General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Tight painful Calf Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2016-10-20 5:28 PM

Subject: Tight painful Calf
which brand sleeve or socks is best 'cho-pat vs zoot vs x2u

It all began when was 18 , had suffered a lot of stiff neck ,then it migrated down to lower back pain at age 35, which travels around and sometimes manifest as sciatica /lumbago. etc. 4 months ago , began feel weakness at calf areas, which overtime was getting tight and achy and heavy ,now have terrible calf pain when walking steps or when ever am pulling my legs ,
how am going from here further ,which diagnosis tool would best see the trouble in detail ,ultrasound ?
which practitioner is most suitable to evaluate it podiatrist or orthopedic or physical rehabilitation therapist or neuromuscular sports medicine ???
any special massage modality available that would best rejuvenate the area ?

2016-10-31 4:32 AM
in reply to: starstern

Subject: RE: Tight painful Calf
It would be better if you consult an orthopedic in your locality. I had severe pain and discomfort on my foot, so I had been to an orthopedic in my area (Bolton). I was advised by the doctor to wear foot orthotics ( http://www.focusphysiotherapy.com/services/custom-foot-orthotics/)to reduce my pain. It's been only a few months since I started wearing it but I feel relieved. After consulting an orthopedic you can ask him/her if you can get massage therapy. Since the technology is vast there are many techniques for the pain relief, its just you need to consult an experienced doctor.
2016-10-31 2:46 PM
in reply to: margarita09

Subject: RE: Tight painful Calf
thanks
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Tight painful Calf Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Tight lower Calf

Started by HCS5QA
Views: 1049 Posts: 5

2007-10-14 10:53 AM Gluve

tight calf

Started by mikep
Views: 1484 Posts: 13

2007-08-22 3:46 PM Cyclingmaniac

Tight outer calf - sharp pain.........

Started by ChrisM
Views: 1614 Posts: 3

2006-08-23 6:13 PM ChrisM

Tight calves

Started by Itrithere4iam
Views: 918 Posts: 7

2006-03-22 6:14 PM parrj

Runnning and tight calves/other problems

Started by johnybutts
Views: 2141 Posts: 14

2005-06-11 2:15 PM cadreamer
RELATED ARTICLES
date : May 19, 2015
author : AMSSM
comments : 1
Tightness in the calves is a common complaint amongst triathletes and runners. There are many potential causes of this problem and this article will address some treatment options.

date : January 20, 2014
comments : 0
I started my journey this month to lose weight with a goal of 100 pounds and completing three sprint triathlons. My beginning weight was 321 and it is now down to 307.
date : August 5, 2010
comments : 4
Calf pain can have multiple causes. In your case, the most likely cause seems to be from a calf muscle strain. If you have had Achilles problems you can be predisposed to a calf injury.

date : January 5, 2009
When I was only a runner, I didn't have this issue. But now, going into my third year as a triathlete, my calves and occasionally my Achilles are tight and painful throughout most of my mileage.
date : January 5, 2009
I have a pain deep in my calf about five inches below the knee. A sports doctor did not feel anything wrong in the muscle, and there was no bruising. The tender spot can still be felt on massage.

date : October 15, 2008
At about the 1/2 mile mark my left soleus becomes extremely tight and painful. The pain then progresses into my left arch and then into my left knee.
date : September 13, 2007
I woke up with a huge painful cramp in my right calf. I do not think I was dehydrated. Can you offer clarity on what may have happened? Should I back off tomorrow's workout?

date : June 21, 2006
author : Team BT
Standing Calf Raises strength exercise instruction with picture and video.