General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Treadmill Advice: iFit Alternatives Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2016-10-14 7:48 AM

Extreme Veteran
Subject: Treadmill Advice: iFit Alternatives
We have been looking for a treadmill for running and walking. It will hopefully be used 3-5 hours / week to run and about the same for walking.

I like the concept of iFit with the workout programs, google maps and more interactive workouts - reminds me of Trainer Road (which I like a lot) or Zwift. Using iFit limits me to a few treadmills and I have it narrowed down to either the Nordic Track C 1750 or Pro Form 4500. It is my understanding that these are basically the same treadmill.

These are good treadmills, but if I could go up in quality and get an interactive program like iFit, that would be great, but I haven't found anything. Most treadmills just have the built in programs which would not keep me interested.

Any suggestions? I know a lot of people like the Sole or Precor treadmills (and they probably are better), but if they do not have an interactive program, I would end up with a great treadmill that I would not use. I'd rather have an OK treadmill that I use and wear out.

Thanks

2016-10-17 11:34 AM
in reply to: bwingate

Extreme Veteran
Subject: RE: Treadmill Advice: iFit Alternatives
Well, BT is not the font of information that it used to be, its a shame but it was was strong for seven or eight years.

Anyway, I bought a Nordic Track Elite 5700, which supposedly is the 2015 Commercial 1750 and the Pro Form Pro 4500. I bought it from Sears, and with delivery, assembly and 3 year added warrantee with in-home service and annual maintenance and tax it came out to be around $2000.

It gets delivered in two weeks (our choice)

I'll post about it after a couple of weeks of use.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Treadmill Advice: iFit Alternatives Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

treadmill recommendation? also, iFit Live?

Started by michael_runs
Views: 8535 Posts: 8

2013-02-19 6:33 AM jaffab

Alternative to Power Cranks

Started by rbschlesinger
Views: 1163 Posts: 2

2006-03-27 6:38 PM AusVirgin

Alright, Zipps are out, need wheel alternatives fast!

Started by Daremo
Views: 840 Posts: 6

2006-02-28 8:14 AM Daremo

Alternative to zipps

Started by mitchowl
Views: 852 Posts: 2

2006-01-30 8:20 AM Daremo

Alternative to body glide and pam

Started by coffee-sipper
Views: 9429 Posts: 20

2005-06-22 1:11 PM the bear
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 30, 2016
author : Team BT
comments : 0
Free Triathlon Online Mentoring Open Now

date : February 4, 2009
author : mikericci
Here are our most popular questions for training during the off season. Everything from treadmills to heart rate monitors to core strength.
date : October 11, 2007
author : Amy Kuitse
comments : 2
When we do or don’t use the treadmill is not so much the issue as to how we use it. When is it appropriate to use a treadmill for your workouts?

date : July 30, 2006
author : acbadger
comments : 4
How important is it to train on the actual road vs. treadmill and on a real bike vs. spinning classes?
date : March 5, 2006
author : KevinKonczak
Discussion on tapering, treadmill workout, long run issues, insituting run/walk, surrounded by hills and knowing your LT.

date : October 30, 2005
author : KevinKonczak
Off season training, nutrition, faster run, strength training, treadmill and more.
date : May 3, 2005
author : smeeko
Have you ever wondered about the benefits and drawbacks of treadmill running?

date : August 31, 2004
author : smeeko
How to fit in a running workout in 30 minutes or less for a busy lifestyle