Other Resources The Political Joe » Rick Perry Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2016-12-13 10:05 AM

User image

Pro
Tejas
Subject: Rick Perry
Energy secretary. Anyone see a trend developing here? CNN is already is full blown destroy mode. They're showing his pitiful performance at one of the debates. My god, the man lost his train of thought in a debate, clearly he's not qualified for the job now. Let the whining continue.

2016-12-13 10:42 AM
in reply to: mdg2003

User image

Champion
Alabama
Subject: RE: Rick Perry
Originally posted by mdg2003

Energy secretary. Anyone see a trend developing here? CNN is already is full blown destroy mode. They're showing his pitiful performance at one of the debates. My god, the man lost his train of thought in a debate, clearly he's not qualified for the job now. Let the whining continue.

The MO of the media seems to be find the trash. Find something Sen Sessions said taken out of context 20 years ago and let that be the headline.

A agree about Perry losing his train of thought. You untie you tongue and stand on stage in front of millions of people watching and see if you get a mental block. It actually happens all the time! The reason it stood out here is because he prefaced his comment saying there were 3 issues....and then could not remember the third. Much more embossing is when you are in a meeting with someone you've worked with for 20 years and can't remember their name!!

A lot of people think that did not hurt Perry....some said it made him more human.
2016-12-13 12:07 PM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

I was listening to an interview on FoxNews a couple days ago where the Democrat representative was railing on about how the latest pick was essentially hitler reborn and the moderator laughed and said something to the effect; You know, you guys can't claim every single Trump pick is the end of the world, you kind of have to pick one or two and fight against them versus try and oppose every single one.

I'm convinced if Trump appoints Obama in his cabinet the left will attack him for pandering to blacks so it proves he's racist.... 

On a humorous note, I'm curious if Rick Perry was hired to shut down the agency he wanted to eliminate.  I'm all for that, and who better to do the job.  
Did you know the DoE has almost 100k employees.  Think about that?  100k employees. 
What the bleep are 100k employees doing at the Department of Energy?

2016-12-13 12:15 PM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Pro
Tejas
Originally posted by tuwood

Uh, they're doing department stuff. Like at the department of education and that other department… I can't recall it's name at this moment. But rest assured, they're doing important department stuff too.
2016-12-13 12:17 PM
in reply to: mdg2003

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

Uh, they're doing department stuff. Like at the department of education and that other department… I can't recall it's name at this moment. But rest assured, they're doing important department stuff too.

no, DOE has about 12,000 employees.  the other 90,000 are federal contracts.

2016-12-13 12:21 PM
in reply to: dmiller5

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by dmiller5

lol, as a business owner when you translate the word "contractor" it equals "more expensive employee".  
Then again, this could be a good thing because we can eliminate 90k contractor positions without eliminating any jobs at the DOE.   

2016-12-13 2:02 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama

I was listening to an interview on FoxNews a couple days ago where the Democrat representative was railing on about how the latest pick was essentially hitler reborn and the moderator laughed and said something to the effect; You know, you guys can't claim every single Trump pick is the end of the world, you kind of have to pick one or two and fight against them versus try and oppose every single one.

I'm convinced if Trump appoints Obama in his cabinet the left will attack him for pandering to blacks so it proves he's racist.... 

On a humorous note, I'm curious if Rick Perry was hired to shut down the agency he wanted to eliminate.  I'm all for that, and who better to do the job.  
Did you know the DoE has almost 100k employees.  Think about that?  100k employees. 

I agree. Shut it down.

While they are at it, shut down the Dept of Education! No where in the US Constitution are you afforded the right to free public education. Clearly education is something the states should control. County and/or cities know better how to educate their children than federal bureaucrats.

BTW, nowhere in the US Constitution are you afforded the right to free public education.
2016-12-13 2:09 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama

lol, as a business owner when you translate the word "contractor" it equals "more expensive employee".  
Then again, this could be a good thing because we can eliminate 90k contractor positions without eliminating any jobs at the DOE.   

Have to disagree with the contractor being more expensive. He might make more money but he does 10 times the work. And he is held accountable. Almost impossible to fire incompetent government people. They are simply shuffled around to be someone else's problem.

Also the federal government does not have the skill, knowledge and/or infrastructure to do many of the jobs they contract out for. Not many companies in the world can do what Haliburton does.....and certainly not the gubment.
2016-12-13 2:26 PM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by Rogillio

Have to disagree with the contractor being more expensive. He might make more money but he does 10 times the work. And he is held accountable. Almost impossible to fire incompetent government people. They are simply shuffled around to be someone else's problem. Also the federal government does not have the skill, knowledge and/or infrastructure to do many of the jobs they contract out for. Not many companies in the world can do what Haliburton does.....and certainly not the gubment.

You do have a point on the level of competence and effort.  I'm speaking in the context of normal businesses where employees have to actually do work.   

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Rick Perry Rss Feed