General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Robin Williams Bikes Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2016-10-15 8:34 PM

User image

Champion
Bellingham, Washington
Subject: Robin Williams Bikes
I saw on one of my facebook pages that Lance Armstrong mentioned this link. Very nice of the Williams family
https://m.paddle8.com/auction/robin-williams

2016-10-16 1:01 PM
in reply to: BellinghamSpence

User image

Expert
Tyrone, Georgia
Subject: RE: Robin Williams Bikes
Pretty cool I think, I saw this yesterday on CNN Money. Thanks for sharing here.
2016-10-17 1:19 PM
in reply to: BellinghamSpence

User image

Elite

I saw this news also on Velonews and wondered if anyone had posted about it here. I looked at the bikes. Robin Williams was about my height so I thought I could find something I could ride. Not all the bikes would fit him so be careful about buying one to just ride yourself. Some must be either collectors items or bought for one of his kids. The auction house is not listing standard sizes either. I think they just held a tape measure up to the bikes for rough measurements. That said, I would like to add to the larger of the two Ghisallos to my Litespeed collection. I would love to own a bike Robin Williams owned.

I went back to graduate school in my late 40's about when the Patch Adams movie came out. That movie helped me personally and probably helped the professors and other students whom I interacted with. I appreciated that.

TW

2016-10-17 1:29 PM
in reply to: tech_geezer

User image

Expert
Tyrone, Georgia
Originally posted by tech_geezer

I saw this news also on Velonews and wondered if anyone had posted about it here. I looked at the bikes. Robin Williams was about my height so I thought I could find something I could ride. Not all the bikes would fit him so be careful about buying one to just ride yourself. Some must be either collectors items or bought for one of his kids. The auction house is not listing standard sizes either. I think they just held a tape measure up to the bikes for rough measurements. That said, I would like to add to the larger of the two Ghisallos to my Litespeed collection. I would love to own a bike Robin Williams owned.

I went back to graduate school in my late 40's about when the Patch Adams movie came out. That movie helped me personally and probably helped the professors and other students whom I interacted with. I appreciated that.

TW

X2 on this statement for sure, "I would love to own a bike Robin Williams owned"

Think that would be really cool and a nice conversation piece as well.
2016-10-17 6:53 PM
in reply to: dandr614

User image

Elite

Originally posted by dandr614

TW

X2 on this statement for sure, "I would love to own a bike Robin Williams owned" Think that would be really cool and a nice conversation piece as well.

They have revised the size information.  The smaller Ghisallo is the same as my Siena so I I bid on it.  Not likely to survive the last minute bidding but I put in my numbers.

2016-10-18 3:38 AM

User image

Veteran
Western Australia
man that's taking n+1 to the extreme

2016-10-18 12:36 PM

User image

Elite

TW

X2 on this statement for sure, "I would love to own a bike Robin Williams owned" Think that would be really cool and a nice conversation piece as well.

They have revised the size information.  The smaller Ghisallo is the same as my Siena so I I bid on it.  Not likely to survive the last minute bidding but I put in my numbers.

My bid for a Ghisallo is holding so far.  I am surprised it has lasted for more than a day.  I don't doubt though that other bidders are holding out for a late flurry of bidding using automatic bidding bots.  For me, I push the buttons myself.  I don't stand a chance.

TW

2016-10-20 1:02 PM

User image

Elite

TW

My bid for a Ghisallo is holding so far.  I am surprised it has lasted for more than a day.  I don't doubt though that other bidders are holding out for a late flurry of bidding using automatic bidding bots.  For me, I push the buttons myself.  I don't stand a chance.

TW

I was outbid sometime yesterday.  I am bowing out of the auction.   I think the bike is going to sell just a little above market value for a Ghisallo that is 10 years old somewhere around $4000.  With shipping it would be $4350.  That is pretty high for a bike I would probably just look at, granted I would really like to look at this one.

I also started following one of Robin William's children, Zak, on Twitter because of the auction.  All of three of them are really good people.  Selling the bikes and giving the money to charity is the idea of the children.   Zak runs a prison literacy on finances.  He seems a genuinely good person who is giving back to the community.   

TW

2016-10-20 5:58 PM

User image

Expert
Tyrone, Georgia

TW

TW

I was outbid sometime yesterday.  I am bowing out of the auction.   I think the bike is going to sell just a little above market value for a Ghisallo that is 10 years old somewhere around $4000.  With shipping it would be $4350.  That is pretty high for a bike I would probably just look at, granted I would really like to look at this one.

I also started following one of Robin William's children, Zak, on Twitter because of the auction.  All of three of them are really good people.  Selling the bikes and giving the money to charity is the idea of the children.   Zak runs a prison literacy on finances.  He seems a genuinely good person who is giving back to the community.   

TW

Thanks for that additional insight, cool that they are giving back that way.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Robin Williams Bikes Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Williams Wheels

Started by ddahms
Views: 1618 Posts: 3

2012-11-05 1:02 PM BuckHamilton

Williams v Boyd

Started by MCAP
Views: 605 Posts: 1

2012-05-04 8:50 PM MCAP

Montel Williams HealthMaster or a blender?

Started by trigal38
Views: 2200 Posts: 2

2010-08-22 5:16 PM trigal38

Jayne Williams 'Slow Fat Triathlete" on my show!

Started by Milkthecowbaby
Views: 1620 Posts: 1

2009-10-25 8:51 PM Milkthecowbaby

Williams Wheels

Started by Fred D
Views: 1104 Posts: 2

2008-04-28 8:04 AM ranger5oh
RELATED ARTICLES
date : August 11, 2011
author : FitWerx
comments : 1
Dean from Fitwerx answers a BT member question about what kind of bike should be the "next bike."

date : December 27, 2008
author : FitWerx
comments : 9
Are you a beginner triathlete? This video will compare triathlon bikes and road bikes to help you figure out what is best for you as you begin your triathlon training.
date : December 14, 2004
author : Team BT
comments : 0
Q&A with Siri Lagley, winner of the ITU President’s Cup racing series two years in a row and coach of Susan Williams, US Athens triathlete.