Other Resources The Political Joe » Climate Change Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 3

2016-12-06 1:38 PM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Pro
Subject: RE: Climate Change

So you guys expect Al Gore to come out of the meeting and say. "the president-elect thinks I'm an idiot"?

Nice spin, Al.......100 carbon credits for that one. LOL

2016-12-06 3:02 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by Left Brain

So you guys expect Al Gore to come out of the meeting and say. "the president-elect thinks I'm an idiot"?

Nice spin, Al.......100 carbon credits for that one. LOL

Meeting went like this:

Ivanka: My father is no different than any powerful man, any man with power, like a president or senator.

Algore: Do you know how naïve you sound, Ivanka? Presidents and senators don't have men killed.

Ivanka: Oh. Who's being naïve, Algore? What is it you ask of me?

Algore: It is rather humiliating getting called to Trump Towers to visit his kid. Can I see Mr Trump?

Ivanka: Some day, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, consider this a gift. You will get 20 minutes with him. Now about climate change.....

Algore: Sorry, I was widely discredited with that movie 10 years ago when nothing I predicted came to pass. I've taken to eating donuts and cheeseburgers. I need a new racket.....

Edited by Rogillio 2016-12-06 3:04 PM
2016-12-06 3:55 PM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
Originally posted by tuwood

Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn Speaking of Climate Change, apparently, Ivanka, not Donald, invited Al Gore to Trump Tower to talk to her about global climate change, which, according to an article I saw today, Ivanka "plans to make global warming one of her key issues once [her dad] takes office". (Key issues as....what? The COO of Trump industries? I thought she was taking no role in the government? "Blind trust" and all...? Anywho...) At some point, Trump himself, who wasn't' originally scheduled to be at the meeting showed up and joined the discussion and Gore said he spent more time with Trump than with Ivanka. “I had a lengthy and very productive meeting about the transition with the president-elect,” said Gore. “It was a sincere search for areas of common ground. I found it an extremely interesting conversation and to be continued, and I’m just going to leave it at that.” Assuming Gore is being truthful, I suppose it's encouraging that Trump is at least willing to listen to people with a different viewpoint, especially considering it looks like he's about to appoint the former CEO of Exxon to a cabinet position . Curious to see what Ivanka's place in all this is.

I saw that with Gore as well.  It's obviously hard to read into his words very much, but I would have loved to be a fly on the wall.  I'd think if Trump were softening his tone he'd use words like "encouraging" or something like that to describe the conversation, but "extremely interesting" makes me feel he didn't.

The whole thing is weird. Why would Ivanka invite Gore if she thought he was an idiot? She has nothing better to do? And why would she invite him if she thought her dad wouldn't approve?

I agree with you that "An interesting conversation...and I'm going to leave it at that" doesn't sound like they hit it off so well.

2016-12-06 4:31 PM
in reply to: jmk-brooklyn

User image

Deep in the Heart of Texas

Why would anyone waste time meeting with Al Gore?

2016-12-06 6:00 PM
in reply to: Hook'em

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by Hook'em

Why would anyone waste time meeting with Al Gore?

Who?
2016-12-07 8:57 PM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Sounds like a ringing endorsement to me.  haha

CLCV Statement on Pruitt’s Nomination for EPA Administrator

Oakland, CA – In response to news reports that Trump will nominate Oklahoma Attorney General Scott Pruitt as EPA Administrator, California League of Conservation Voters CEO Sarah Rose issued the following statement:

“The naming of a climate denier like Scott Pruitt to head the EPA is nothing less than an effort to undermine the agency’s core mission to safeguard our environment. On the campaign trail President-elect Trump vowed to break America’s commitment to the Paris Climate Agreement, to open our public lands to drilling, and to dismantle the EPA. By nominating Scott Pruitt he’s making it clear he intends to follow through on those promises.

“Pruitt has sued the EPA, has fought environmental protections enacted by President Obama, and has denied the science of climate change itself. He represents the very threats the EPA should protect against, not be headed by. The California League of Conservation Voters calls on our Senators to reject this wrong-headed nomination which puts our families and communities at risk.
“California has a unique role to play. We are the sixth largest economy in the world. The decisions we make here, the policies we create, and how we respond to Trump’s attacks on our environmental protections will determine the pace of progress these next four years. We must organize to defend our hard-fought victories because every Californian deserves clean air to breathe and clean water to drink.”

2016-12-08 11:20 AM

User image

Deep in the Heart of Texas

Trump met with another climate change warrior, Leonardo DiCaprio.  Maybe he'll invite ol' Sarah Rose up to the Trump Tower for a meeting as well.

2016-12-08 11:41 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama

Trump met with another climate change warrior, Leonardo DiCaprio.  Maybe he'll invite ol' Sarah Rose up to the Trump Tower for a meeting as well.

Leo and Rose together again....near, far, wherever you are.......
2016-12-08 12:26 PM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY

Again, weird.

It's hard not to imagine that it's all just a PR hoax to make it look to the world like he gives a crap about climate change when he doesn't.

Think about it:
If a person were really serious about understanding the alleged threat, he would meet with scientists on both sides of the issue. If one merely wanted to appear to an under-informed populous that he was serious, he'd invite the big-name celebrities that the public most closely associates with the issue.
2016-12-08 12:42 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn

Again, weird.

It's hard not to imagine that it's all just a PR hoax to make it look to the world like he gives a crap about climate change when he doesn't.

Think about it:
If a person were really serious about understanding the alleged threat, he would meet with scientists on both sides of the issue. If one merely wanted to appear to an under-informed populous that he was serious, he'd invite the big-name celebrities that the public most closely associates with the issue.

I don't think climate change is one of his top priorities right now. I read a report that Leo snuck into Trump Tower. So maybe this was an unplanned meeting.

I am all for reducing pollution but until someone reigns in China and India the world is doomed. We went to Beijing for vacation several years ago and smog was unbelievable.
2016-12-08 2:47 PM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
Originally posted by Rogillio

Again, weird.

Think about it:

I don't think climate change is one of his top priorities right now. I read a report that Leo snuck into Trump Tower. So maybe this was an unplanned meeting.

I am all for reducing pollution but until someone reigns in China and India the world is doomed. We went to Beijing for vacation several years ago and smog was unbelievable.

If you had any idea of the security that's around Trump Tower right know, you'd know that an invisible ninja couldn't sneak in there, much less one of the biggest movie stars in the world.

You're right about China, but that argument is a little like saying that as long as there are people getting speeding tickets, no one should obey the speed limit.

2016-12-09 7:56 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama

Originally posted by Rogillio

Again, weird.

Think about it:

If you had any idea of the security that's around Trump Tower right know, you'd know that an invisible ninja couldn't sneak in there, much less one of the biggest movie stars in the world.

You're right about China, but that argument is a little like saying that as long as there are people getting speeding tickets, no one should obey the speed limit.

Or maybe the argument is like saying 75% of the cars on the highway are going 25 mph over the speed limit. Let's deal with them before we focus on the 25% that are going 5 mph over the limit.

How about, If you cut a major artery in your leg, you need to deal with that before you worry about that scratch on your arm.

My guess is Leo did not 'sneak' in so much as walked in the front door without and invite and called up to Trump and said, "Sir, Mr DiCaprio is here...." and he was allow to go up.

2016-12-20 4:09 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE
2016-12-28 12:11 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama
2016-12-28 2:44 PM

User image

Pro
Tejas

My guess is Leo did not 'sneak' in so much as walked in the front door without and invite and called up to Trump and said, "Sir, Mr DiCaprio is here...." and he was allow to go up.

Because it was a slow day and Trump needed a good laugh?
2016-12-28 2:56 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

There are many things I'm encouraged about with a Trump Presidency, but getting the political bullying and corruption out of climate science is up at the top of the list.  It truly is an important field and needs to be studied in addition to sustainable energy, but it's a corrupt pile of garbage at this point. 

2017-02-10 12:18 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Thoughts on this?

Federal scientist cooked climate change books ahead of Obama presentation, whistle blower charges

I know the "data" has been continually modified by NOAA to be colder and colder in the past to make current temps warmer and warmer.  This seems to give a little more insight into the corruption.

2017-02-10 2:05 PM
in reply to: #5206172

New user
I think all of 'us' will be dead and gone by the time the real truth comes out. Inthemeantime, let's keep ararguing about which side is right. Lol
2017-02-10 2:23 PM
in reply to: goforit

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by goforit I think all of 'us' will be dead and gone by the time the real truth comes out. Inthemeantime, let's keep ararguing about which side is right. Lol

Well obviously I'm right so that's easy...  haha

I think you're right to an extent on the timeline, but IMHO the "alarmist science" has been proved wrong for many years and every year that goes by it's harder for them to keep up the charade. There's no question the climate is changing and always has, and there's no question man is contributing to it, but the game is up for the climate alarmist hacks who have used fear to get rich. 

2017-02-11 2:58 PM

User image

Master
Denver

Thoughts on this?

Federal scientist cooked climate change books ahead of Obama presentation, whistle blower charges

I know the "data" has been continually modified by NOAA to be colder and colder in the past to make current temps warmer and warmer.  This seems to give a little more insight into the corruption.

https://arstechnica.com/science/2017/02/article-names-whistleblower-who-told-congress-that-noaa-manipulated-data/

Literally the second google search result. Gives a little insight into the corruption of the deniers.  But I'm sure since you're so dedicated to understanding what's actually happening, you already investigated both sides of this and knew the Daily Mail / Fox News article is nothing more than a click-bait headline followed by a BS accustation.

2017-02-11 5:54 PM

User image

Pro

I see California got record snow and rain to end the record drought that was surely caused by global warming.  I'm sure the record snow was also caused by global warming.  It'll probably spawn a record mosquito crop which will also be caused by global warming.  Last weekend we shot over 100 quail in Texas out of what is being called a "quail explosion"......the biggest hatch on record....no doubt caused by global warming.  Meanwhile, the human population on earth grows by about 1.1%, or 80,000,000 each year and I need a friggin' scientist who thinks his time here is special to tell me what's going on.  I bet our planet can't wait to shed itself of our dumb arses.

BTW - the snow geese are in the middle of a massive northward migration this weekend on this warm front.  I don't know how many flocks I've watched move up the Mississippi River Valley.  It's about 14 days earlier than last year.................OH GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's 95 in the Texas Panhandle today.......global warming will likely kill most of the young quail that global warming produced.

The global warming industry cracks me up.

Edited by Left Brain 2017-02-11 6:00 PM

2017-02-12 9:14 AM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Pro
Tejas
Funny thing about climate change science is the lack of reporting in some areas. I watched a show last night about "the blob." Seems for several years 2013-16 there was an area of warm water off the west coast that rose to 6degrees F above normal temps. This is the first time I heard of this event. This blob was not a small localized event, rather a huge area that went from N Kali up into the Aleutians. 6 degrees is huge and something I think we should have been hearing about, except they were able to determine pretty quickly why it occurred; a static high pressure ridge.

My question is; Was this phenomena included in overall global ocean temp data when determining the rise of global water temps? An area as large as the blob combined with the high temp of the water would undoubtedly raise the overall average ocean water temps for that time period. Or was it included in the figures because the scientists determined that global climate change has affected the weather to the degree that it can justify including any data, to prove the hypothesis? Do you think they omitted this data?
2017-02-12 9:50 AM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE
Originally posted by drewb8

Thoughts on this?

https://arstechnica.com/science/2017/02/article-names-whistleblower-who-told-congress-that-noaa-manipulated-data/

Literally the second google search result. Gives a little insight into the corruption of the deniers.  But I'm sure since you're so dedicated to understanding what's actually happening, you already investigated both sides of this and knew the Daily Mail / Fox News article is nothing more than a click-bait headline followed by a BS accustation.

What am I denying?

It seems that you are doing some denying when anyone questions the science. Isn't the whole point of science to challenge and defend versus believe everything that comes out of a group that silences all opposing viewpoints?

Edited by tuwood 2017-02-12 9:52 AM
2017-02-12 12:06 PM

User image

Pro

I'll get on board with the climate change warriors as soon as they stop having kids, eating, driving, flying, and using products made in factories around the world......until then, they are just a bunch of "holier than thou" types or, worse,  folks trying to make a buck off of the latest "science". 

I'm worn our listening to people whining about what mankind is doing to this planet while they participate in activities that they claim are causing the problem.

2017-02-12 12:19 PM
in reply to: mdg2003

User image

Master
Denver

Originally posted by mdg2003 Funny thing about climate change science is the lack of reporting in some areas. I watched a show last night about "the blob." Seems for several years 2013-16 there was an area of warm water off the west coast that rose to 6degrees F above normal temps. This is the first time I heard of this event. This blob was not a small localized event, rather a huge area that went from N Kali up into the Aleutians. 6 degrees is huge and something I think we should have been hearing about, except they were able to determine pretty quickly why it occurred; a static high pressure ridge. My question is; Was this phenomena included in overall global ocean temp data when determining the rise of global water temps? An area as large as the blob combined with the high temp of the water would undoubtedly raise the overall average ocean water temps for that time period. Or was it included in the figures because the scientists determined that global climate change has affected the weather to the degree that it can justify including any data, to prove the hypothesis? Do you think they omitted this data?

So take this from someone who doesn't have any special expertise on compiling temperature data sets, but my hunch would be that, yes, those temps would be included in the data for the year.  The temp record is the temp record, it's not the place where the contribution of GHG's to temperature increases are teased out.  Heat wave data on land isn't excluded so I don't see why it would in the ocean either.  But if you're really interested in it, what I would suggest is finding a scientist who worked on the blob or does ocean temps and email them the question.  Most scientists I know are passionate about their work and love to talk about their research and would be psyched that someone from the general public is interested in what they're doing.

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Climate Change Rss Feed  

of 3

RELATED POSTS

Judge rules infants name to be changed! Pages: 1 2

Started by jford2309
Views: 3153 Posts: 32

2013-08-29 11:05 AM Pector55

A change of pace from SSM

Started by JoshR
Views: 1001 Posts: 6

2013-07-02 3:25 PM mehaner

Medical Groups Oppose Gun-Law Change To Share Mental Health Records

Started by DanielG
Views: 1894 Posts: 11

2013-06-19 2:04 PM powerman
RELATED ARTICLES
date : April 23, 2009
author : Team BT
comments : 0
Video of the six kick change swim drill.

date : January 20, 2009
author : AMSSM
Information for training as a pregnant triathlete including physiological changes, nutritional and environmental concerns plus certain risks to avoid.
date : November 5, 2008
author : FitWerx
What are the essential mechanical/maintenance skills that I as someone who rides a bike should learn how to do myself?

date : May 5, 2008
author : mrakes1
Did you flat training or racing on your tubular tire? This video will show you everything you need to do to change your tubular tire.
date : November 6, 2007
author : Ron
comments : 2
Don't know how to take that rear wheel off of your bike? Is the chain making things difficult? Learn how to remove your rear wheel if you have to change your bike tire or fix a flat.

date : April 17, 2005
author : Daniel Clout
comments : 5
I was humbled last year. My body shut down on me just before two World Championship events. I was originally in top form to medal in both, but my strength was sapped from me.
date : April 3, 2005
author : Team BT
comments : 1
The day that I decided to participate in a triathlon really changed my view of my own obstacles of matching the mind to the body and the spirit to contribute to society.

date : August 31, 2004
author : malvey
The journey begins in the brain. The brain, which energizes your attitude, is the most powerful factor in a lifestyle overhaul.