Other Resources The Political Joe » Jobs Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2017-01-03 12:14 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama
Subject: Jobs
"Ford cancels plan for $1.6 billion plant in Mexico after Trump criticism"

Can't wait to see how the media spins this one.

People are already claiming Trump had nothing to do with it. Really? How do you know. No one....and I mean no one, except the very top dawgs at Ford know what influenced their decisions. Doesn't matter what Ford says publically or what Trump says and what the media talking heads say.

The ONLY thing that really matters is what BT has to say!

So, my thinking is.....a huge decision like this is months (or years) in the making and there are 1,001 variables and considerations....not the least of which is risk.....and taxes. Ford is looking at 8 years of Trump sticking it to the Mexican plant every chance he gets if they move jobs south of the border. Will Trump be successful in taxing the Ford imports? Probably!! He has the bully pulpit (Twitter) of the WH and all he has to do is start Tweeting about which congressmen are "opposing the tax on imports that cost American their jobs" and the phone lines of the Congress light up. Ford doesn't need this sort of grief.

Foithamoire.....this 15% on Ford/Mexico imports will be used to fund the wall.....in other words, helping to make Mexico pay for the wall.

Headline from Dec 8: Trump Considering Ex-Ford CEO Alan Mulally for Secretary of State

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-ford-ceo-alan-mulally-secretar...

Trump is pulling in his markers......

2017-01-03 3:14 PM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Deep in the Heart of Texas
Subject: RE: Jobs

If you give Obama credit for Ford's 28000 job increase over the past 5 years, I assume Trump should get credit for these 700.  Is Trump going to let Ford off of the hook for the other 8800 jobs Ford has in Mexico?

2017-01-03 5:22 PM
in reply to: Hook'em

User image

Champion
Alabama
Subject: RE: Jobs
Originally posted by Hook'em

If you give Obama credit for Ford's 28000 job increase over the past 5 years, I assume Trump should get credit for these 700.  Is Trump going to let Ford off of the hook for the other 8800 jobs Ford has in Mexico?

Those were mostly rehired from the 2008 recession.....about 10% of Fords total.

1.6 BILLION dollar plant will employ thousands in good paying jobs for the next 20+ years and countless thousands of support jobs at suppliers and services and local grocery stores and fast food places.
New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Jobs Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Education jobs vs enrollment

Started by JoshR
Views: 1193 Posts: 11

2014-01-30 10:24 PM tuwood

Creative job pay under obamacare

Started by Stuartap
Views: 1061 Posts: 4

2013-12-30 2:56 PM chayes
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 14, 2011
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 0
Scott Tinley on working to play, or playing at work.

date : September 3, 2005
author : bflrich
You’re probably not going to get it just right immediately. Like always, just do the best you can and keep on keeping on. Don’t get upset if you don’t hit the target every time.
date : January 24, 2005
author : Michael
I heard an athletic trainer say that in life we have many setbacks. The key is to overcome these setbacks, but the question is how?