General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Printing Logos on Tri Suits??? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2016-09-12 10:53 PM

Subject: Printing Logos on Tri Suits???
Does anyone have a good link or contact for a company that will print logos on Tri Suits? I am looking to get a few company logos placed on my suit.

What sort of materials will stay on a tri suit? Any advice helps! Thanks!

2016-09-13 11:27 AM
in reply to: 0

Subject: RE: Printing Logos on Tri Suits???
Originally posted by jakeddd

Does anyone have a good link or contact for a company that will print logos on Tri Suits? I am looking to get a few company logos placed on my suit.

What sort of materials will stay on a tri suit? Any advice helps! Thanks!

FINALLY!!!!
And issue on which I can speak authoritatively and not as a noob.
However, with the caveat that I'm only indirectly knowledgeable about the final solution, but I know a lot about the process.

I know a fair amount about decorating (printing) on plastic. The options are pretty identical to garment decorating and there's a lot of crossover.

You've got a few options, and you can immediately toss out screen printing (especially if you're talking about a small run). Plus, I don't think it's nearly as durable.

You've got two options, really.
Sublimation or heat transfer.

Both clearly work because...well....we see them all the time.

Heat transfer is similar to an iron-on. Just much better than what you think of as an iron-on. It's a transfer medium that carries the image to the fabric.

Sublimation is the bomb, if you can get it to work. Sublimation does not work on natural fibers. It's works brilliant on 100% poly. And it clearly can work on nylon/spandex combos. We see it all the time. Sublimation's awesome if it works. The 'dye' turns to a gas and 'infuses' with the poly fibers. "Tagless" shirts are probably always either sublimation or heat transfer.

You'd be able to "feel" a transfer. Not like an old 70s/80s iron-on, like you're wearing a big sheet of rubber attached to your shirt....but you'd be able to feel it. Sublimation, you wouldn't feel the difference between decorated and non-decorated fabric.

Googling might lead you to all sorts of t-shirt decorating forums (there's dozens of them) where you may find better answers.
If you can afford test runs, a "t-shirt' shop could probably try a couple things and figure it out pretty quick. However, it'd all have to be the same brand/mix. A couple % points between nylon/spandex could change things. Or a difference in 'stretchiness'.

You could probably pull off a heat transfer on your own....with an iron and ordering the right xfer medium and printing it yourself. Results may vary.

The other caveat is colors. Some processes have figured out white. Some haven't. Some have figured out lighter imprints on darker fabric better than others.

I'd start with Google and/or a quality T-shirt/garment decorator outfit.

Edited by jhaack39 2016-09-13 11:28 AM
2016-09-13 2:11 PM
in reply to: jakeddd

User image

Extreme Veteran
Cypress, TX

Kiwami will do it... even on non-Kiwami gear.

2016-09-14 2:28 PM
in reply to: GMAN 19030

User image

Expert
Madison, Wisconsin
Originally posted by GMAN 19030

Kiwami will do it... even on non-Kiwami gear.

x2.

With an incredibly fast turnaround.
2016-09-14 4:21 PM
in reply to: GMAN 19030

Awesome! I will check it out. Exactly what I need. Any idea of what the cost would be? Just a ball park?
2016-09-15 4:30 AM
in reply to: jakeddd

User image

Champion
Knoxville area
Kiwami did custom printing on my Nopinz skinsuit, it turned out much, much better than I expected. Turnaround was pretty quick and quality was top notch. Two (relatively small) logo's were under $50 (plus shipping) but of course I'm sure it depends on the demands of what you want.

I wouldn't use anyone else in the future.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Printing Logos on Tri Suits??? Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

tri suit vs wet suit

Started by blaze507
Views: 3854 Posts: 6

2014-03-21 7:57 AM vertseven

Tri suit or not tri suit?

Started by Maxwelltri
Views: 10868 Posts: 16

2012-01-11 5:32 AM Phillipians

tri-suit or no tri-suit?

Started by Ky_Soldier
Views: 1025 Posts: 4

2006-06-19 7:39 AM mndiver

tri suit vs tri short and tri top

Started by smileydc01
Views: 2422 Posts: 18

2006-06-19 6:20 AM suziq_623

Looking for tri logo images....

Started by tmwelshy
Views: 725 Posts: 1

2004-07-07 5:44 PM tmwelshy
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 10, 2009
author : t3coach1
comments : 0
Looking to shave some time off and improve your swim efficiency during your races? We review the Rocket Skin Suit by Rocket Science Sports.

date : July 7, 2008
author : Ron
comments : 1
This is a 'first impressions' review of the Fit2Race Sockeye Fullsuit. From a first wetsuit point-of-view, I was able to dramatically improve my pace over non-wetsuit swims.
date : October 3, 2007
author : Diane1961
comments : 0
I step gingerly into the pond. I did not know water could be that cold and not be ice. Briefly I can see the bottom and then everything is black except for my pale hands extending from my black suit.

date : May 1, 2006
author : acbadger
comments : 9
I am not going to buy a tri-suit before my first tri - I want to make sure I am going to stick with this before I spend a lot of money on it so I want to figure out what will work best.
date : July 29, 2005
author : Ron
comments : 5
You have just imported a plan successfully, how to best view and print it? Let me count thy ways.