General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Weekly Bike Mileage Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2017-02-06 12:43 PM

Subject: Weekly Bike Mileage
Hi there,

By way of background, we are talking long course racing with 2 SST (Steady State) rides, 1 long ride, 1 race specific / weakness ride per week. The question is what percentage of the weekly long ride would you do on your SST rides? I was thinking 60 % is a good arbitrary number but welcome other ideas.

2017-02-06 2:06 PM
in reply to: Michael Lance Prefon

User image

Subject: RE: Weekly Bike Mileage

Just for clarification, how much total time do you have to train per week on average, how long (in duration) is your typical long ride in preparation for long course, and what is your definition of Steady State in terms of intensity (ex. 80% of FTP?, IM bike intensity?, something you could sustain for X hours all out?).

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Weekly Bike Mileage Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Bike/Run Frequency vs Duration- same total weekly mileage

Started by wbattaile
Views: 1830 Posts: 11

2012-01-22 1:25 PM wbattaile

Longest weekly run / total weekly mileage percentage

Started by KenD
Views: 1632 Posts: 8

2008-08-15 12:18 PM Scout7

Weekly mileage

Started by Scout7
Views: 943 Posts: 11

2008-03-11 1:13 PM lorabby

weekly mileage for Sprint

Started by dawnieruns
Views: 976 Posts: 12

2006-03-07 7:45 AM hangloose

weekly mileage for the run

Started by aims
Views: 649 Posts: 2

2004-06-30 2:58 PM cdf26.2
RELATED ARTICLES
date : February 5, 2010
author : Amy Kuitse
comments : 1
Trying to figure out how to fit all of your weekly training sessions in? This guide will show the best ways to schedule your two-a-day workouts.

date : June 17, 2009
author : FitWerx
comments : 0
I have about 9k miles on my bike, what needs to be done, checked or replaced to be sure it is in tip-top shape? I'm racing IM Canada this summer.
date : June 11, 2007
author : AMSSM
Now that I've alleviated the pain and injury, do you think it would be okay to start running on the street/sidewalk/hills again?

date : April 12, 2007
author : mikericci
comments : 4
Warmup tips. Swim, bike and run pacing and heart-rate zones to be in by mileage.
date : May 1, 2006
author : acbadger
comments : 1
It's extremely frustrating and I even get in a bad mood when I run. I think I might have increased my mileage too fast. I have a hard time catching my breath now too, even at short distances.

date : April 24, 2005
author : AMSSM
It sounds like your ankle has seen plenty of mileage and, by the description of your surgeon’s plan, that you have damage to the articular cartilage that caps your talus bone.
date : September 11, 2004
author : westfried
Fact is, it's tough. Best bet is to do the training that you can, and let the chips fall where they may.

date : September 1, 2004
author : owie
“Less is more,” is a common buzz phrase in endurance sports today. It refers to the trend of training less but focusing on intensity and quality rather than on quantity.