General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hello from Norway Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2017-02-07 7:33 AM

User image

Lierskogen, Buskerud
Subject: Hello from Norway
So I've done exactly the opposite of what this sub-forum asks, and lurked since late 2014. Somewhere between then and now I decided to take the plunge with triahtlons.

I've been a relatively avid runner and cyclist for a while, and finally convinced myself to stop being silly about the swimming (my own personal fear for whatever reason), and joined the local swim club's masters group this year and begun swimming seriously for the first time in a very long time...

My ultimate goal is a full IM distance race and we have here in Norway one of the hardest IM distance races called the Norseman Extreme Triathlon, nxtri.com... It is my hope/dream/ultimate goal to complete that race one day. One day.

For now my sights are much more reasonable (hopefully) with a sprint race and an olympic distance race this year, and a marathon at the end of the season. My completely unsupported plan is to complete a 70.3 in 2018, and then a full IM in 2019.

Anyway, this site's been a blessing already, and is one of the reasons I've opted to start swimming for real.

For that, I'd like to say thank you.

2017-02-21 7:47 PM
in reply to: flyor64

User image

Subject: RE: Hello from Norway
Originally posted by flyor64

So I've done exactly the opposite of what this sub-forum asks, and lurked since late 2014. Somewhere between then and now I decided to take the plunge with triahtlons.

I've been a relatively avid runner and cyclist for a while, and finally convinced myself to stop being silly about the swimming (my own personal fear for whatever reason), and joined the local swim club's masters group this year and begun swimming seriously for the first time in a very long time...

My ultimate goal is a full IM distance race and we have here in Norway one of the hardest IM distance races called the Norseman Extreme Triathlon, nxtri.com... It is my hope/dream/ultimate goal to complete that race one day. One day.

For now my sights are much more reasonable (hopefully) with a sprint race and an olympic distance race this year, and a marathon at the end of the season. My completely unsupported plan is to complete a 70.3 in 2018, and then a full IM in 2019.

Anyway, this site's been a blessing already, and is one of the reasons I've opted to start swimming for real.

For that, I'd like to say thank you.

Good luck on your new goal. The Norseman Xtreme Triathlon has been made famous for the format of the swim, so maybe you could get motivation by looking at videos of the swimmers. My friend competed in that last year. He didn't make the shortlist to go to the top, but he did finish it (I think white completion shirt instead of the coveted black shirt).

Anyway, good luck and I envy you and the great cycling options you have in your country.
2017-02-28 11:04 AM
in reply to: flyor64

User image

Master
Overland Park, KS
Welcome to BT and if I lived in Norway I would train super hard to do that race. I have seen footage and read race reports and that race is so EPIC! That run scares the living daylights out of me. Much luck to you and I hope you can line up to do that race some day. If I win the lottery I'll be there as well
2017-03-19 3:49 PM
in reply to: #5212777

I just saw a video of the famous tri in Norway and you are lucky to l live in such a wonderful country with biking tours hiking trecking climbing you got everything you need for your training.

Im not far away, living in netherlands and if im lucky i can find a 20 or 40m altitude road to climb otherwise i live in -3m and its flat hust everywhere.
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hello from Norway Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

New in Norway

Started by Craftyviking
Views: 805 Posts: 2

2014-06-02 8:22 AM IndoIronYanti

Hello from Norway

Started by Runner204
Views: 1145 Posts: 11

2014-01-20 4:15 PM MechEChick

Hi from Norway