General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Ventum One Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2016-10-11 4:03 PM

User image

Pro
, New Hampshire
Subject: Ventum One
My wife test rode the Ventum One at the Kona Expo last week. Took it out on the Queen K for a longer ride and despite being a lightweight (albeit powerful and technical rider), there was absolutely no impact by the gusty winds (she passed much larger riders that got pushed around quite a bit). She also rode at a pretty fast clip. Probably what surprised her the most was that it didn't flex at all, zero! You'd think with no downtube and no seat stays the bike would flex like crazy, but it actually felt stiffer than the current P3C.

Compared to her P3C (which is built with Zipp Vuka Aero, TriRig Omega front/rear brakes, etc., so no aerodynamic slouch), she definitely felt quite a bit faster on the Ventum One. Yes, it's an expensive frame, but with that kind of speed different, she decided to make the investment.

There's going to be a Ventum in the family for next race season (and I bet more fastest bike splits!) and as soon as we get it and I find time to build it up for her, there's going to be a P3C (48cm, shameless plug!) for sale.

2016-10-12 7:54 AM
in reply to: audiojan

User image

Master
Toronto
Bronze member
Subject: RE: Ventum One

Pretty cool. I admit I hadn't seen it until I was watching the live feed and they not only sponsored the bike course but several pros were on them. It looks strange but definitely would be cool to try out.

Pretty awesome to hear some firsthand feedback.  

2016-10-21 6:54 AM

User image

Pro
, New Hampshire
Update on the Ventum. It's still in the paint phase (she's going all out and having it custom painted by Ventum), this is going to be one of a kind!

Once we receive the frame, I will take her Campy SR EPS off her Cervelo and move it over to the Ventum. There's going to be a bit of tweaking of position (more than likely, she will need different extensions than what comes with the Ventum aerobars as she'll have the mount under the bars to get really low, need slightly more rise to get the hand position up).

I must confess, I'm excited about building this one!
2016-10-21 1:05 PM

User image

Elite
Romeoville, Il
I just want to jump in the thread for some pics when it's done!
2016-10-21 1:13 PM
in reply to: Meulen

User image

Pro
, New Hampshire
Originally posted by Meulen

I just want to jump in the thread for some pics when it's done!

Oh, absolutely! Pictures of the entire build will be uploaded.
2016-11-27 8:57 AM

User image

Pro
, New Hampshire
Got the bike two weeks ago and have started the build. Photos will be uploaded later on today or tomorrow.

Here’s a few tricks that I learned through the build.

The exit hole for the installed rear derailleur port is too small for Campy. Using the port with the largest hole (which is supplied) and a standard rubber grommet works perfect. Careful not to unscrew the screw all the way or you will have to fish out the c-clip holding the port into place (wise from experience… using a Campy installation tool basically a magnet attached to a cable works well to fish it out…)

The exit hole for the front derailleur cable is too small for Campy as well, but just barely, so a good round file and 10 seconds and you’ll have a hole that is big enough. It’s less than 1mm in total to be removed.

There’s no good place for the Campy EPS v2 charge port, but using the extension cable allows you to exit the port through the rubber grommet behind the stem (entry for electronic cable and rear brake cable).

The Campy EPS v2 battery fits nicely in the frame, but you can’t attach it with the screws (no bottle cage holder, which is needed to screw it in to), but since the frame tapers on the inside it wedges security into place. You will need to cut the seat post to length though (you loose about 1cm of insertion length, but that’s still WELL above minimum insertion length).

The front electronic shifter wiring has the split “box” for brake lever shifting and bar end shifting, those fits PERFECT in the supplied rubber end plugs, making for a very clean installation!

Non Campy related:
Mounting the bar end extensions under the aero bars requires flat head screws, cap head screws will protrude too much and you’ll feel them through the elbow pads.

The under bar mounting also requires M5x10mm bolts to compress the bar end extensions, the standard bolts supplied are too long and will protrude from the exit side of the compression.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Ventum One Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

hoka one one

Started by BigDH
Views: 936 Posts: 4

2012-10-30 6:12 PM dfroelich

This one is for the ladies, mostly.

Started by erlifeguard
Views: 1082 Posts: 3

2005-01-11 3:36 PM auto208562

One piece tri suit Pages: 1 2

Started by aliengin
Views: 3229 Posts: 28

2004-12-23 1:44 PM jeanneroth

All in one Tri-shorts?

Started by Akuma
Views: 1484 Posts: 7

2004-12-01 6:52 PM Akuma

any one got a look ergostem?

Started by ginger ninja
Views: 1016 Posts: 1

2004-09-14 7:17 AM ginger ninja
RELATED ARTICLES
date : February 23, 2009
author : mat steinmetz
comments : 0
I will be 20 this summer and am planning on doing Ironman Montreal. This will be my first year of triathlon, can I do this and stay away from injuries?

date : April 21, 2008
author : mikericci
Do you have jerky one leg drills? Learn about this drill along with several tips and workouts to start improving your pedaling technique.
date : October 11, 2007
comments : 1
Is one month enough time to recover from my first marathon to go and do my first olympic tri? My alternative options are to do the 1/2 marathon and then do the olympic.

date : September 14, 2007
author : Team BT
Squats with one toe on bosu stability ball exercise with picture and video.
date : September 11, 2007
Bosu ball squats with one leg on the floor stability exercise with picture and video.

date : June 27, 2006
comments : 2
One Leg Squat-Dumbbell strength exercise instruction with picture and video.
date : June 23, 2006
One Arm Dumbbell Row strength exercise instruction with picture and video.

date : May 1, 2006
author : Tri Swim Coach
The one-arm drill. This drill will help you with body rotation, breathing, and pull. It also isolates one arm so you can really concentrate on what that arm is doing through the whole stroke cycle.