General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Sports watch for idiot Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2017-02-20 6:15 AM

Subject: Sports watch for idiot
Hello BT. I was wondering if anyone out there could recommend a fitness device that is simple to use. It is a splurge so cost is not a factor. Criteria:

1. Waterproof but I do not want swim data because that is too much to think about. I want to wear it when I swim though.

2. Displays HR in large digits automatically so I do not have to squint to read it and I do not have to press anything. No

2017-02-20 9:13 AM
in reply to: onefinwonder

User image

Regular
Tucson, AZ
Subject: RE: Sports watch for idiot
It sounds like you want a really simple, easy to use device. Garmin devices are great and aren't that complicated and you can set up a big HR field, but you have to learn to set that you want that data field.

The Garmin 235 has optical heart rate built in so technically you don't even need a HRM Strap

http://amzn.to/2meCtL6
2017-02-23 10:54 AM
in reply to: ThomasGerlach ProTri

User image

Expert
Floriduh
Originally posted by ThomasGerlach ProTri

It sounds like you want a really simple, easy to use device. Garmin devices are great and aren't that complicated and you can set up a big HR field, but you have to learn to set that you want that data field.

The Garmin 235 has optical heart rate built in so technically you don't even need a HRM Strap

http://amzn.to/2meCtL6

I'd suggest a Garmin VivoActive HR, again like Thomas said you don't need a HR strap and because it is a multi-sport watch may have some features you may want in the future.
2017-03-08 2:14 PM

User image

DC
Originally posted by onefinwonder

Hello BT. I was wondering if anyone out there could recommend a fitness device that is simple to use. It is a splurge so cost is not a factor. Criteria:

1. Waterproof but I do not want swim data because that is too much to think about. I want to wear it when I swim though.

2. Displays HR in large digits automatically so I do not have to squint to read it and I do not have to press anything. No

I got a Vivoactive if you're interested (PM me). It's really a set-it/forget it.
2017-03-08 2:47 PM
in reply to: Porfirio

User image

Extreme Veteran
I have owed what seems like just about everyone that has come out except for the 920 and Fenix 3. My favorite of all of them, and it has already been mentioned twice, is the Garmin Vivoactive HR. Got mine through a Factory Outlet as a refurb for $149.00 w/ full warranty. Absolutely Satisfied and the price was just awesome.
2017-03-09 9:13 AM

User image

Regular
I'd recommend the Garmin Fenix, but that may be a bit more than you're looking for...

2017-03-14 6:23 AM
in reply to: 0

I've had a Garmin Vivoactive HR since they first came out (about a year ago) and have been very pleased. I previously owned a Polar watch with a strap for heart rate and while I think that may be a scoche more accurate, I really liked chucking the strap when I switched to the Garmin. And the Garmin Connect app, which I have loaded to my iPhone, is useful.

Edited by HaydenHunter 2017-03-14 6:24 AM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Sports watch for idiot Rss Feed