General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Whatcha Y'all Doing This Year? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2017-01-25 4:06 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Olathe, KS
Subject: Whatcha Y'all Doing This Year?

So it's 2017. What races does everyone have on their radar this year? It's the Kansas forum and we're all relatively familiar with each other but I also know there have to be at least few new KS BT'ers out there roaming around these parts and I'm curious to know what races people are at least thinking about for the year.

Myself? I'm going to try for my first spring marathon and my first 26.2 in five and a half years at Oklahoma City. I also thought about doing a new-to-me 70.3, but instead decided to keep supporting local races by doing the Legend Free State 70.3. Of course I may make my usual KC Tri, Tinman, and Cedar Creek appearance. What is everyone else thinking about?

Edited by Barkeep 2017-01-25 4:07 PM

2017-01-25 4:19 PM
in reply to: Barkeep

User image

Master
Overland Park, KS
Subject: RE: Whatcha Y'all Doing This Year?
I haven't signed up for squat so far this year. I will probably fork over the cash for KC Tri, will probably do Legend 70 and the "free" KC Corporate Challenge tri. Tinman is the day before so I might do the sprint there.

I wanted to do the Heritage Park Duathlon but HP3 is now only running, they've added a 15K so it's a 5/10/15K race event now.

I'm planning on AG Nationals in Omaha in August.

I'm considering an early 70.3 in May in St. George Utah as I've been offered a free place to stay.

The Shawnee Mission Tri is always in play as well.
2017-01-26 1:12 PM
in reply to: reecealan

User image

Veteran
Shawnee
Assuming I am able to run (which right now is not 100%):

- Kansas City Tri (signed up for)
- Legend "Black" (signed up for)
- Cedar Creek (assuming I can get free entry as I have in year's past)
- Ironman Chattanooga (signing up tonight...God willing...)
2017-02-01 9:32 AM
in reply to: Barkeep

User image

New user
Overland Park, KS
Mixing it up a little with a few odd events:

May: probably the KC Tri
June: Dirty Kanza "Half Pint": 100 mile gravel grinder
July: Beer Mile, probably putting together a relay this year
August: Legend Black: night time tri, not sure what that means, my kids think it isn't safe to swim after dark

Also plan to hit several of the local tris as well.
2017-02-01 12:13 PM
in reply to: mikec123

User image

Extreme Veteran
Olathe, KS

Originally posted by mikec123 Mixing it up a little with a few odd events: May: probably the KC Tri June: Dirty Kanza "Half Pint": 100 mile gravel grinder July: Beer Mile, probably putting together a relay this year August: Legend Black: night time tri, not sure what that means, my kids think it isn't safe to swim after dark Also plan to hit several of the local tris as well.

The Legend Black tri sounds like a good time. I may have to sign up for that early to let them know there is support for the new race. I'd hate to see it go the way of the off-road race they had planned @ Clinton a year or two ago - that ultimately got cancelled.

2017-02-06 5:35 AM
in reply to: #5211415

User image

Veteran
Nursing a knee issue so signed up for brew to brew relay and gods country off road du so far. May stick to sprints this year and try to keep running miles down. Prob legend sprint/oly distance then Tinman, Lake Q, Weatherby, Baldwin, maybe SM Park? Not really motivated to race at the moment but I assume spring will change some of that

2017-03-07 1:18 PM
in reply to: jlpete98

KC Tri relay, bike portion. I have no idea what I'm doing.
2017-03-07 7:41 PM
in reply to: #5212651

I'll probably do the KC tri, corporate challenge du, the Legend Ad Astra 70.3 as my A race and maybe some smaller sprints and olys between KC tri and September. Not much activity here on BT especially in the KS and MO groups.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Whatcha Y'all Doing This Year? Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Is anyone here doing the 70.3 in Alton next month?

Started by dprocket
Views: 781 Posts: 2

2014-09-17 9:29 AM IMHusker

It's the time of year for race reports!

Started by dprocket
Views: 1012 Posts: 9

2014-04-16 9:54 AM Jayhox

Fall Running Events - who is doing what?

Started by Ranski
Views: 1313 Posts: 12

2012-08-30 9:57 AM npenner02

Happy New Year!!!

Started by TriMan25
Views: 844 Posts: 2

2012-01-01 4:07 PM Corey07
RELATED ARTICLES
date : December 31, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 2
For most people, there is a story in how they came to the sport as beginners. Some of the most inspiring of those beginner tales begin with health scares.

date : April 28, 2011
author : fivecents
comments : 5
What my first sprint distance triathlon taught me about myself.
date : February 23, 2009
author : mat steinmetz
comments : 0
I will be 20 this summer and am planning on doing Ironman Montreal. This will be my first year of triathlon, can I do this and stay away from injuries?

date : August 17, 2007
author : scoli121
comments : 6
I quickly browsed an article in Men's Health that talked about doing a triathlon, and how it wasn't really that hard. With a "tsk!" I quickly turned the page while thinking, "Yeah, right!"
date : January 3, 2007
author : acbadger
Do you want to jump-start your New Year’s weight-loss resolution?? Then here is what it's time to do…TRAIN FOR A TRIATHLON!! Part I of a monthly series.

date : January 1, 2007
author : Nancy Clark
With the coming of the New Year, athletes commonly think about making nutrition resolutions. Good thing, given only 3 to 4% of Americans follow all of the established Dietary Guidelines.
date : January 29, 2006
author : Nancy Clark
To help implement your resolutions (or those of your friends and family members), I recommend the following books, most of which are written by nutrition experts: registered dietitians (RD).

date : March 21, 2005
author : Ontherun
Until last year an Ironman was just a dream. Now it has become a goal. I needed to start, but where?