General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Plus size beginner looking for great quality / great price Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2017-02-08 2:57 PM

Subject: Plus size beginner looking for great quality / great price
Hey there,

I'm on the hunt for great quality and price combo for cycling shorts for a woman (me) presently wearing a plus size 2X or approximately size 20 women's clothing.

I'm training for a 200km ride in June and don't have a lot of time to trial and error my way through this, and my budget is pretty tight. I've been told though, that this is important, so I'm tiring. To you guys for some guidance!

Hellllp!

Kate

2017-02-08 7:17 PM
in reply to: Infinikate

User image

Veteran
Hudson Valley
Subject: RE: Plus size beginner looking for great quality / great price
You may want to try medium thickness spandex jogging shorts without underwear. Maybe wear two pairs of shorts. Make sure there is no breather panel in the crotch or you will experience chafing pain. Even though I can find bicycling shorts in my size, I find the chamois makes the shorts feel like diapers. With advances in seat design, there is no longer a need for a chamois in the shorts.
2017-03-21 1:39 AM
in reply to: Six000MileYear

Uswimwear.co.uk mission is to offer you fashionable swimwear at competitive prices.
They carry over 5000 different products from the worlds, friendly and highly trained sales staff are pleased to offer advice and guidance for product selection or any enquiry you may have. And prices are consistently low, and with our on-line discounts as standard, and competitive delivery costs.
2017-03-26 9:20 PM
in reply to: #5212969

New user

I agree with the diaper comment, but that extra padding isn't a horrible thing to have. I found a pair of de Soto tri capris for competition (only up to XL - not very big) and I wear Canari brand for cycling only. They carry plus sizes and are much more suited to be considered a plus size outfitter. You might find luck on Juno Active.com as well.
Good luck!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Plus size beginner looking for great quality / great price Rss Feed