before.
I am wondering is it different from last year? I did the same event few years ago and it was one large loop.

tem375, you are going to love it! As I said I did it few years ago and it was great.
Good weather and not hot. Moreover, if you are active all season you will be on the top of you form in September!
Good luck
2016-09-13 11:17 AM
in reply to: trig

User image

Elite
Cleveland

I've never known the DCFC Half to be only one loop.  To my knowledge, since 2013, at least, it has been three loops that are basically the same as the Olympic course, but with an added out-and-back (with two extra hills) to bring each loop to roughly 18.6 miles long.

It is generally a pretty fast & flat bike course, despite it having 12 small climbs (total).

I'll be there this year, but not sure which distance I'm in for, yet.  The original plan was to do the Half, but I have Savageman 120 the weekend before and am guiding a VI athlete for about half of the Akron Marathon the day before, so doing the Half might be a bit much.... although, I suppose it would be fun, lol

2016-09-24 8:21 AM
in reply to: cgregg

User image

Veteran
My bad, it was Great Buckeye Challenge in 2013

BTW, I got a message from HFP that DCFC is sold out and they have waiting list looking for cancellations.
It must be a good day tomorrow.

2016-09-25 8:42 PM
in reply to: #5195944

User image

Fun race! Although the hills on the bike were worse than expected!! Central Indiana isn't the best place to train for those hills, the Dam climb was tough but the worse one was the one before that. All in all a great race for the $$, I would have loved to not have to stop to grab water bottles on the bike, but that is my only complaint! They put on a good race

6:21:06 - 70.3
http://triscoringlive.com/liveresultsdisplay.php?event=317&racerID=...

New Thread
General Discussion Iron Distance Race Groups » Deer Creek Fall Challenge Half Iron Triathlon : Official Thread Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

HITS Triathlon Series: Marble Falls - Half Iron Course : Official Thread

Started by BlueBoy26
Views: 1604 Posts: 2

2015-05-29 2:54 AM strykergt

Florida Challenge Triathlon - Half Iron Distance : Official Thread

Started by eliwashere
Views: 2021 Posts: 4

2012-04-12 1:27 PM eliwashere

Great Buckeye Challenge - Half Iron Triathlon : Official Thread

Started by Keith_OH
Views: 3947 Posts: 5

2011-07-31 9:59 PM Keith_OH

Napa Valley Vintage Half-Iron Triathlon : Official Thread

Started by manjo
Views: 2232 Posts: 1

2008-12-28 5:43 PM manjo

Mooseman Triathlon Festival - Half Iron Distance : Official Thread Pages: 1 2 3 4

Started by Wilhelm
Views: 18841 Posts: 76

2009-06-10 8:23 AM aquagirl
RELATED ARTICLES
date : May 20, 2014
author : leighdodd
comments : 0
My issue is that I am currently deployed and training outside is proving difficult, especially on the bike. I have found a safe 10km running loop but I am struggling with the bike training.

date : June 28, 2012
author : writingrunner
How my first half iron distance triathlon brought back feelings of high school competition.
date : August 21, 2008
author : vm354
comments : 1
How Pilates training helped a wanna-be triathlete realize the goal of completing a half-Ironman, Ironman 70.3 Rhode Island.

date : July 10, 2007
author : Ontherun
Having three seasons under my belt I thought I knew what I was doing. That all changed with a few new challenges and a bunch of new friends.
date : September 3, 2005
author : chrisandniki
This is not an easy task, especially for the “9-to-5er” with family. But you can do it – all without sacrificing your marriage, job or family.