General Discussion Triathlon Talk » PRs galore, DESPITE being in the Season of Eating Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2016-12-13 12:50 PM

Subject: PRs galore, DESPITE being in the Season of Eating
Wowzers.
PRs for 3k, 5k, and 10k on a run this weekend.
Despite being several lbs.. up due to being right in the throes of the Season of Eating.

Yah, it's a little messageboard bragging (then again, if I posted my paces it'd not really be bragging, at least to anyone other than me)
Can't wait until the Season of Eating is over. (Halloween>Thanksgiving>Christmas events>Christmas>New Years>Super Bowl>Valentines Day)...and I can see how fast I can really go.

Actually it's more along the lines of just again being satisfied by the results you see from following a plan (just some simple freebie 'run faster' plans).
It's the same satisfaction I got from losing weight. Have a plan. Do the work. Put in the effort. See the results.

FWIW:
3k - 7:51
5k - 7:59
10k - 8:09

Like I said, nothing to brag over. But as a former fat guy and 45 year old...I'm shocked I tell ya. Shocked.

2016-12-13 1:30 PM
in reply to: jhaack39

User image

Subject: RE: PRs galore, DESPITE being in the Season of Eating

While losing a few pounds certainly helps, it's likely not your low hanging fruit.  Keep training consistently and your times will likely continue to drop even if you maintain weight or gain a couple more.

2016-12-13 1:37 PM
in reply to: Jason N

Subject: RE: PRs galore, DESPITE being in the Season of Eating
Originally posted by Jason N

While losing a few pounds certainly helps, it's likely not your low hanging fruit.  Keep training consistently and your times will likely continue to drop even if you maintain weight or gain a couple more.

Oh...I'm well aware of that.

But, weight....that's my #1 thing here. If I never ran again...or rode a bike...
Weight is going to be a top priority for me. It's at the center of my universe.
I say "former fat guy"....but that's not right. I compare it to AA.

"My name is AJ, and I'm fat. I haven't weighed over 200 for 42 months."

Once a fat guy, always a fat guy. Even if I'm not technically fat.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » PRs galore, DESPITE being in the Season of Eating Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Post-Season, Off-Season, Pre-Season Training

Started by richwampler
Views: 1513 Posts: 2

2010-10-01 10:04 AM JohnnyKay

Some days I just eat eat eat

Started by chandy14ski
Views: 1952 Posts: 20

2010-07-30 2:36 AM ehughes

Am i eating properly

Started by osprey
Views: 2044 Posts: 10

2010-03-10 3:06 PM osprey

What am I supposed to eat at night?

Started by runrachierun
Views: 1348 Posts: 3

2008-04-15 2:20 PM froglegs

Eating pre-early AM wk/outs

Started by Colomingle
Views: 1442 Posts: 11

2005-09-01 2:56 PM willywill41
RELATED ARTICLES
date : May 31, 2016
author : rjcalhoun
comments : 5
From heavy, stressed business owner to triathlete

date : June 25, 2010
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 4
Ever wonder what’s best to eat during long runs, bike rides or other exercise that lasts more than 60 to 90 minutes?
date : May 5, 2008
author : TriPainter
comments : 1
I went into the pool area (as this was a pool swim) and got body marked. That's when it hit me that I was there to race - this was not a clinic.

date : April 1, 2008
Coaches and parents alike want their athletes to eat well and be healthy. The struggling athletes just want people to stop policing their eating and exercise.
date : February 7, 2008
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
The off season should be just that – a time to rest your body, to rehabilitate injury, and to plan ahead on how to improve performance and prevent injury in the season to come.

date : February 7, 2008
The suggestions guide you towards an eating style that's simple and practical, yet can effectively help you eat well to perform well, despite today’s bewildering food environment.
date : October 11, 2007
author : Ron
Training program for the minority triathlete wanting to put on some extra muscle mass to get buff for next years triathlon season.

date : September 2, 2004
author : Michael
If you develop a strategy for the off-season, you can go into the next season stronger than you ended the past season.