Moderators: Silver_wlf, alicefoeller Reply
2016-11-12 1:16 AM

Subject: Recomendation
Looking for a treadmill...what model should I buy

2016-11-12 3:19 PM
in reply to: poulet23

User image

Subject: RE: Recomendation
I have a freespirit and it's done me well for many years. I don't use it that much though. I only run inside when it's below - 30. Most mid priced models are pretty reliable so it comes down to what features you want.
There are lots of used ones on the market. You might try there if you want to go cheap.
2016-11-12 3:51 PM
in reply to: #5204821

Thanks alot for your help...im gonna have to do most of my training inside so I was wondering what brand and what options I should look for
2016-11-13 4:01 PM

User image

I can't recommend a brand but most models come with speed and time. The speed is a guess as well as the calories burned. If you get further into training, a heart rate monitor comes in handing.
2016-11-14 4:12 PM
in reply to: #5204855

I already own a garmin 15 hrm.....I'm looking for a treadmill because going running outside in my area isnt always easy. Plus hitting target hr zones and doing intervals is easyer
2016-11-25 1:42 PM

User image

Master
Toronto
Bronze member

We bought from Canadian Tire -  i did some searching around and looked for reviews from other runners. I noticed that the main thing will be Horse Power  and making sure the motor can handle actual running - not just some walking and light jogging. I had thought we would need to get a high-end one but in reading reviews and looking at specifications we got a pretty good one for about $1100. That was three years ago. And it has done us pretty well. I haven't done a ton of training on it but have used it for intervals and tempo work (i definitely prefer a long run outside) as well as steady short runs - it was the old LiveStrong branded but i am sure the models they have now are the same thing without the yellow.

Oh and one good thing we got with the 'lower' end one was the deck folds up (it doesn't slide away or anything) but it helps when needing to make room on occasion. 

Also, they are VERY heavy! Opt for home delivery! We have taken it apart a few times and reassembled and it is definitely 2+ person job! 

2016-11-25 1:42 PM
in reply to: juniperjen

User image

Master
Toronto
Bronze member

Oh and the best time to buy is actually at new years - those are the lowest prices ... (my DH works for Canadian Tire and verified this

New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Recomendation Rss Feed