General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » New irish lad here Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2016-09-21 6:38 PM

New user

Subject: New irish lad here
Introducing myself here. My name is Mick. I revived this profile from ages ago as I've once again decided that I will try my luck at a triathlon.
From Dublin, and 31. Fairly active. Train for field hockey once a week and 2 games on the weekend, the new season starts this weekend. Also regular gym goer, for disjointed, aimless training.

I understand that it is end of Tri season now in Ireland and missed my chance to get one in so I guess I will hope to keep my motivation up over the off season by logging on here and bouncing ideas around.

I can swim, cycle and run. Always individually. Until just today when I decided to do a mock sprint triathlon in my gym.
I did 20km cycle in 41mins on stationary bike. Then 5km run in 31mins on threadmill. Then 750m swim in 17mins in the 12.5m pool (that's a lot of turns, 60 lengths).

These times will invariably go down, especially the run, as I can usually do 22min 5km.

Just thought I'd say hey and see if anyone's in the sane boat, or was but now is faster.

Talk to you later.

2016-09-22 7:25 AM
in reply to: bumlinger

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member
Subject: RE: New irish lad here

Welcome.  I think many of us starting from humble beginnings here.  I was a lifelong runner, many others here were swimmers, and some started from the couch.  I think the consistent measure you'll hear about for success is just keep at it.

Oh, and gosh, and 12.5M pool.  I thought the 15y pool I swim at when I travel for work was bad.  Stroke, stroke, stroke, stroke, TURN. 

2016-09-22 4:59 PM
in reply to: #5199554

New user

Subject: RE: New irish lad here
Yea, it's dizzying all the turns.
I'll use this site to track my workouts too. Read a good few 'members first triathlons" here and they sound amazing.
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » New irish lad here Rss Feed