General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » The Quarter Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2017-01-26 4:29 PM

Subject: The Quarter
Hi all,

I am Epper and I have planned to do the 1/4 Triathlon in 4 months from now. It began as a joke, but now I'm really going to participate. It will be a hard journey, but I'm determined to make it a nice race.

I have never done a Triathlon. My only history is in the swimming part. I played waterpolo for 10 years, but I stopped 1,5 years ago. But 1 km of swimming wasn't any effort for me then, so hope to pick this up soon.

Never ran more than 5km in my life, and my last 5km will be 12 years ago (I am 23 now). So that part will be interesting. As a dutch guy, I've been raised with a bike, but unfortunately never practiced it as a sport.

It's going to be an interesting journey, because I'm in a very bad shape, but I am starting with good spirit.

I will post my progress, training and other stories how it goed here!

First update: Oh, forgot to tell, I am quite the smoker, so I'm reducing my sigarettes to 3 a day the couple of weeks. I will stop from tomorrow/this weekend.

My official first training will start Sunday!

Cheers!

Epper

2017-01-27 7:40 AM
in reply to: Epper

User image

Melon Presser
Subject: RE: The Quarter

Hi Epper! Welcome to BT and triathlon.

Swimming is actually the most difficult for most people, so you have that going for you. It's much easier to pick up the bike (you're a Dutchie anyway ) and run. Run/walk is also good (run easy for a few minutes, walk one minute, so on).

I did Ironman Maastricht last year and absolutely loved it. So much fun.

Good luck with becoming a free breather--I still smoked well into my marathon/triathlon years but doing the sports really helped to give up the bad stuff and take more of the good stuff (oxygen) in.

2017-01-27 1:41 PM
in reply to: #5211615

Thanks for your reply! What do you think what my end time can be? Or is that pretty unpredictable?

I will start tomorrow with my first work-out! Will start with running.
2017-01-28 11:37 AM
in reply to: #5211708

Just did my first ever run! Ran and walked every one minute for 33 mins of total training.

Next thing: tomorrow a swim or cycling at a fitness.

Didn't smoke any sigarettes today! Yesterday 23:30 was my last one
2017-01-29 6:05 PM
in reply to: Epper

Good for you man. I started in triathlon at age 59, did my first sprint and did a half Ironman as my very next triathlon the next year. If I can do it at that age you can do it at 23. Congrats on taking charge of your health with this great choice!

Good luck and keep us posted.
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » The Quarter Rss Feed