Other Resources The Political Joe » The Great Divide Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2017-02-21 8:03 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama
Subject: The Great Divide
I saw something on FB recently that I'm been thinking about. It was some member of Congress talking about all the protests and negative media and insults people have been reports, posting, saying about President Trump. He said when you insult Trump you insult the 60 million people who voted for him. While I don't take it personally I do think it impugns my judgement....but more importantly it shows that people still don't get WHY Trump got elected. People were so pissd off at government that they were willing to vote for a 'marginal' candidate who promised changed. Remember too that Obama ran on 'change' too but evidently the American people did not get the changed they'd hoped for and so are now trying a different sort of change.

I read an article recently on RCP that said, essentially, 'Trump supporters think Trump is doing great and don't understand why the other side doesn't see it.' A huge part of Trumps base voted for Trump to do something about illegal immigration and homeland security. His supporters see him trying to deal with these issues and are overlooking this.

On a semi-related note. I watched MSNBC mock Trump about reporting that Sweden had a problem recently. They all laughed at him.....even as they pointed out that he was referring to a Fox News report that had aired the previous night. They never once talked about what the Fox New report was about but continued to mock him. The funny thing is, I remember about a week or two ago reading about some refugees in Sweden raping a girl repeated on a live FB feed. It aired for over an hour as she was being raped. Of course, the liberal media won't report on this.......

2017-02-21 8:45 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro
Subject: RE: The Great Divide

As far as I can tell the libs in this country have lost their minds. LMAO   I've had to quit watching the news for a bit because it's all just craziness.

Rest assured......and I know this is completely lost on the Dems......nobody is going to forget how nuts they were with this.  If President Trump is just mildly successful it's over for them.

Edited by Left Brain 2017-02-21 8:53 AM
2017-02-21 11:35 AM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by Left Brain

As far as I can tell the libs in this country have lost their minds. LMAO   I've had to quit watching the news for a bit because it's all just craziness.

Rest assured......and I know this is completely lost on the Dems......nobody is going to forget how nuts they were with this.  If President Trump is just mildly successful it's over for them.

Agree, people like to bag on him for bashing on the news, but it's absolutely brilliant because it completely neuters the only weapon the DNC has.  The Press has every intention of spreading lies and "anonymous source" stories for the next 8 years to damage Trump, but he's repeatedly shown them to be the liars. 
It's just like during the campaign where he'd label an opponent "Low energy Jeb", or "Crooked Hillary".  People would be outraged at first, but then start looking into it and say "wow, he is really low energy".  He's doing the same thing with the media. 
It's hilarious to call it a 1st Amendment violation because he's doing no more than calling them out on their lies.  If they stop lying then the attack stops working, but they can't help themselves.

Even the Sweden thing is huge, because the media has been intentionally stonewalling stories of violence by immigrants in Sweden, but now the word is getting out.  The media is trying to be outraged and call Trump out as a liar, but they're the ones who are being outed as corrupt hacks and the people of Sweden finally have a voice (in Trump).  The media is being forced to actually start covering the violence now to save face: 

2017-02-21 1:38 PM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Pro

CNN spent all weekend railing against President Trump over his comment on Sweden.  Right now their headline is about the riots over night in the immigrant neighborhoods around Sweden's capitol. 

Apparently the news media is now even dividing itself.  HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

2017-02-21 2:28 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

CNN spent all weekend railing against President Trump over his comment on Sweden.  Right now their headline is about the riots over night in the immigrant neighborhoods around Sweden's capitol. 

Apparently the news media is now even dividing itself.  HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Last year 60 minutes did a piece trying to bash on Sweden for shutting down Somali refugees.  Yeah, their news crew was attacked for simply setting foot in one of the neighborhoods completely taken over by Somali's. 

2017-02-21 9:47 PM

User image

Elite

I no longer watch any news. If something major happens I'll find out somehow. but I am enjoying living in blissful ignorance about the world in general and in particular US politics.

2017-02-22 6:55 AM
in reply to: jobaxas

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by jobaxas

I no longer watch any news. If something major happens I'll find out somehow. but I am enjoying living in blissful ignorance about the world in general and in particular US politics.

x2

I browse the headlines on the internet but nothing on TV....just tarred of all the talking heads.
New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » The Great Divide Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Two great tastes that taste even better together?

Started by switch
Views: 1335 Posts: 17

2014-02-26 2:56 PM switch

Hopefully this gun owner will be convicted. Great role model.

Started by powerman
Views: 888 Posts: 6

2013-06-26 9:41 PM Left Brain
RELATED ARTICLES
date : August 31, 2015
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
Of all the major joints, the hip joint remains the most difficult to evaluate for most orthopedic and sports medicine clinicians.

date : October 21, 2014
author : AMSSM
Do you find your hip hurting after running or after running a long race? This article provides diagnosis and treatment for greater trochanteric pain syndrome.
date : June 12, 2012
comments : 2
Mark will reveal blow by blow what took him from six devastating setbacks in the Ironman World Championships in Kona to the first of his six World Championship victories on the Big Island.

date : September 3, 2010
author : Sara McLarty
comments : 1
This installment of the BT Swim Series will focus on being efficient in the water. Learning how to swim smooth and efficiently is important to becoming a great swimmer.
date : July 15, 2009
author : EndurancePlanet
Not only is he a great athlete, he is a great mentor. I have been in his mentor group for the last two rounds and he inspires and encourages our entire group daily.

date : October 4, 2006
author : trijesse
comments : 1
After years of waiting....its all about to change! This was my first triathlon and I have to say that the whole thing was amazing to me.
date : September 3, 2005
author : bflrich
You’re probably not going to get it just right immediately. Like always, just do the best you can and keep on keeping on. Don’t get upset if you don’t hit the target every time.

date : August 31, 2004
WAYNESVILLE, Ohio (August 22, 2004) Professional triathlete Felipe Bastos (BRA/USA) took another trip to Ohio this weekend...