2016-12-14 2:35 PM
in reply to: mdg2003

User image

Veteran
St. Louis
Subject: RE: Social Security

Originally posted by mdg2003
Originally posted by chirunner134
Originally posted by Rogillio So here is a completely off topic post......but does not deserve it's own thread. After the hurricane ripped thru Haiti several years ago and the US was spending billions to build housing......I though of this idea. Send down empty shipping containers! Have a guy with a blow torch cut a few holes for window....and give them out. Figure out how to anchor the container and you have a permeant house for a Haitian family. And if you looked at what they were living in before hurricane blew it away you'd see a storage container is a HUGE improvement. $1,200 per house. 1 billion dollars buys them 833,000 houses. Ok, actually I was thinking about getting a contract with the gov to supply houses...... The base model is just the can. Add in a toilet, shower, kitchen and couple of interior walls......$2,000. And you could house 6 people.
also solution for the 500,000 homeless in America?
I can state with 100% certainty that there are 500K entry level job openings in this country right now. They can go to work and rent their own housing for the most part. Please don't anyone bother posting the excuse that they need an address or contact phone to get hired. I rarely go by a busy intersection that has beggars on each corner that I don't see at least one of those folks looking at a text or talking on the phone. There are a lot of them that simply aren't capable of functioning at any level in society. If we really want to help that segment, we need to institutionalize and start treating their various ailments, MH issues and addictions. I'd much rather see my government squander my SS contributions helping the truly helpless and not buying steaks n' beer for Mike's useless neighbor. Or my useless cousin who has been scamming the system since the day he learned to scam the system from my useless uncle. It's time for useless people to be held accountable for their own welfare and time for us to help the ones that really need help. Both sides of the aisle have been clamoring about for years and not doing a thing to correct this problem. Maybe we can send them all south to build a wall or something...

Why don't you report them for fraud to SSA? 

2016-12-14 2:51 PM
in reply to: Bob Loblaw

User image

Deep in the Heart of Texas

snitches get stitches.

2016-12-14 3:17 PM
in reply to: Hook'em

User image

Veteran
St. Louis

Originally posted by Hook'em

snitches get stitches.

Lol, I guess. I'm just not sure what people want the government to do. If the paperwork is all filed correctly and a doc signed off on some fake back pain, how is SSA supposed to know it's fraud short of hiring thousands and thousands of investigators to go running around the country trying to figure out who's cheating the government and who's legit.  So instead they set up a hotline. You can even call in anonymously. 

It's like getting upset at the police for not arresting the guy that's always selling drugs at the end of your street but never actually calling the cops to let them know he's down there selling meth.  How does that PSA go, see something say something. 

2016-12-14 3:19 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by Bob Loblaw

snitches get stitches.

Lol, I guess. I'm just not sure what people want the government to do. If the paperwork is all filed correctly and a doc signed off on some fake back pain, how is SSA supposed to know it's fraud short of hiring thousands and thousands of investigators to go running around the country trying to figure out who's cheating the government and who's legit.  So instead they set up a hotline. You can even call in anonymously. 

It's like getting upset at the police for not arresting the guy that's always selling drugs at the end of your street but never actually calling the cops to let them know he's down there selling meth.  How does that PSA go, see something say something. 

My personal opinion is that we just need to set the thresholds and put checks/balances in ahead of time to reduce the fraud.  There's always going to be fraud, but when the threshold is so low, and the penalties for committing such fraud are virtually non-existent there's almost an encouragement to commit the fraud. 
In the 80's when I was a teenager my family would openly talk and brag about scamming various entitlement and social security systems and encourage each other to do the same.  It was disgusting 

2016-12-14 4:55 PM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Pro
I don't know how people get away with fraud like that. I know damn well the first time I tried something like that they'd lock me up and pitch the key......God hates me.
2016-12-14 6:32 PM

User image

Pro
Tejas

snitches get stitches.

Somehow you've twisted it to where it's my fault. That's part of the problem too. Enabling and making excuses for these people. The problem is so many are reliant on the 'hand out' not 'hand up' mentality role of government. You've fallen into the trap by suggesting that I'm somehow responsible for their behavior. Using your own thought process here; Bob, you're guilty of fraud because you neglected to ask for names and addresses to report this fraud of which you are now aware of.

2016-12-14 6:45 PM

User image

Pro
Tejas

Why don't you report them for fraud to SSA? 

They have been reported. Claims revoked and investigated for fraud. Only to get another job, get injured again and repeat the cycle. My father even took him to court because he wiped out his Dad's bank account. My father won the suit and has a judgement against this sh*thead for the entire amount. Problem is, he's living so far below the poverty line, there isn't anything to take back. He never learned to earn, save and improve his branch of the family tree. He's dependent on someone feed, clothe, provide medical care and shelter for his entire family. His father (my Dad's brother) was the same way his entire life and now it's a multi generational problem. No doubt he'll teach his kids the same.
2016-12-14 6:47 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by Left Brain I don't know how people get away with fraud like that. I know damn well the first time I tried something like that they'd lock me up and pitch the key......God hates me.

There's a weird dynamic when it comes to crime.  The poor seem to get hammered when it comes to criminal (assault, robbery, drugs) and the rich seem to get away with a lot more.  Then when it comes to more civil crimes the poor get a pass and the rich get hammered whenever they try taking advantage of stuff (tax deductions, writing off the car, etc). (I'm generalizing of course)

The Democratic party has pushed very hard to increase the complete entitlement programs because it gives them control.  Don't vote for the guy with the (R) behind his name because he'll take your livelihood away.  The more people dependent on government the higher likelihood of D's staying in power.

2016-12-16 1:59 PM
in reply to: mdg2003

User image

Veteran
St. Louis

Originally posted by mdg2003

snitches get stitches.

Somehow you've twisted it to where it's my fault. That's part of the problem too. Enabling and making excuses for these people. The problem is so many are reliant on the 'hand out' not 'hand up' mentality role of government. You've fallen into the trap by suggesting that I'm somehow responsible for their behavior. Using your own thought process here; Bob, you're guilty of fraud because you neglected to ask for names and addresses to report this fraud of which you are now aware of.

So I went to the website to report them and it turns out that telling them the useless cousin and uncle of mdg2003 from Tejas were committing fraud wasn't quite enough information to launch an investigation with. Oh well.

I never suggested what your cousin is doing was your fault or that you were in any way responsible for their behavior. All I did was ask why you wouldn't report them? Last time he was reported, he lost his benefits and had to go get a job. Awesome. But if you're going to say that enabling and making excuses for these people is part of the problem, well.....I got some bad news for you. You're literally looking the other way instead of doing something about it. That's kind of the definition of enabling. 

If it bugs you that much, do something about it. Or don't. I really don't care. 

2016-12-16 2:36 PM

User image

Pro

There are numerous reports from anonymous sources within un-named groups that Russia supplies doctors to write fraudulent reports to SSA.

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Social Security Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

government email / security

Started by spudone
Views: 438 Posts: 5

2016-07-07 3:23 PM spudone

1WTC "impenetrable security" breached by 16yo

Started by switch
Views: 965 Posts: 10

2014-03-27 5:23 PM Kido

Obamacare Security

Started by velocomp
Views: 863 Posts: 3

2014-01-23 11:24 AM jeffnboise

Susan Rice - National Security Advisor

Started by cardenas1
Views: 826 Posts: 2

2013-06-05 10:36 AM JoshR
RELATED ARTICLES
date : May 30, 2005
author : Ontherun
comments : 0
Taking care of your equipment is very important, especially on a limited budget. The following are a few reminders of how to get your equipment to last as long as possible.

date : January 10, 2005
author : trithis
Club or group workouts are very motivating and soon you’ll start feeling like a triathlete, making you less likely to flake out.
date : September 19, 2004
author : malvey
The next time you see one of your kids or grandkids, look deep into their eyes and know that they would give anything to have you around for five, ten fifteen, or even twenty more years.