Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2017-01-31 3:50 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Pro
Tejas
Subject: RE: Immigration Order
All I know is, my relatives were doing just fine until your relatives came over, started killing, passing diseases to and taking our land.

2017-01-31 6:12 PM
in reply to: mdg2003

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by mdg2003

All I know is, my relatives were doing just fine until your relatives came over, started killing, passing diseases to and taking our land.

Should have had a tougher immigration policy.
2017-01-31 6:13 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by Left Brain

What? I thought you liked fish?
2017-02-01 12:49 PM

User image

Champion
Chicago, Illinois
Originally posted by Left Brain

Chirunner -

We sure have!  The Sarma there is SO good.

South St. Louis has some fabulous ethnic neighborhoods down near there.  Dutchtown (German), Dogtown (Irish), The Hill (Italian), were all flourishing when I grew up here.  Over time, the neighborhoods began to decline, but many areas of them have been resurrected by the Bosnians who have settled here.  Many of those neighborhoods are full of homes that now have large smokehouses in the back yard where the Bosnians smoke goats.  That's an acquired taste for sure.....but man do they love to share!  On a weekend morning the entire neighborhood can look like it's fogged in from the smoke.

I only had the chevapi and it was very good. First time I ever had it. After that we found couple local chevapi in the chicagoland area that were really good too.

I guess the owners of that place are from next town over from where my child's mother used to live in Bosnia.
2017-02-01 5:58 PM

User image

Expert
Floriduh
I think the EO is missing a huge point: Per what is happening in Western Europe I think we have as much to fear from radicalized European-born immigrants than we have to fear from a handful of Syrians we have vetted with a fine tooth comb. The Europeans don't need a visa.

I *hope* the Trump admin learned an important lesson in drafting EO, words do matter. Wordsmithing is important.
2017-02-02 1:09 PM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Pro
Tejas
Originally posted by Rogillio

We did. All the smart scientists of the time held a general consensus that the earth was flat. The fear of driving your ship off the planet was our beautiful wall.

2017-02-02 4:58 PM
in reply to: mdg2003

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

Originally posted by mdg2003 All I know is, my relatives were doing just fine until your relatives came over, started killing, passing diseases to and taking our land.
We did. All the smart scientists of the time held a general consensus that the earth was flat. The fear of driving your ship off the planet was our beautiful wall.

actually they've pretty much known the earth was round since the middle ages, but the church was suppressing information to keep the populace ignorant.

2017-02-02 5:07 PM
in reply to: dmiller5

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by dmiller5

Originally posted by mdg2003 All I know is, my relatives were doing just fine until your relatives came over, started killing, passing diseases to and taking our land.

actually they've pretty much known the earth was round since the middle ages, but the church was suppressing information to keep the populace ignorant.

Wait, what?  You're saying it's not flat?  ;-

I have an honest to god friend who still believes it's flat.  He's posting flat earth propaganda on FB almost every day.  I'm so stunned I don't even know what to say, and that never happens with me.  lol

2017-02-02 7:55 PM

User image

Pro
Tejas

I do appreciate knowing that my 'dig' didn't go unnoticed!
2017-02-06 8:35 PM

User image

Pro

Dude - I spent a few days hunting in Texas this past week/weekend and then we had to deliver a hunting dog to Kansas, via the Texas and Oklahoma panhandles, on our way home.

Get over it, the Earth is flat.....saw it with my own eyes.  No science needed.....FLAT AS HELL!!!

2017-02-06 10:17 PM
in reply to: Oysterboy

Master
, California

Originally posted by Oysterboy I think the EO is missing a huge point: Per what is happening in Western Europe I think we have as much to fear from radicalized European-born immigrants than we have to fear from a handful of Syrians we have vetted with a fine tooth comb. The Europeans don't need a visa. I *hope* the Trump admin learned an important lesson in drafting EO, words do matter. Wordsmithing is important.

As someone living in the northwest, I can tell you that all a bad guy would have to do is enter *Canada* and hike across our northern border far from a checkpoint.  Or are we going to build a wall up there too?   The immigration order is for show and mainly just impacts legitimate entrants.

2017-02-07 5:35 AM
in reply to: spudone

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by spudone

Originally posted by Oysterboy I think the EO is missing a huge point: Per what is happening in Western Europe I think we have as much to fear from radicalized European-born immigrants than we have to fear from a handful of Syrians we have vetted with a fine tooth comb. The Europeans don't need a visa. I *hope* the Trump admin learned an important lesson in drafting EO, words do matter. Wordsmithing is important.

As someone living in the northwest, I can tell you that all a bad guy would have to do is enter *Canada* and hike across our northern border far from a checkpoint.  Or are we going to build a wall up there too?   The immigration order is for show and mainly just impacts legitimate entrants.

Have you tried getting into Canada?  I have a misdemeanor from 2006 and they won't let me in for any reason.  I am banned from their country.  Lol

2017-02-07 5:40 AM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

The bigger issue that everyone is missing.  We need to stop jacking up these countries so that they have refugees trying to flee elsewhere. 

Obama and the media has spun Syria into some noble cause but WE were financially and militarily supporting the "rebels" who were trying to overthrow the regime.  Yes Assad isn't a nice guy, but the rebels we were supporting are far worse.  There's nothing more sickening to me than seeing US weapons used by ISIS in videos executing innocent people.

When the rebels were wiped out in Aleppo there was celebration among the locals and we of course saw none of it on the media.  

2017-02-07 8:44 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama

You are right about people knowing the earth was round. It is a myth that people thought the earth was flat. The flat earth myth was started by the protestants to impugn the Catholics. I see no evidence the church wanted to keep people ignorant. The fact is, there was not such thing as public educations and the RC church provided the only education system at the time.

But the debate continues:

Bobby told Lucy, "The world ain't round...
Drops off sharp at the edge of town
Lucy, you know the world must be flat
'Cause when people leave town, they never come back"
2017-02-10 2:26 PM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

What do you guys think the split would be on the 9th Circuit appeal with the Supreme court now at 8 members?  I think there's no doubt it would be 5/4 at a minimum with the new dude, but curious if you think they would use the law or just be political with the 8.

btw, there's no question for anybody that what Trump did was legal and constitutional.  All of the wining decisions are based on feelings of the judges that they don't think it was the right thing to do.  /facepalm. 

2017-02-10 3:54 PM
in reply to: 0

Master
, California

btw, there's no question for anybody that what Trump did was legal and constitutional.  All of the wining decisions are based on feelings of the judges that they don't think it was the right thing to do.  /facepalm.

There's exactly that question otherwise it wouldn't be in court.

And did you read any of the decisions?

The Seattle district court judge who originally ruled was nominated by George W. Bush.

The 9th circuit (3 judge panel) ruled unanimously.  And that included Judge Clifton - also appointed by George W. Bush.  Is it too much for you to believe that these judges actually know the law?

And I suspect the Supreme Court, if they take the case at all, will not be evenly divided.

Edited by spudone 2017-02-10 3:55 PM

2017-02-10 3:58 PM
in reply to: spudone

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by spudone

There's exactly that question otherwise it wouldn't be in court.

And did you read any of the decisions?

The Seattle district court judge who originally ruled was nominated by George W. Bush.

The 9th circuit (3 judge panel) ruled unanimously.  And that included Judge Clifton - also appointed by George W. Bush.

And I suspect the Supreme Court, if they take the case at all, will not be evenly divided.

Yes, I did read the opinions and they're quite entertaining.  The original judge affirmed that his order was legal and constitutional in the opinion, but essentially said he didn't feel it was necessary so he ruled on behalf of the plaintiff.  He flat out admitted that the president has the discretion to determine who he wants to block, but felt he as a left coast judge had more knowledge and information on the issue so therefore overruled the president. 

The 9th Circuit has 90% of it's opinions overruled by the supreme court, so it's not saying much that they affirmed the lower court decision. 

I saw on a conservative blog earlier today that the legislative branch with a simple majority and the executive branch can legally abolish the 9th circuit appeals court.  Thought that was funny.  

2017-02-10 5:41 PM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Pro
The 9th Circuit. BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! Those 3 nut jobs will be overruled....as always.
New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Immigration Order Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

Immigration Reform

Started by Rogillio
Views: 493 Posts: 2

2017-01-25 9:21 AM dmiller5

Is Trump's Wife a Mail Order Bride?

Started by lawrencemcdonald
Views: 1414 Posts: 8

2016-09-09 11:23 AM ChineseDemocracy