Other Resources The Political Joe » The press and the new administration Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 4

2017-01-25 6:13 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Champion
Alabama
Subject: RE: The press and the new administration
Watched the nightly news and for every story the reported on about Trump the had a negative spin on it. They used campaign footage and spun that to twist the story. The found an immigrant that was brought here at 3 years old and acted like he was the target of Trumps executive order agains illegal who commit crimes be deported. They asked this teen kid if he was scared.

My only hope is enough people see thru the BS the media is spinnning. It is very obvious.

2017-01-25 6:43 PM
in reply to: #5211005

User image

Deep in the Heart of Texas
There is a difference between not allowing government employees speaking on behalf of the agency and not allowing the agency to speak.
2017-01-25 8:11 PM
in reply to: Hook'em

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by Hook'em

There is a difference between not allowing government employees speaking on behalf of the agency and not allowing the agency to speak.

The agency serves at the pleasure of the president. He has but a temporary gag order until his people get in place.
2017-01-25 9:28 PM
in reply to: dmiller5

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by dmiller5

Originally posted by tuwood

Originally posted by Stacers

Originally posted by spudone

Well back on that topic:

https://twitter.com/altnatparkser

I've been following that all day - those guys are my new favorite people. Ha!

It's entertaining, but I'm not sure what they think they're going to make happen by being disrespectful to the POTUS.  They might as well be wearing vagina costumes and walking on the streets because that's about how much good it will do.  
There's an old saying about shooting yourself in the foot.  You have an administration that essentially wants to eliminate your entire department, so convincing them to do so isn't the smartest thing in the world.  Just saying.  

***edit***  disregard, I thought that was a legit national parks twitter.  OK, it's just funny then.  

ARE YOU EFFING KIDDING ME.  POTUS is trying to destroy our environment.  We will fight him everywhere.

Like I said, it's a religion for you.  You are so deep in this religion that you're seriously losing your mind that anyone would dare challenge your beliefs.  If you're so afraid of scientists with opposing viewpoints working in these scientific agencies then I'm going to say that your fear is not based in reality and it's most certainly not based in science.

2017-01-25 9:29 PM
in reply to: Stacers

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by mdg2003 Let's get scientists working on solutions rather than more research on climate change. Since the consensus is unanimous, why do they need more research dollars to prove it some more? Find viable solutions to the problem instead of pointing fingers at big oil. It's time for some problem solving, not more whining.

They ARE researching solutions. They're researching effective technologies to capture CO2 or reduce CO2 emissions, because current controls are very expensive. And all of those grants and funding just went poof, overnight. Being on the cutting edge of this and renewable energy would position the US well into the future, cutting research hurts us in the long run. 

I also don't really get why everyone seems to think the EPA is only in the climate control business. They do everything from ensure that we are drinking clean water, to making sure cars and other industries are not polluting. My state released a statement last night that they're trying to get to the bottom of this baffling order because it is affecting the state department of health's ability to do their every day operations insuring clean water. I'm horrified that our president doesn't seem to be able to grasp the complexity of the organization, and seems to be saying, "eh, climate change, shut it down!"

Agree, they most definitely do a lot more than climate science:

2017-01-25 11:59 PM
in reply to: tuwood

Master
, California

I would normally probably laugh at that except after what happened in Flint.

2017-01-26 8:47 AM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Expert
Floriduh
Originally posted by Rogillio

Watched the nightly news and for every story the reported on about Trump the had a negative spin on it. They used campaign footage and spun that to twist the story. The found an immigrant that was brought here at 3 years old and acted like he was the target of Trumps executive order agains illegal who commit crimes be deported. They asked this teen kid if he was scared.

My only hope is enough people see thru the BS the media is spinnning. It is very obvious.

What do you want? Trump comes out every night and accuses the press of being the most dishonest people on the planet and you expect them to kiss his arse? He needs to stop saying stupid things (such as the 3M-5M illegal votes, etc) and just keep to doing the things he got elected on. While there is a lot to dislike there, he did campaign on these issues and won. Don't give the press the stupid stuff to report on and the coverage will get more real. Just remember, some of Trump's policies are not majority public opinion (building the stupid wall), expect some push back.
2017-01-26 9:20 AM
in reply to: Oysterboy

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by Oysterboy
Originally posted by Rogillio Watched the nightly news and for every story the reported on about Trump the had a negative spin on it. They used campaign footage and spun that to twist the story. The found an immigrant that was brought here at 3 years old and acted like he was the target of Trumps executive order agains illegal who commit crimes be deported. They asked this teen kid if he was scared. My only hope is enough people see thru the BS the media is spinnning. It is very obvious.
What do you want? Trump comes out every night and accuses the press of being the most dishonest people on the planet and you expect them to kiss his arse? He needs to stop saying stupid things (such as the 3M-5M illegal votes, etc) and just keep to doing the things he got elected on. While there is a lot to dislike there, he did campaign on these issues and won. Don't give the press the stupid stuff to report on and the coverage will get more real. Just remember, some of Trump's policies are not majority public opinion (building the stupid wall), expect some push back.

He's playing 4D chess.  It was just a few weeks ago that the press was going on and on about how he wasn't elected legitimately and that we were hacked.  Now they're doing everything they can to defend the integrity of the election and saying there's no possible way there could be illegal votes.  It's so brilliant, it's downright hilarious.  Not to mention it's a great segue into a federal voter ID law.  I mean, if there aren't any citizens who aren't voting then what's the issue right.

If the press would stop lying then he wouldn't have to attack them.  If you recall this is exactly how he won the election.  He picked one opponent at a time and pointed out a truthful flaw in them and hit it over and over and people started to see the truth.  If the press has integrity and doesn't lie then his attacks are meaningless.  Unfortunately, we all know they do so it will be very effective.

2017-01-26 9:24 AM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

On another humorous note, the opposition twitter from the National Parks Service is fake.  It's from the UK.  lol

https://twitter.com/cassandrarules/status/824454622496587776

2017-01-26 10:06 AM

User image

Expert
Floriduh
Originally posted by tuwood He's playing 4D chess.

You are giving this guy waaaay to much credit.
2017-01-26 10:44 AM
in reply to: Oysterboy

User image

Champion
Alabama
MSNBC teaser line: Trump brings back torture.

Uh....will not exactly. The then showed some campaign clips of him talking about enhanced interrogation techniques. They showed part of an interview where he said if the general wanted it he would work towards that end doing what is within the law. The did not show the part where he said he talked to Gen Mad Dog about torture and he said he would rather use a six pack of beer and carton of cigarettes. Nope, the made it sound as if we were going to start waterboarding children tomorrow......

2017-01-26 10:46 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro

Originally posted by Rogillio MSNBC teaser line: Trump brings back torture. Uh....will not exactly. The then showed some campaign clips of him talking about enhanced interrogation techniques. They showed part of an interview where he said if the general wanted it he would work towards that end doing what is within the law. The did not show the part where he said he talked to Gen Mad Dog about torture and he said he would rather use a six pack of beer and carton of cigarettes. Nope, the made it sound as if we were going to start waterboarding children tomorrow......

I have two I will volunteer as test cases.  It's actually perfect since they are indentical.  They can waterboard one and not the other.....so there is a control in the experiment.  That way nobody can say he doesn't believe in science.

Edited by Left Brain 2017-01-26 10:48 AM
2017-01-26 10:47 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

Originally posted by Rogillio Watched the nightly news and for every story the reported on about Trump the had a negative spin on it. They used campaign footage and spun that to twist the story. The found an immigrant that was brought here at 3 years old and acted like he was the target of Trumps executive order agains illegal who commit crimes be deported. They asked this teen kid if he was scared. My only hope is enough people see thru the BS the media is spinnning. It is very obvious.

He's playing 4D chess.  It was just a few weeks ago that the press was going on and on about how he wasn't elected legitimately and that we were hacked.  Now they're doing everything they can to defend the integrity of the election and saying there's no possible way there could be illegal votes.  It's so brilliant, it's downright hilarious.  Not to mention it's a great segue into a federal voter ID law.  I mean, if there aren't any citizens who aren't voting then what's the issue right.

If the press would stop lying then he wouldn't have to attack them.  If you recall this is exactly how he won the election.  He picked one opponent at a time and pointed out a truthful flaw in them and hit it over and over and people started to see the truth.  If the press has integrity and doesn't lie then his attacks are meaningless.  Unfortunately, we all know they do so it will be very effective.

the bolded is how censorship and dictatorship start in civilized countries.

2017-01-26 10:54 AM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Freedom of press does not give them the freedom to lie.  However, I do agree with you that a dishonest press is a foundational cornerstone of a dictatorship so I'm very thankful Trump is putting a stop to it. 

2017-01-26 10:55 AM

User image

Pro

That's a bit over the top.  Hell, even CNN this morning said that trump is doing exactly what he said he would do......and that's what he was elected to do.  Things are not going to go the liberal way the next 4 years, the same as they did not go the conservative way the last 8 years. We all survived.....and you will survive this, as soon as you realize this is the way it's going to be.  The liberals lost the election, and the conservatives now control all branches of govt (that was not an accident).....everybody needs to get over it. You don't always get your way.  Life rolls on.

Edited by Left Brain 2017-01-26 10:56 AM
2017-01-26 10:59 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

The government should not be "attacking" the free press in this country.

2017-01-26 11:05 AM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Did you feel the same way when Obama attacked conservative press?

Having a press credential doesn't give anyone the ability to lie and manipulate public opinion to further their own personal and corporate agenda.

2017-01-26 11:51 AM

User image

Expert
Evergreen, Colorado
Bronze member

Having a press credential doesn't give anyone the ability to lie and manipulate public opinion to further their own personal and corporate agenda.

There's a big difference between disagreeing with the press, and outright banning the press from reporting on governmental functions. Today, a group of high level state department workers stepped down. A friend of mine who works at the state department who couldn't comment further says the only media allowed broadcasted at Langley headquarters right now is "The Weather Channel". No outside news sources. 

I'm going to keep repeating it, but this administration is working very hard to keep the people from knowing what is going on. And that's not a good thing.

2017-01-26 12:29 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

There's a big difference between disagreeing with the press, and outright banning the press from reporting on governmental functions. Today, a group of high level state department workers stepped down. A friend of mine who works at the state department who couldn't comment further says the only media allowed broadcasted at Langley headquarters right now is "The Weather Channel". No outside news sources. 

I'm going to keep repeating it, but this administration is working very hard to keep the people from knowing what is going on. And that's not a good thing.

I think you have it backwards.  It's not the administrations job to keep anyone informed, it's the presses job to find out what's going on and report it.  
Obama kept everybody in the dark by having a sycophantic press who just asked him about how his golf game was going for 8 years.  

Would you rather have a press that actually works sources and investigates or one that parrots what an administration feeds it?

2017-01-26 12:41 PM

User image

Expert
Evergreen, Colorado
Bronze member

I think you have it backwards.  It's not the administrations job to keep anyone informed, it's the presses job to find out what's going on and report it.  
Obama kept everybody in the dark by having a sycophantic press who just asked him about how his golf game was going for 8 years.  

Would you rather have a press that actually works sources and investigates or one that parrots what an administration feeds it?

So, you're saying the government should operate without transparency, and the press have to sneak around to procure information about what is going on and report it to we the people, taxpayers? Super efficient. Why didn't I think of that!? 

2017-01-26 12:43 PM

Master
, California

Everyone should step back from their partisan perches and remember why more than 1 party is a good thing.  Whether that's a 2-major party system like the USA or some of the European parliamentary systems with lots of players.

You can disagree with what the other guy is saying without trying to snuff out his existence.  Because once that line starts getting crossed, you end up with something like China, Russia or more recently, Turkey.

2017-01-26 12:48 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

So, you're saying the government should operate without transparency, and the press have to sneak around to procure information about what is going on and report it to we the people, taxpayers? Super efficient. Why didn't I think of that!? 

I guess what I'm more trying to say is the whole dog and pony show of the press conferences have been a joke for a long time.  It's been all spin for the last 8 years and I expect nothing more or less from the Trump administration.

The real journalism happens out in the trenches and they've gotten lazy over the years because the party they "like" has been in power. 

2017-01-26 3:18 PM
in reply to: spudone

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by spudone

Everyone should step back from their partisan perches and remember why more than 1 party is a good thing.  Whether that's a 2-major party system like the USA or some of the European parliamentary systems with lots of players.

You can disagree with what the other guy is saying without trying to snuff out his existence.  Because once that line starts getting crossed, you end up with something like China, Russia or more recently, Turkey.

What I find fascinating is how you can group the way people think into basically two groups and for the most part they agree with the stuff that group believes.

That was awkwardly stated.....let me try again.

Liberal - pro abortion, oppose capital punishment

Conservative - oppose abortion, pro capital punishment

Of course there are a few that oppose abortion and oppose capitol punishment and those that are pro abortion and pro capitol punishment but those two small groups pale in comparison to the former two groups.

2017-01-26 3:39 PM

User image

Pro

What is it you don't know?  A new administration is in and most of the old guard will be told their services are no longer needed. That's just business as usual.  ll are allowed to resign, but basically they get fired.  I've been watching the news for the last week and I feel like I'm pretty well informed on what's going on.  i don't care at all about the opinions of the people who are leaving.....it's really not even news.  New guard in, old guard out.  I promise you everyone in the old guard expects it......because that's how it always goes.  If you are asked to stay on, like Comey, you're just lucky.

This stuff at the State Department is NOT news.....you know how I know?  Because not a single news organization is interested....THAT'S why there are no news outlets at Langley.  The news will come when the new folks are installed.

Admittedly, I'm having a hard time with this idea that the new guy needs to capitulate to the people who rail against him every day, and didn't vote for him.  NO!  The liberals lost the election......LOST.  When did this country get full of people who can't stand to not get their way.....and think by stamping their feet everyone will come around to their way of thinking?  NO!  It doesn't work that way.  The only thing I can figure is that nobody paid attention the last 8 years because their guy won.......IT WAS THE SAME!!!!  President Obama brought his people in and got rid of Bush's people.  This is life.  Most of my conservative friends think I'm not conservative enough.....but I will be by the time this is over. LOL

Edited by Left Brain 2017-01-26 4:07 PM
2017-01-26 4:25 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Elon Musk gets it: "Simply attacking him will achieve nothing. Are you aware of a single case where Trump bowed to protests or media attacks?"

CNN is starting to get it:

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » The press and the new administration Rss Feed  

of 4

RELATED POSTS

AR15 Back in New York

Started by Aarondb4
Views: 592 Posts: 4

2014-02-11 11:39 AM powerman

EPA target of new bias investigation

Started by DanielG
Views: 816 Posts: 3

2013-06-05 10:04 AM chirunner134

If new rules from the "fiscal cliff fiasco" didn't go into affect until 1 Jan...

Started by jldicarlo
Views: 2306 Posts: 13

2013-04-27 8:44 AM GomesBolt
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 1, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 0
Here are five steps to ensure that you keep your promise to yourself to get you to that first triathlon.

date : July 26, 2006
author : Ron
comments : 1
How do you know if your strength training is effective? Are you getting stronger? Several training log graphs can lend a clue.
date : June 25, 2006
author : Team BT
Decline Bench Press - Dumbbell strength exercise instruction with picture and video.

Incline Bench Press-Barbell Medium Grip strength exercise instruction with picture and video.
Incline Bench Press-Barbell Wide Grip strength exercise instruction with picture and video.

Incline Bench Press - Dumbbell strength exercise instruction with picture and video.
date : June 24, 2006
Bench Press-Wide Grip strength exercise instruction with picture and video.

date : March 5, 2006
author : TH3_FRB
The goal is to get stronger while your swim, bike and run training schedule is relatively light and you can afford to hit the weights hard a couple times each week.