General Discussion Triathlon Talk » New to Tri Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2016-09-22 2:46 PM

Subject: New to Tri
Hello Everyone.
I finished my first Tri at the Win for KC Tri. Loved it and looking to move to an Olympic distance in 2017 and if things go well even try for a Half next year.
Have folks used the Training programs listed in BT here and what are you thoughts?
Also recommendations on good Tris to target in Kansas for 2017?

Thanks in advance!!

2016-09-23 9:38 AM
in reply to: indikaw

User image

Master
Overland Park, KS
Subject: RE: New to Tri
Welcome to BT! For the last few years we've posted a list of Tri's in the area, scroll down in this Kansas forum and you'll see it. The KC Tri is usually a good event, well attended, look out for early bird pricing it got a little pricey this year for late registration. In July there's the Shawnee Mission Tri, a great event and challenging with the hills. If your company participates in the Kansas City Corporate Challenge there's that race in June, same exact course as the Shawnee Mission short course. Nice that about that is that it's "free" if your company participates in the KCCC.

In late summer the Cedar Creek Tri and Weatherby lake Tri's are nice low-key but very FUN sprint Triathlons.

Happy Training!
2016-09-23 4:14 PM
in reply to: indikaw

User image

Veteran
Shawnee
Subject: RE: New to Tri
Hello....welcome !

I've used the training plans available on BT for several triathlons and they have worked well for me. The past few years I've used some different plans, but when I first got started, I followed some of these and believe in them.

They have some free plans and more options with the paid membership. Even though I use a different training plan, I now use the tools on this site to plan workouts and to keep a schedule. I've also used the custom training plan creator. It worked pretty well for me as my wife and I both train, and have 4 kids. So juggling both schedules can get pretty hairy and the BT tools help me keep on track.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » New to Tri Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

New to tri's

Started by Jon85
Views: 1039 Posts: 8

2015-02-28 4:27 PM Lilmamaharv

New to Olathe. New to triathlon.

Started by outlawdave316
Views: 2636 Posts: 7

2010-02-19 12:19 PM L45

New (used) bike!

Started by swimmergrl
Views: 1734 Posts: 4

2008-03-10 7:46 PM Hot Joe

New in Lawrence

Started by fishbike
Views: 1844 Posts: 5

2013-12-30 10:34 AM m.a.burghart

Brand New

Started by audreyackerman
Views: 1422 Posts: 13

2007-07-13 4:29 PM kcguy
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 1, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 0
Here are five steps to ensure that you keep your promise to yourself to get you to that first triathlon.

date : March 6, 2008
author : scubachic9999
comments : 4
Already a cyclist and not a bad swimmer, I figured all I had to do was build up to running a few miles and I’d be ready to go. The challenge invigorated me, and I ran out to buy new running shoes.
date : February 5, 2008
author : DominiqueL
comments : 1
A product review of the Louis Garneau Tri Air Triathlon Shoe. After nearly two years of testing, see how this shoe performed. Currently being replaced by the Tri Air 2.

date : January 1, 2008
author : agrace
comments : 4
I couldn’t help but feel that the race had beaten me. Perhaps duathlons were more for me? No, I was more determined than ever to succeed. I was determined to get on top of my swimming.
date : December 31, 2006
author : docgill
This life of mine is not so different from yours. It has a multitude of similarities. I suffer from uncertainty, I get nervous at the thought of registering and when getting to the starting line.

date : May 1, 2006
author : acbadger
comments : 9
I am not going to buy a tri-suit before my first tri - I want to make sure I am going to stick with this before I spend a lot of money on it so I want to figure out what will work best.
date : November 27, 2005
author : spetremears
9 weeks after my first bike ride, 5 months after my first swim and 13 months after my surgery I entered the Nelson week Tri a Tri !

date : September 3, 2005
author : aloufan
I couldn't believe that my splits kept getting lower! I started to run harder after I passed the "5 km" sign and picked a few people that I wanted to pass.