in reply to: crowny2

User image

Deep in the Heart of Texas
Subject: RE: Kaepernick

Originally posted by crowny2

Originally posted by Hook'em

Originally posted by Rogillio

In addition, I truly hope that the O-line doesn't accidentally let someone through untouched tonight.  I've seen plenty of people wishing him injury in the game today. And if they do, that would be very sad. 

I hope some one does let someone through as a demonstration of their opinion of his actions that brought disgrace (in the eyes of millions) to the 49ers and the NFL.  I'm not hoping he get injured but a good sack never hurt anyone....well, except Theismann.  

Would be funny to watch the ball get snapped and the entire O-line sit down in protest.

Got it.  So you guys are ok with them not doing their job because they don't agree with what he is doing and possibly endangering him.  Guess you are ok then if they did it because he came out as gay and their religion was against it? 

And I'm glad that he wasn't hurt last night.  Wasn't a fantastic night but he threw no interceptions OR TD's. 

Simmer down, Alice.  I didn't say I wanted him to get hurt and I didn't say I wanted the O-line to purposefully let a defender through.  I just chuckled at the hypothetical optics of the entire line sitting down once the ball was snapped.  Like I said earlier - I respect his right to protest by not standing for the national anthem just as I respect those who disagree with his stance.

2016-09-02 11:51 AM
in reply to: Left Brain

Master
, California

Originally posted by Left Brain

Patriotism or not......life was a lot more interesting when my Grandpa would knock your hat off your head if you didn't take it off for the flag (God help you if you didn't stand, although I can't remember ever seeing that as a kid)......and that went for anyone within his reach.

We will soon be a nation of people who don't stand for anything..........now there's something we can all sure be proud of.

But he is standing for something (or I guess in reality sitting) you just don't agree with what he is standing for. 

Not so much.  I think that we can't get to the point where EVERYTHING divides us.  Or, to say it another way, we need to keep something that unites us, that we stand together for.  Our flag, as a symbol of what does unite us (our citizenship in this country), can be left alone for my way of thinking.....too much has been given by too many.  As I said in another post, wear pigs in police hats, or block a highway, or whatever.  It's not the act of protesting or standing for something that I disagree with. It's the flag......leave it alone.  Stand when it passes, salute when in uniform, stand for it's nation's anthem. (or let someone's grandpa knock you on your arse   )

I support his freedom to sit, protest, whatever.  But he might look at it differently if he had spent some time in the military himself.  Or if he had received a flag after losing a family member in the service.

2016-09-02 3:18 PM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Extreme Veteran

Interestingly, I noticed a few changes to #7's approach last night. I wrote the following in response to a friend's FB conversation about Kaepernick's approach needing improvement a few days ago:

I'm no agent/manager/publicist, but how about --

"This is an issue I'm deeply concerned with and will be investing some of my considerable income and influence via my new charitable organization that will focus on police/community outreach programs and training resources for law enforcement.

In the mean time, I'm making a statement by kneeling in prayer (he has scripture tattooed all over his arms, correct?) during the playing of our national anthem. Not out of disrespect, but to raise awareness and thank our Creator that I have been afforded the tremendous opportunity to reach the position in life I have due to my faith, country, family and friends."

Instead he chooses to sit until somebody else does something to make it better? My response is Go Seahawks!!

Let's see:

Kneel instead of sit - check

Talked about putting his money/effort where his mouth is during the post game press conference - check

Explained himself a little better (respects soldier, has family who are police officers, only protesting the bad apples) - partial check

He's improved marginally in my opinion of him. I think his heart was mostly in the right place, just stumbled coming out of the gate. Probably too little too late for most people though. As for me, I still say Go Seahawks!!

2016-09-02 3:37 PM
in reply to: wingsfan

User image

Veteran
St. Louis

Originally posted by wingsfan

Interestingly, I noticed a few changes to #7's approach last night. I wrote the following in response to a friend's FB conversation about Kaepernick's approach needing improvement a few days ago:

I'm no agent/manager/publicist, but how about --

"This is an issue I'm deeply concerned with and will be investing some of my considerable income and influence via my new charitable organization that will focus on police/community outreach programs and training resources for law enforcement.

In the mean time, I'm making a statement by kneeling in prayer (he has scripture tattooed all over his arms, correct?) during the playing of our national anthem. Not out of disrespect, but to raise awareness and thank our Creator that I have been afforded the tremendous opportunity to reach the position in life I have due to my faith, country, family and friends."

Instead he chooses to sit until somebody else does something to make it better? My response is Go Seahawks!!

Let's see:

Kneel instead of sit - check

Talked about putting his money/effort where his mouth is during the post game press conference - check

Explained himself a little better (respects soldier, has family who are police officers, only protesting the bad apples) - partial check

He's improved marginally in my opinion of him. I think his heart was mostly in the right place, just stumbled coming out of the gate. Probably too little too late for most people though. As for me, I still say Go Seahawks!!

Doh!  

AP SEAHAWKS RAIDERS FOOTBALL S FBN USA CA

2016-09-02 4:48 PM
in reply to: Bob Loblaw

User image

Extreme Veteran

Originally posted by Bob Loblaw

Doh!  

AP SEAHAWKS RAIDERS FOOTBALL S FBN USA CA

I know.... At least #3 would never sit during the anthem

2016-09-03 9:25 AM

User image

Master
Sunny Southern Cal

Originally posted by Left Brain ... BTW - have you seen Kaperdummy's socks with the pigs in Police hats? Now that's funny.....makes his point and doesn't offend the masses and ruin your own career.....I like that kind of stuff. I don't like grandstanding bullchit by millionaires or people being supported by those they are protesting agsinst.

Now the police are threatening to boycott working at the venue partially over the socks.  I guess not everyone like them.

2016-09-03 9:35 AM
in reply to: wingsfan

User image

Champion
Alabama

Bet he doesn't stand to pee either.  

They like to to say they are drawing attention to black oppression but they are only drawing attention to themselves.  What are the changing?  Is there a single person in America that had an ephinany because of this?  Did bigots turn from their bigoted way?  Did rogue cops suddenly resign?  Did someone finally say, "Oh, so blacks feel oppressed.  Now I am aware."  Or did they just perpetuate that many blacks are not patriotic?

He has offered $1m.....but only after the backlash.   He could have set up a foundation to come up with ideas to help oppressed blacks.   

2016-09-06 11:10 AM
in reply to: spudone

User image

Champion
Southern Chicago Suburbs, IL

Originally posted by spudone

Patriotism or not......life was a lot more interesting when my Grandpa would knock your hat off your head if you didn't take it off for the flag (God help you if you didn't stand, although I can't remember ever seeing that as a kid)......and that went for anyone within his reach.

We will soon be a nation of people who don't stand for anything..........now there's something we can all sure be proud of.

But he is standing for something (or I guess in reality sitting) you just don't agree with what he is standing for. 

Not so much.  I think that we can't get to the point where EVERYTHING divides us.  Or, to say it another way, we need to keep something that unites us, that we stand together for.  Our flag, as a symbol of what does unite us (our citizenship in this country), can be left alone for my way of thinking.....too much has been given by too many.  As I said in another post, wear pigs in police hats, or block a highway, or whatever.  It's not the act of protesting or standing for something that I disagree with. It's the flag......leave it alone.  Stand when it passes, salute when in uniform, stand for it's nation's anthem. (or let someone's grandpa knock you on your arse   )

I support his freedom to sit, protest, whatever.  But he might look at it differently if he had spent some time in the military himself.  Or if he had received a flag after losing a family member in the service.

There are members of the military that are supporting him. 

2016-09-06 11:26 AM
in reply to: Hook'em

User image

Buttercup

Same here. He has a platform, he's using it.

The more people complain about it, the more attention it gives his position.

I'm fine with anyone standing up (or sitting down) for what they believe, just don't get bent out of shape if there is a backlash - unless it's an unconstitutional backlash from the government.

2016-09-07 9:46 AM
in reply to: Renee

User image

Champion
Alabama

Originally posted by Renee

Same here. He has a platform, he's using it.

The more people complain about it, the more attention it gives his position.

I'm fine with anyone standing up (or sitting down) for what they believe, just don't get bent out of shape if there is a backlash - unless it's an unconstitutional backlash from the government.

See I do not agree that the more attention he gets the more attention he gives his position.  I think you can actually believe the way you demonstrate can negatively affect your cause.  Burning flags, rioting, looting, blocking traffic, burning cars, smashing windows does not help your cause.  Many Americans view not honoring the Flag and National Anthem as paramount to treason.  The demonstrators may not feel this way about it but they need to know their audience. 

He is getting a lot of attention but has done more harm than good IMO. 

2016-09-07 10:07 AM
in reply to: SevenZulu

User image

Pro

Originally posted by SevenZulu

Originally posted by Left Brain ... BTW - have you seen Kaperdummy's socks with the pigs in Police hats? Now that's funny.....makes his point and doesn't offend the masses and ruin your own career.....I like that kind of stuff. I don't like grandstanding bullchit by millionaires or people being supported by those they are protesting agsinst.

Now the police are threatening to boycott working at the venue partially over the socks.  I guess not everyone like them.

Yeah......that's dumb.

2016-09-07 10:18 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

I think sitting down during the national anthem is a great way to protest.  got lots of attention for his cause, wasn't violent, didn't actually disrupt anything...and its A GAME.

you just don't like it because he is black.  if tom brady did this it wouldn't be the same issue.

2016-09-07 10:39 AM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

There are members of the military who are so liberal they make dmiller look like a raging conservative too. Hah
2016-09-07 11:42 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Champion
Chicago, Illinois
Originally posted by tuwood
There are members of the military who are so liberal they make dmiller look like a raging conservative too. Hah

There sure are. There are so many people and so many reasons people join I am sure there are. It might not be a big percent but with 1,301,300 active Personal even if its .01% that would be 130 people in the armed services that are more liberal than dmiller.

Military is so big I bet there is at least 1 person in it that has pretty much done anything (assuming they fit the age range for it).

I bet there is even 1 illegal immigrant somewhere.

Edited by chirunner134 2016-09-07 11:44 AM
2016-09-07 11:49 AM
in reply to: dmiller5

User image

Pro

Originally posted by dmiller5

I think sitting down during the national anthem is a great way to protest.  got lots of attention for his cause, wasn't violent, didn't actually disrupt anything...and its A GAME.

you just don't like it because he is black.  if tom brady did this it wouldn't be the same issue.

LMAO.......I gotta tell you, when I first heard of him sitting during the National Anthem I didn't even know he was black.  I thought it was the wrong way to protest then, and I still do. 

I like blocking a highway better........more chance for general mayhem on all sides.

2016-09-07 11:53 AM
in reply to: dmiller5

User image

Champion
Alabama

Ha!  There is it.  Race card thrown.  With no foundation to stand on principle, the race card always comes out.  . 

Rest assured, if someone did this in my presence, after the National Anthem was over, I would tell them what I POS I think they are.....black, white, Hispanic, Asian.....wouldn't matter.  People are free to demonstrate in public and I free to tell you what I think of your chickensht demonstration.

2016-09-07 12:23 PM

User image

NC

Ha!  There is it.  Race card thrown.  With no foundation to stand on principle, the race card always comes out.  . 

Sort of like the anti-military card.

2016-09-07 1:03 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama

LMAO.......I gotta tell you, when I first heard of him sitting during the National Anthem I didn't even know he was black.  I thought it was the wrong way to protest then, and I still do. 

I like blocking a highway better........more chance for general mayhem on all sides.

Yeah, blocking the highway is another bone-head move.  Let's stop the mom taking her kid to the ER to get stiches to we can protest. You really don't need to get to work.....I don't work and have time to protest in the street so you can stay out here with me.

Every time I see protests I try to make the connection for how something is going to change...or what specifically do they want changed.  The Occupy Wall Street people were protesting 'corporate greed'.  OK, so that is  you cause.  How will you camping out in the city park affect corporate greed? 

This privileged athlete is protesting black oppression.  First off, what specifically is black oppression?  How is it manifest?  Second, what would you like to see changed?  What is you list of demands? Ranting and raving is fine but tell me what you want to see changed.  Police camera on every cop.  Working on it.  What else?  More black cops?  Couldn't agree more.  The percentages of white, black and Hispanic cops on patrol ought to mirror the demographics of the communities they patrol.

2016-09-07 1:06 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro

Yeah, blocking the highway is another bone-head move.  Let's stop the mom taking her kid to the ER to get stiches to we can protest. You really don't need to get to work.....I don't work and have time to protest in the street so you can stay out here with me.

Every time I see protests I try to make the connection for how something is going to change...or what specifically do they want changed.  The Occupy Wall Street people were protesting 'corporate greed'.  OK, so that is  you cause.  How will you camping out in the city park affect corporate greed? 

This privileged athlete is protesting black oppression.  First off, what specifically is black oppression?  How is it manifest?  Second, what would you like to see changed?  What is you list of demands? Ranting and raving is fine but tell me what you want to see changed.  Police camera on every cop.  Working on it.  What else?  More black cops?  Couldn't agree more.  The percentages of white, black and Hispanic cops on patrol ought to mirror the demographics of the communities they patrol.

Never going to happen.........the average person can't possibly imagine the abuse they put up with compared to white cops in the same neighborhoods.  We can't find enough people who want to sign on for that bullchit.

Edited by Left Brain 2016-09-07 1:07 PM
2016-09-08 9:01 AM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Champion

Just like there are members of the military that are so conservative they make Alex Jones look like Rachel Maddow. 

2016-09-08 10:15 AM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Just like there are members of the military that are so conservative they make Alex Jones look like Rachel Maddow. 

Yep, it's a great melting pot. Overall the military leans conservative, but there's a healthy liberal population as well.

2016-09-08 11:31 AM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Champion
Alabama

Yep, it's a great melting pot. Overall the military leans conservative, but there's a healthy liberal population as well.

Latest poll I saw showed Trump up by 19 points among the military votes.

2016-09-08 1:22 PM

User image

Champion

Nothing new.  http://swampland.time.com/2012/11/05/does-the-military-vote-really-lean-republican/

2016-09-08 1:23 PM

User image

Champion

Shannon Sharp sums it up nicely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzERbSKgQkA

2016-09-08 4:01 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama

Nothing new.  http://swampland.time.com/2012/11/05/does-the-military-vote-really-lean-republican/

didnt say it was new.  I served as an officer in the Army and I currenly work with the military and I can tell you liberals are a rarity In the military.  

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Kaepernick Rss Feed  

of 3