BT Development Mentor Program Archives » The Dominon - Beginner Focused Group - Closed Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 22

2017-01-31 6:57 PM
in reply to: HelmoAlkou

User image

Subject: RE: Allergies!
Originally posted by HelmoAlkou

Instead of my weekly long bike ride before I go on shift tomorrow I ended up at the doctors office all morning with a sinus infection.  Had a good swim and run yesterday and felt fine until around 7pm.  It really took the wind out of my sails! 

Edit: I guess I'll post numbers since I'm done for the month.

Swim: 5h 39m - 9.77 Mi

Bike: 11h 29m - 180.99 Mi

Run: 7h 26m - 43.17 Mi

Strength: 5h 35m

Congrats on those numbers! Impressive.....

Allergies in Texas.......when we moved to the Hill Country many years ago we were told of the dreaded "cedar fever"...caused my wife's allergies to increase!! Good luck with the sinus infection. I fought one in early December-antibiotics knocked it out pretty quickly...

2017-01-31 8:57 PM
in reply to: #5208205

User image

New user
Subject: RE: The Dominon - Beginner Focused Group - Closed
January results:

Bike: 87.11 miles
Run: 50.14 miles
Strength training: 1 hour 52 minutes
Swim: 0.0 miles

The month flew by and went mostly to plan. Never even attempted to make it to the pool but will make an honest effort to make it more of a priority in February happy with all my other numbers. Going to up the numbers another 10-15% next month.

Scott
2017-02-01 2:34 AM
in reply to: Geoff29610

User image

New user
Watford
Hi Geoff,

I listen to the Oxeygenaddict podcast. It's UK based, but the normal format is a review of worldwide results, any news, coaches couch and then an interview. Which could be a relevant age grouper or an Olympic level or world champion.

It's the best I've found. You could get it through itunes or the website http://www.oxygenaddict.com/.

Let me know what you think, or if you found any others worth listening to.

Tony.
2017-02-01 2:40 AM
in reply to: scottjjmtri99

User image

New user
Watford
HI all,

Thanks for all the tips and warnings about bike shoes.
I tried them on the turbo this weekend, and yes I pretty much fell off trying to unclip - on a turbo!!!!

I'be a small path at the bottom of my road which I'm going to practice the start and stopping, so if WHEN I fall it'll be on grass.

What do people normally do during a race with bike shoes?
I think they'll be to difficult to get on whilst I'm riding so I won't be going for the flying mount yet.

Do people recommend putting them on in transaction and running in them to the mount line and then running back into transition, or carrying them and running bare foot and putting them on nearer to the mount line, or it is dependent on the transition?

What are all your experiences?

Thanks - Tony.
2017-02-01 7:04 AM
in reply to: TonyAbbott

User image

Subject: Jan Totals

SWIM1h 25m 02s - 4400.00 Yd
BIKE6h 40m 18s - 120.09 Mi
RUN7h 08m 57s - 47.77 Mi
Strength 9h 29m

Able to string a couple good weeks of training together, overall volume less than last year at this time on all counts. Last year I didn't take December and half of November off so pretty happy with this as a first month back.
2017-02-01 1:01 PM
in reply to: nrpoulin

User image

Pacific Northwest, Washington
Subject: January Totals
S: 11,120 yards
B: 156.62 miles
R: 54.78 miles

My swim and bike numbers are down a bit for January, and my "run" numbers are actually about 2/3 cross country skiing. Since we are having our first real winter since I moved to the mountains seven years ago, I've been spending as much time outside on my skis as I can and ditched a few planned bike and swim sessions, which I'm OK with. We still have lots of snow, but it's pretty crappy now, so I've hit the treadmill again for a few runs and even got in a couple outside when the sun was out.

My race schedule isn't yet fully planned out for 2017. I'm getting a bit of a late start on it this year because I have the two 70.3 races scheduled (Cd'A in June and Whistler in July), but haven't decided the others yet. And, for the first time, I don't have any running races on my schedule, other than Bloomsday 12K and Grumpy Grouch 5K. I'm kind of glad I took the winter off from racing, although it has reflected on my physical fitness. But, that's OK--I do this for fun. There's always time to build it back again.

2017-02-01 8:43 PM

Chesterfield, Virginia
Originally posted by TonyAbbott

Hi Geoff,

I listen to the Oxeygenaddict podcast. It's UK based, but the normal format is a review of worldwide results, any news, coaches couch and then an interview. Which could be a relevant age grouper or an Olympic level or world champion.

It's the best I've found. You could get it through itunes or the website http://www.oxygenaddict.com/.

Let me know what you think, or if you found any others worth listening to.

Tony.

Thanks for the tip Tony, I'll definitely check it out. I have been listening to the triathlete training podcast by Nick Schwartz. So far it has been a combination of triathletes (olympic and average level), nutrition tips, and overall training advice. So far it has definitely been helpful and occupies my time at work .

Geoff
2017-02-02 11:00 AM
in reply to: scottjjmtri99

User image

North Grafton, Massachusetts
Subject: January totals
Swim:2h 42m 42s - 7400 M
Bike:5h 43m 01s - 94.27 Mi
Run:5h 22m 39s - 34.96 Mi

My overall total training time for the month was about the same as last year. A little less swimming, about an hour less of bike/run combined. However, one positive for my year in 2017 is that I had about 2 more hours in the saddle than last year. With the 56 mile distance looming for my first HIM, I know I needed to make a commitment to my bike training. Stronger on the bike means better legs for the run, so it was a good sign that I was able to commit to a steady dose of the trainer in January.

For February, I'll continue to gradually increase my swimming volume, but nothing crazy. In all likelihood, I'll probably end up in the 8000-8500 meter range, which is fine for me. The same thing goes for the bike and the run. On the bike, I'm probably not looking at more than an extra hour or so. I was fine with the number of workouts and I'll simply be trying to add an extra 10 minutes to each workout over January. For my running, I averaged about 5 miles per run, so I'll make that closer to 6 miles in February and may already start adding some 2K-3K bricks onto at least a couple bike trainer sessions.
2017-02-05 2:01 AM
in reply to: #5212165

Hopkinsville, Kentucky
Went for a 15 mile run today averaging 8:06 min per mile with the last 3 miles all being sub 8 min pace. I was happy to find out I still had gas in the tank at the end. I was hoping to run a 1:40 half marathon but not sure I can run 7:37 miles.
2017-02-05 4:29 AM
in reply to: Time2TriHard

User image

Veteran
Cleburne, Texas

Originally posted by Time2TriHard Went for a 15 mile run today averaging 8:06 min per mile with the last 3 miles all being sub 8 min pace. I was happy to find out I still had gas in the tank at the end. I was hoping to run a 1:40 half marathon but not sure I can run 7:37 miles.

right on!

2017-02-05 7:04 AM

User image

Veteran
Deep South, Georgia
Subject: RE: Jan Totals

S; 2600 yards (1 session)

B: 120 miles (all trainer)

R: 45 miles.

January didn't take off like I had hoped for various reasons. One was a letdown after having to pull out of my half marathon for work reasons. After that I pulled way back on the run mileage.

2017-02-05 7:06 AM

User image

Veteran
Deep South, Georgia

Originally posted by TonyAbbott HI all, Thanks for all the tips and warnings about bike shoes. I tried them on the turbo this weekend, and yes I pretty much fell off trying to unclip - on a turbo!!!! I'be a small path at the bottom of my road which I'm going to practice the start and stopping, so if WHEN I fall it'll be on grass. What do people normally do during a race with bike shoes? I think they'll be to difficult to get on whilst I'm riding so I won't be going for the flying mount yet. Do people recommend putting them on in transaction and running in them to the mount line and then running back into transition, or carrying them and running bare foot and putting them on nearer to the mount line, or it is dependent on the transition? What are all your experiences? Thanks - Tony.

I haven't mastered the flying mount well enough to try it in a race. So I put on shoes at transition1 then run in them to the mount line. I do slide out of my shoes while approaching T2 and do the flying dismount. Shoes just stay on the pedals at that point.

2017-02-05 9:21 AM
in reply to: Dominion

User image

Originally posted by Dominion

Originally posted by TonyAbbott HI all, Thanks for all the tips and warnings about bike shoes. I tried them on the turbo this weekend, and yes I pretty much fell off trying to unclip - on a turbo!!!! I'be a small path at the bottom of my road which I'm going to practice the start and stopping, so if WHEN I fall it'll be on grass. What do people normally do during a race with bike shoes? I think they'll be to difficult to get on whilst I'm riding so I won't be going for the flying mount yet. Do people recommend putting them on in transaction and running in them to the mount line and then running back into transition, or carrying them and running bare foot and putting them on nearer to the mount line, or it is dependent on the transition? What are all your experiences? Thanks - Tony.

I haven't mastered the flying mount well enough to try it in a race. So I put on shoes at transition1 then run in them to the mount line. I do slide out of my shoes while approaching T2 and do the flying dismount. Shoes just stay on the pedals at that point.

This will probably be my approach as well. #1, simply because I am new to clipless pedals. #2, because I'm not sure I have the leg strength or athleticism to pull off such a move. #3, I'm slightly afraid of getting injured and ruining months worth of training. I think I'd rather play it conservative and simply fling my leg over once I'm at the mounting line. I feel comfortable enough with the flying dismount and have pulled it off enough times in races that I would worry about that. Get out of the shoes will coasting towards the dismount line and then cruise on into T2!
2017-02-05 10:33 AM
in reply to: rjchilds8

User image

Veteran
Cleburne, Texas

Originally posted by rjchilds8
Originally posted by Dominion

Originally posted by TonyAbbott ... Do people recommend putting them on in transaction and running in them to the mount line and then running back into transition, or carrying them and running bare foot and putting them on nearer to the mount line, or it is dependent on the transition? What are all your experiences? Thanks - Tony.

This will probably be my approach as well. #1, simply because I am new to clipless pedals. #2, because I'm not sure I have the leg strength or athleticism to pull off such a move. #3, I'm slightly afraid of getting injured and ruining months worth of training. I think I'd rather play it conservative and simply fling my leg over once I'm at the mounting line. I feel comfortable enough with the flying dismount and have pulled it off enough times in races that I would worry about that. Get out of the shoes will coasting towards the dismount line and then cruise on into T2!

Agree! I do it the same and usually over on the side just in case someone is behind me who's flying mount. Which never happens. I've done the flying mount a couple of times but it's not comfortable for me. Plus my bottles stick up an extra 3"+ over my saddle now.

Another way I've come out of T1 that's less aggressive than the flying mount but doesn't require stopping is to cross your left foot over in front of your right and place it on top of your shoe then push a couple of times with your right foot before swinging it over your saddle. It's a little akward to get used to but effective. It helps to use a small rubber band (that will break), put your crank/shoe in the 6 o'clock position, or something that will hold your left shoe horizontal so it's easy to place your foot while running.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJx-f_uuRrw

2017-02-06 9:41 AM

Chesterfield, Virginia
I'm starting to read Joe Friel's Triathlete's training bible. There is alot of information in there. I am on chapter 3 where he is starting to talk about training loads and workout scores. As well, one thing that stood out to me is thinking in terms of duration totals of workouts rather than distance. Below is my planned training schedule. I would love some feedback!!

Cycle 1
Swim-low intensity
Bike-moderate intensity
Run-high intensity
Rest day

Cycle 2
Bike-low intensity
Run-moderate intensity
Swim- high intensity
Rest day

Cycle 3
Run- low intensity
swim- moderate intensity
Bike- high intensity
Rest day

Start back at cycle 1.

Thanks again and great work everyone!
Geoff
2017-02-06 9:45 PM

User image

Subject: Refueling strategy
If chocolate milk, according to science, is the best post-workout recovery drink, then wouldn't chocolate ice cream be the best post-workout snack?! LOL I don't know, but I didn't want to take any chances so I had a bowl after exercising tonight. ;-)

OK, more serious question. I started to wonder if one of the reasons that I always seem to cramp within a 1/4 mile of the start of the run is due to a calorie or nutrition deficit that I start the bike with because of the swim. I'm anticipating 42-45 minutes for my HIM swim. That's 42-45 minutes of "racing" without being able to take in water or any nutrition. I'm curious what others use for a fueling/nutrition strategy after the swim. What, and how much, do you take in after the swim in T1? I think it is something I'll give consideration to for my Olys also. That's still 30+ minutes of swimming without taking in any nutrition. Just curious what some of the people in this group that have done a 70.3 or higher have used as a strategy.

Randy

2017-02-07 9:31 AM

User image

Veteran
Cleburne, Texas
Subject: RE: Refueling strategy

Originally posted by rjchilds8 If chocolate milk, according to science, is the best post-workout recovery drink, then wouldn't chocolate ice cream be the best post-workout snack?! LOL I don't know, but I didn't want to take any chances so I had a bowl after exercising tonight. ;-) OK, more serious question. I started to wonder if one of the reasons that I always seem to cramp within a 1/4 mile of the start of the run is due to a calorie or nutrition deficit that I start the bike with because of the swim. I'm anticipating 42-45 minutes for my HIM swim. That's 42-45 minutes of "racing" without being able to take in water or any nutrition. I'm curious what others use for a fueling/nutrition strategy after the swim. What, and how much, do you take in after the swim in T1? I think it is something I'll give consideration to for my Olys also. That's still 30+ minutes of swimming without taking in any nutrition. Just curious what some of the people in this group that have done a 70.3 or higher have used as a strategy. Randy

Your breakfast, about three hours prior to the race, and maybe a gel right before the swim will sustain you until you're on the bike. I eat the same thing for breakfast for several weeks before a race and pack my food with me to the hotel. And don't try to "carb up" the night/day before either as this can cause gastrointestinal and other issues on race day. As soon as I'm settled on the bike I start my nutrition/hydration plan:

Nutrition: 220 calories per hour on the bike, which is more than recommended but it works for me. Gels, blocks, clif bars, etc. I find out what's going to be on the course and practice with that if I can. I consume less on the run, 150-180 cal/hr.

Hydration: 20-28 oz per hour +/- depending on the weather. I take 2-4 large sips every 15 minutes and I rotate between water and Gatorade Endurance. I changed to GE when Ironman named them the official drink and started using as course nutrition. And yes, the calories from Gatorade E count towards my total calories. I'll slow to a quick walk and drink a couple of cups of water and/or Gatorade during the run at every other stop. I also make sure I eat my gel or whatever right BEFORE the aid station I'm drinking at to wash it down. This means I carry a couple of gels/blocks with me while running.

This is what works for me. It will probably be different for you. But I do this every workout that's longer than 60 minutes. Make it a habit!

I've never been sold on the chocolate milk theory. Maybe it's really good stuff. The milk industry has sure sunk a lot of money into advertising. I use Hammer Nutrition's Recoverite within 60 minutes of every workout. I've been taking it long enough now that I know it works for me. Then I have a bowl of ice cream!!

Check out Hammer's website. It's loaded with information. Click the PR Knowledge tab. They even have a trouble shooting page to help figure out why something's not working.

2017-02-07 9:48 AM

User image

Veteran
Cleburne, Texas

Originally posted by Geoff29610 I'm starting to read Joe Friel's Triathlete's training bible. There is alot of information in there. I am on chapter 3 where he is starting to talk about training loads and workout scores. As well, one thing that stood out to me is thinking in terms of duration totals of workouts rather than distance. Below is my planned training schedule. I would love some feedback!!  

Great book!

I'm assuming you're "cycle" is recovery every fourth day? Or is it every fourth workout, like weekly?  Also, "intensity" needs a duration so you're long duration workouts would be much less intense (aerobic) and you're short duration w/o would be more intense (anaerobic). So it's a little hard to comment on your schedule with the info you've provided. But it looks like you've got the idea being in chapter 3. If I remember the book, lol.

I would like to add that I've read and studied training plans a lot and made my own for a while (OCD) but most of the plans, even the free ones, on this website fall inline with what's in the books. I've used a lot of the BT plans from Olympic tri's to half/full marathon, to half/full triathlon and can't say any of them "failed" me. Although some seemed to fit me better than others. 

2017-02-07 11:58 AM

Chesterfield, Virginia

Originally posted by Geoff29610 I'm starting to read Joe Friel's Triathlete's training bible. There is alot of information in there. I am on chapter 3 where he is starting to talk about training loads and workout scores. As well, one thing that stood out to me is thinking in terms of duration totals of workouts rather than distance. Below is my planned training schedule. I would love some feedback!!  

Great book!

I'm assuming you're "cycle" is recovery every fourth day? Or is it every fourth workout, like weekly?  Also, "intensity" needs a duration so you're long duration workouts would be much less intense (aerobic) and you're short duration w/o would be more intense (anaerobic). So it's a little hard to comment on your schedule with the info you've provided. But it looks like you've got the idea being in chapter 3. If I remember the book, lol.

I would like to add that I've read and studied training plans a lot and made my own for a while (OCD) but most of the plans, even the free ones, on this website fall inline with what's in the books. I've used a lot of the BT plans from Olympic tri's to half/full marathon, to half/full triathlon and can't say any of them "failed" me. Although some seemed to fit me better than others. 

Yeah, sorry I wasn't too clear. Each cycle is a 4 day cycle with the fourth day being the rest day. I am using duration as the intensity measure as well as some interval training on those more intense days. The reason why I chose the rotation was to make my most intense day right before the rest day. As well, making sure I varied up whether swim, bike, or run came before the rest day.

Thanks for your feedback. I really enjoy reading that book and I remember some physiology courses from college and the book is kinda refreshing my memory.

Geoff
2017-02-07 12:32 PM

User image

Veteran
Cleburne, Texas

Originally posted by Geoff29610

Originally posted by Geoff29610 I'm starting to read Joe Friel's Triathlete's training bible.  I would love some feedback!!  

Great book! 

Yeah, sorry I wasn't too clear. Each cycle is a 4 day cycle with the fourth day being the rest day. I am using duration as the intensity measure as well as some interval training on those more intense days. The reason why I chose the rotation was to make my most intense day right before the rest day. As well, making sure I varied up whether swim, bike, or run came before the rest day. Thanks for your feedback. I really enjoy reading that book and I remember some physiology courses from college and the book is kinda refreshing my memory. Geoff

Right on!  Something else you can do is add a short/mid duration LOW intensity bike the day after a high intensity run to help loosen and stretch your legs. Or vise versa with an easy run after a hard bike. This can also be done as a brick w/o or later in the day. Ex: a hard run workout on Saturday morning then an easy spin bike that afternoon. Usually called "recovery" workouts.

2017-02-07 3:17 PM

User image

Pacific Northwest, Washington
Originally posted by rjchilds8
I'm curious what others use for a fueling/nutrition strategy after the swim. What, and how much, do you take in after the swim in T1?

I've done only one 70.3 so far, but in any race, I usually don't take in any food or water in T1. I will take in PowerAde on the bike as needed, but I don't eat anything until I'm an hour and a half or so into the race. This gives me time to clear any congested areas and get settled in for the ride. And I just take in what feels comfortable, but it's probably about 200 calories an hour. I'm a back-of-the-packer, so just plain food, like pretzels or oatmeal raisin cookies or peanut butter bagels, works for me. I tried Clif bars last year, but they just made me gag. I don't do gels or anything like that.

2017-02-08 7:03 AM

User image

Veteran
Deep South, Georgia

Originally posted by rjchilds8 If chocolate milk, according to science, is the best post-workout recovery drink, then wouldn't chocolate ice cream be the best post-workout snack?! LOL I don't know, but I didn't want to take any chances so I had a bowl after exercising tonight. ;-) OK, more serious question. I started to wonder if one of the reasons that I always seem to cramp within a 1/4 mile of the start of the run is due to a calorie or nutrition deficit that I start the bike with because of the swim. I'm anticipating 42-45 minutes for my HIM swim. That's 42-45 minutes of "racing" without being able to take in water or any nutrition. I'm curious what others use for a fueling/nutrition strategy after the swim. What, and how much, do you take in after the swim in T1? I think it is something I'll give consideration to for my Olys also. That's still 30+ minutes of swimming without taking in any nutrition. Just curious what some of the people in this group that have done a 70.3 or higher have used as a strategy. Randy

Your breakfast, about three hours prior to the race, and maybe a gel right before the swim will sustain you until you're on the bike. I eat the same thing for breakfast for several weeks before a race and pack my food with me to the hotel. And don't try to "carb up" the night/day before either as this can cause gastrointestinal and other issues on race day. As soon as I'm settled on the bike I start my nutrition/hydration plan:

Nutrition: 220 calories per hour on the bike, which is more than recommended but it works for me. Gels, blocks, clif bars, etc. I find out what's going to be on the course and practice with that if I can. I consume less on the run, 150-180 cal/hr.

Hydration: 20-28 oz per hour +/- depending on the weather. I take 2-4 large sips every 15 minutes and I rotate between water and Gatorade Endurance. I changed to GE when Ironman named them the official drink and started using as course nutrition. And yes, the calories from Gatorade E count towards my total calories. I'll slow to a quick walk and drink a couple of cups of water and/or Gatorade during the run at every other stop. I also make sure I eat my gel or whatever right BEFORE the aid station I'm drinking at to wash it down. This means I carry a couple of gels/blocks with me while running.

This is what works for me. It will probably be different for you. But I do this every workout that's longer than 60 minutes. Make it a habit!

I've never been sold on the chocolate milk theory. Maybe it's really good stuff. The milk industry has sure sunk a lot of money into advertising. I use Hammer Nutrition's Recoverite within 60 minutes of every workout. I've been taking it long enough now that I know it works for me. Then I have a bowl of ice cream!!

Check out Hammer's website. It's loaded with information. Click the PR Knowledge tab. They even have a trouble shooting page to help figure out why something's not working.

For me it's a gel right before the swim start. Like Monty, that gel plus breakfast gets me to the bike. Once on the bike I can start on my Infinite formula. That plus water and maybe another gel or two is good for 56 miles.

2017-02-08 8:46 AM
in reply to: Dominion

User image

Well, after nearly a week off(vehicle broke down, unable to get to the gym unfortunately), I'm back in the saddle again. I've been fighting with some weight gain and hunger issues lately which is incredibly frustrating given my history in the past year and a half. Hoping to battle with that a bit more and correct it.
2017-02-08 10:09 AM
in reply to: joshwennes

User image

I am now part of the garmin militia. I like the fact that I can sync my garmin connect with BT to track my workouts there seems to be some kinks if I edit the workout on BT. For example if I put a speed in BT for a trainer ride to track miles or adjust the swim time to not reflect the rest intervals. If i edit the workout and sync again later it imports the workout again so it looks like two swims, runs or bikes.

Does it do this for anyone else? I am using the taparik to sync
2017-02-08 12:32 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by nrpoulin

I am now part of the garmin militia. I like the fact that I can sync my garmin connect with BT to track my workouts there seems to be some kinks if I edit the workout on BT. For example if I put a speed in BT for a trainer ride to track miles or adjust the swim time to not reflect the rest intervals. If i edit the workout and sync again later it imports the workout again so it looks like two swims, runs or bikes.

Does it do this for anyone else? I am using the taparik to sync

Once it is synced and you confirm the workout transferred to your Garmin Connect and BT, clear the workouts from your watch. I want to say that I was able to set mine to automatically delete after download, but I may be imagining that and actually delete them as second nature now.

It could also be that you are using tap a talk. I think that most do like me, which is set the watch / device to Bluetooth and do a Bluetooth download to the Garmin Connect App on the I-phone (I believe they have an App for Galaxy user as well). I think this would likely also fix your issue.
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » The Dominon - Beginner Focused Group - Closed Rss Feed  

of 22

RELATED POSTS

Beer Drinker Appreciation Society (BDAS)--OPEN Pages: 1 ... 73 74 75 76

Started by drfoodlove
Views: 41643 Posts: 1890

2018-07-17 6:28 PM Qua17

Gray Guys/Girls Maturing Triathlete Mentor Group Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31

Started by k9car363
Views: 38821 Posts: 762

2017-12-31 8:50 PM k9car363

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group (Open)

Started by Baowolf
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 1:30 AM Baowolf

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group

Started by Baowolf
Views: 26 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 12:48 AM Baowolf

Playmobil31's Group - Open

Started by playmobil31
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2011-12-18 3:37 PM playmobil31
RELATED ARTICLES
date : April 29, 2016
author : CoachSarah
comments : 3
Learn how to prepare and avoid the cold water freak-out

date : March 12, 2014
author : TeamMPI
comments : 1
The majority of new triathletes see the open water swim as their biggest stumbling block. Here are four steps to help you have a better swim experience in your first (or next) triathlon.
date : June 14, 2012
author : IndoIronYanti
comments : 4
MAPS is Meditation, Acclimatization, Practice, and Strategy, which are key for giving you the confidence and skills to execute the open-water swim in a triathlon well.

date : September 15, 2011
comments : 0
Don't be scared for the swim! Gain more confidence for your open water swims with these tips
date : June 14, 2010
author : Oakley
In this Oakley Armchair Session, British triathlete Tim Don talks about a few tips to prepare you for your open water swim.

date : June 11, 2008
author : Team BT
comments : 2
Are you about to race your first triathlon? Here are two great tips on swimming your first open water triathlon race.
date : November 27, 2005
author : Rich Strauss
Tri clubs offer all of us, from beginner to advanced athlete, a venue in which we can realign our perspective of what “fast” and “far” are, pushing us to new and greater heights of performance.

date : June 14, 2005
author : marmadaddy
comments : 17
Once you caught your breath, it occurred to you that finishing even a short triathlon might be harder than you thought. After a few "laps" you thought, "I can't believe I'm so out of shape."