Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Weight Rant Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply
2016-12-29 9:59 AM

User image

Subject: Weight Rant
So, bit of backstory before I go off on myself. In July of 2015, I weighed 310 pounds. Long story short, I joined my Anytime Fitness, cut all the bad food out cold turkey. I started lifting, then I started running. In March of 2016 I weighed 210 pounds. I did it in a sustainable fashion and intelligently. In October, I ran a half marathon, ran it 15 minutes faster than my goal. Yay me.

That was 2 months ago. I'm up 20 pounds and the clothes I loved don't fit right anymore. It's my own fault I know. I'm not posting just for sympathy. More to have a place to publicly berate myself. I can't believe I let this happen. But it won't last. Tomorrow it's done. Tomorrow I'm back to where I need to be. It's not just the weight. I've felt a decrease in energy, I've gotten sick(colds) a few times in 2 months(didn't have that the entire time I was on plan). My workouts have been lackluster, uninspired and unstructured. This is where I kick myself in the @$$. Sorry to bother you with all the "poor me" mumbo jumbo. I just know that if I say it publicly, I have a better chance at correcting this.

2016-12-29 2:13 PM
in reply to: joshwennes

User image

Pennsylvania
Subject: RE: Weight Rant

Kudos to you on the weight loss, wow!  Find that same determination and discipline you used to lose the weight before and no doubt you'll be back in your favorite clothes and feeling great again.  Public declarations can be useful for keeping ourselves accountable.  Now get to it!

2016-12-29 2:28 PM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Thank you melbo55!
2016-12-29 10:17 PM

Veteran
Rutland Ohio (South Eastern Ohio)
There is no benefit in beating yourself up on the recent weight gain. The only benefit of the past is to learn from it to make today better. Just focus on what you can do today.
2017-01-17 8:10 PM
in reply to: clightle

User image

Bronze member

How's it going? Keep working towards your goal!

2017-01-18 7:09 AM

User image

Temperance, Michigan
First off congrats on Losing that weight And smashing your goal by 15 minutes. When I get stuck in a rut I always sign up for a few races to keep me on track and something to work towards. Good luck and cheers to a healthy/fit 2017!

2017-01-18 8:30 AM
in reply to: Bocrunning

User image

Hey gang! Thanks for the support! It's going alright. The nutrition is taking longer to get back to where it should be. I ruined a lot of progress in that department. It's surprising how just a couple of months can affect things like hunger level and taste buds! I dunno how many of you out there are into motivational stuff, but I sure am. I'll leave you with one that has been at the core of my efforts lately.

"I WILL make it. Maybe not immediately, but ABSOLUTELY and DEFINITELY."
2017-01-18 9:04 PM

User image

Bronze member

I've been trying just to clean up my eating habits and focus on eating better to fuel my workouts. I don't need to lose weight and I don't typically weigh myself at all but I thought I would try to pay attention because my husband got me a Fitbit for Christmas. I weighed myself every day last week and focused on clean eating, worked out every single day. One day I woke up and gained 3 pounds overnight. The next day I gained another half of a pound. I was like what the heck? The scale lies! I waited a day, weighed myself again and all of the sudden LOST 3.5 pounds overnight. HA. After that I decided to go back to forgetting about weighing myself and just focus on clean, healthy eating but it made me think about how hard the journey to lose weight really is!

I have a couple of cookbooks I am using - Real Fit Kitchen and Rocket Fuel. Interesting info and recipes about what to eat before, during and after workouts if that sort of thing interests you. 

2017-01-18 9:31 PM

User image

Amazing weight drop.

For me, I slacked off when I didn't have a race or goal to train for.

Do you have another race on the schedule? Maybe one that scares you a little (which should translate into working out more)?
2017-01-18 9:33 PM
in reply to: trigal38

User image

Originally posted by trigal38

I've been trying just to clean up my eating habits and focus on eating better to fuel my workouts. I don't need to lose weight and I don't typically weigh myself at all but I thought I would try to pay attention because my husband got me a Fitbit for Christmas. I weighed myself every day last week and focused on clean eating, worked out every single day. One day I woke up and gained 3 pounds overnight. The next day I gained another half of a pound. I was like what the heck? The scale lies! I waited a day, weighed myself again and all of the sudden LOST 3.5 pounds overnight. HA. After that I decided to go back to forgetting about weighing myself and just focus on clean, healthy eating but it made me think about how hard the journey to lose weight really is!

I have a couple of cookbooks I am using - Real Fit Kitchen and Rocket Fuel. Interesting info and recipes about what to eat before, during and after workouts if that sort of thing interests you. 

I have noticed the same thing with my scale. Even bought another one as I had the same weight down to the tenth of a pound 3 mornings in a row (which I can not imagine is possible). I find that my weight comes off after I get some inertia going with multiple hard workout days.
2017-01-20 4:58 PM
in reply to: scottficek

User image

Originally posted by scottficek

Amazing weight drop.

For me, I slacked off when I didn't have a race or goal to train for.

Do you have another race on the schedule? Maybe one that scares you a little (which should translate into working out more)?

Well I'm targeting two tris, one sprint and maybe an olympic(or sprint). I've never done a tri before so that's my focus right now. Food is the key for me. It's about getting past myself and correcting the habits.

2017-02-06 11:21 AM

User image

Champion
Williamston, Michigan

Originally posted by joshwennes
Originally posted by scottficek Amazing weight drop. For me, I slacked off when I didn't have a race or goal to train for. Do you have another race on the schedule? Maybe one that scares you a little (which should translate into working out more)?
Well I'm targeting two tris, one sprint and maybe an olympic(or sprint). I've never done a tri before so that's my focus right now. Food is the key for me. It's about getting past myself and correcting the habits.

WOW awesome job!!  Loosing 100# is no joke!  That is amazing.  Congrats on signing up for a tri.  Welcome to the addiction   There are some good free training plans on the site.  I try to make my work meals in advance so that helps keep on track.  If you have something healthy with you then its ewasier to resist the workplace pizza!!!  You probably know this already tho   COngrats again

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Weight Rant Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Rant rant

Started by Opus
Views: 976 Posts: 16

2008-02-14 10:22 AM Renee

Rant, Rant, RANT... Pages: 1 2

Started by BodyCheck
Views: 1975 Posts: 40

2007-05-24 8:38 AM Scout7

Mom's weight loss plan (rant)

Started by gustums
Views: 1230 Posts: 2

2003-08-13 9:00 AM Ron

Co-Workers and Carbs (rant)

Started by GAbee
Views: 1953 Posts: 21

2010-05-13 1:30 PM Apotheosis

ruffles have ripples (rant)

Started by Ron
Views: 1179 Posts: 4

2003-08-07 7:19 PM Ron
RELATED ARTICLES
date : December 16, 2015
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 1
Fuel sensibly and avoid undermining your fitness for weight loss

date : August 26, 2011
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 1
Research provides insight into struggles with shedding weight while training.
date : March 21, 2007
author : acbadger
comments : 2
Interval training for weight loss. Weight training for weight loss. These interval workouts can be done in 15 to 20 minutes and have huge caloric expenditures for those who are crunched for time.

date : June 22, 2006
author : Team BT
comments : 0
Seated Biceps Curl - Dumbbell strength exercise instruction with picture and video.
date : June 21, 2006
Standing Calf Raises strength exercise instruction with picture and video.

Standing Lunges strength exercise instruction with picture and video.
Leg Extension-Machine strength exercise instruction with picture and video.

date : February 13, 2005
author : JeremyLikness
comments : 9
Losing fat is not difficult. So why does this continue to be an elusive goal for so many people, who “struggle” just to lose a few inches?