Other Resources 2017 Beginner Triathlete Mentor Program » The Dominon - Beginner Focused Group - Closed Rss Feed  
Moderators: Ron Reply
Show Per page

of 19

2017-06-26 6:58 AM
in reply to: nrpoulin

User image

North Grafton, Massachusetts
Subject: RE: The Call of Shame!
Originally posted by nrpoulin

Saw your bike on Garmin and I was like damn way to go man. Don't know how today was up north but it was hot as F*** here even though overcast. Did you take enough water? lytes? Thats around 3 hours of working out. I have to admit I laughed when reading "double whammy hammy".

By the way if don't be to hard on your swim. I think garmin had your pace at 1:36 or something. That is hauling. You built the speed up now you just got to work on sighting. Seems like a damn good race when you look at paces 1:36, 19.2, and 8:13. Just sayin

Where are you going in NH? We are heading up for our August trip at the end of July. This year I gonna stay the whole two weeks with the family.

Nate

Temps weren't too bad. Started in the low to mid 70s when I left the house, but were right around 80 when I bombed. I think I took in enough water. I had 3 bottles with me, each one about 24 oz and I had finished just about all of them. Two bottles were more carbs, but with some electrolytes, and one bottle was all electrolytes. I think the 9 day layoff plus the fact that my diet was pretty bad while we were on vacation and I only had a very small breakfast before going out all contributed.

I did see that pace, but it seems a little dubious even with me wearing the wetsuit. If anything, just the simple fact that I completely stopped at least 3 times to get water out of my goggles makes me wonder. But yeah, if that pace is correct, it would be an awesome pace! And, yes, I'm very happy with my bike and run paces. I'm probably most proud of that for the fact that I put the bad swim behind me and focused on what was left of the race. I've seen firsthand how people (friends) have let a bad swim ruin the rest of their race. So I was proud of myself for letting it go and performing my best for the rest of the race. And especially given the rainy, cool conditions. There was still a lot of positive from that race.

We just got back on Saturday from 6 days up in North Conway. We hit a lot of the hot spots, opting for Santa's Village over Storyland this year. I was thinking about you when we were there because we were at Echo Lake, but not the one where you had a tri a year or two ago. I had brought my swim gear to do a workout since the lake is about 1/4 mile wide, but in the end I spent time catching pollywogs and swimming with the kids.

Two weeks sounds fantastic! Our vacation was over far too quickly. Where are you staying? Got any good plans?

R.

New Thread
Other Resources 2017 Beginner Triathlete Mentor Program » The Dominon - Beginner Focused Group - Closed Rss Feed  
Show Per page

of 19

RELATED POSTS

Beer Drinker Appreciation Society (BDAS)--OPEN Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53

Started by drfoodlove
Views: 14555 Posts: 1318

2017-06-25 10:27 PM Tavo2311

Gray Guys/Girls Maturing Triathlete Mentor Group Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23

Started by k9car363
Views: 13500 Posts: 574

2017-06-26 9:09 AM Juliecl

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group (Open)

Started by Baowolf
Views: 64 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 1:30 AM Baowolf

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group

Started by Baowolf
Views: 23 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 12:48 AM Baowolf

Playmobil31's Group - Open

Started by playmobil31
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2011-12-18 3:37 PM playmobil31
RELATED ARTICLES
date : April 29, 2016
author : CoachSarah
comments : 3
Learn how to prepare and avoid the cold water freak-out

date : March 12, 2014
author : TeamMPI
comments : 1
The majority of new triathletes see the open water swim as their biggest stumbling block. Here are four steps to help you have a better swim experience in your first (or next) triathlon.
date : June 14, 2012
author : IndoIronYanti
comments : 4
MAPS is Meditation, Acclimatization, Practice, and Strategy, which are key for giving you the confidence and skills to execute the open-water swim in a triathlon well.

date : September 15, 2011
comments : 0
Don't be scared for the swim! Gain more confidence for your open water swims with these tips
date : June 14, 2010
author : Oakley
In this Oakley Armchair Session, British triathlete Tim Don talks about a few tips to prepare you for your open water swim.

date : June 11, 2008
author : Team BT
comments : 2
Are you about to race your first triathlon? Here are two great tips on swimming your first open water triathlon race.
date : November 27, 2005
author : Rich Strauss
Tri clubs offer all of us, from beginner to advanced athlete, a venue in which we can realign our perspective of what “fast” and “far” are, pushing us to new and greater heights of performance.

date : June 14, 2005
author : marmadaddy
comments : 17
Once you caught your breath, it occurred to you that finishing even a short triathlon might be harder than you thought. After a few "laps" you thought, "I can't believe I'm so out of shape."