2017-09-21 11:08 PM
in reply to: spudone

User image

Pro
Subject: RE: Towergate

Originally posted by spudone

Originally posted by Left Brain

They will keep going until they find a respectable crime that they can say justified their multi-million dollar budget. Doubtful it will have anything to do with the election. More than likely financial crime(s) by Manaford. This will allow some cover for the dems and the media as they can say, "See, there WAS criminal activity!" 

This is probably a good prediction because in the political realm, the best way to put out a fire like this is to sacrifice someone to the sharks that are circling.

It depends on whether Mueller can keep running a tight ship and not tip his hand.  I expect we'll see a bunch of immunity deals in exchange for testimony and someone will lose at musical chairs and take the brunt of the punishment.

And then President Trump will pardon them..............the end.

If they've been loyal heh.

It goes without saying that the person who finally "takes the brunt of the punishment" will be loyal.....who else would you throw to the wolves?  This is all the biggest bunch of silliness in the history of silly.

2017-09-22 9:32 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama

They will keep going until they find a respectable crime that they can say justified their multi-million dollar budget. Doubtful it will have anything to do with the election. More than likely financial crime(s) by Manaford. This will allow some cover for the dems and the media as they can say, "See, there WAS criminal activity!" 

This is probably a good prediction because in the political realm, the best way to put out a fire like this is to sacrifice someone to the sharks that are circling.

It depends on whether Mueller can keep running a tight ship and not tip his hand.  I expect we'll see a bunch of immunity deals in exchange for testimony and someone will lose at musical chairs and take the brunt of the punishment.

I read the Manaford is Italian and very tough.....he won't turn.

I was thinking about something last night.....aside of newshound and political junkies, how many Americans give a hoot about Russian meddling in the last election? How many average American can tell you who Manaford, Mueller, Flynn, Comey, etc are...much less their 'involvement' in the Great Russian/Trump Election Campaign.

I tend to surf news channels at night and find it amazing to see what the CNN, FOX and MSNBC report on. It's interesting to watch and see how they can skew a story. Last night Rachel Madcow went on and on about how Trump was using the GOP campaign fun for legal defense. She brought on an expert who told her is was completely legal....despite how she tried to twist it, "....but what if the legal problem happened AFTER he was elected?!" "yeah, still legal." "But what about Trump Jr?" "Yeah, legal as well".

But the funniest part was how she never asked WHY/HOW it became legal? Turns out the answer is this is something the Clintons and the DNC fought hard for and got the rules changed to allow it! But you'd never hear that on MSNBC or CNN. I read it on RCP a couple of days ago.

2017-09-22 11:09 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro

Originally posted by Rogillio

Having worked with informants, people trying to work off criminal cases, etc for many, many years I can tell you that EVERYONE will turn, with the right incentive.  By the same token, everyone will stand firm with the right incentive.  So you have to ask yourself, who carries the biggest carrot on the stick?  In this case, the President does. You can easily stand firm with him, and protect him (or be loyal, choose whatever words you like), if the carrot is a pardon. End of story.

Edited by Left Brain 2017-09-22 11:11 AM
2017-09-22 11:59 AM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Champion
Alabama

Having worked with informants, people trying to work off criminal cases, etc for many, many years I can tell you that EVERYONE will turn, with the right incentive.  By the same token, everyone will stand firm with the right incentive.  So you have to ask yourself, who carries the biggest carrot on the stick?  In this case, the President does. You can easily stand firm with him, and protect him (or be loyal, choose whatever words you like), if the carrot is a pardon. End of story.

Old game we played in college:

Guy: Would you sleep with me for $50?
Girl: No
Guy: Would you sleep with me for $5,000,000?
Girl: Yes
Guy: Ok, now that we've established what you are, we just need to negotiate the price. :-)

I suppose most people have price.

The thing with Manaford is, he honestly might not have/know anything on Trump that the feds want/need/think he has.

2017-09-22 3:18 PM
in reply to: Rogillio

Master
, California

Old game we played in college: Guy: Would you sleep with me for $50? Girl: No Guy: Would you sleep with me for $5,000,000? Girl: Yes Guy: Ok, now that we've established what you are, we just need to negotiate the price. :-) I suppose most people have price. The thing with Manaford is, he honestly might not have/know anything on Trump that the feds want/need/think he has.

I think it's more likely that someone else in that circle will have something on Manafort.

That no-knock warrant on Manafort's house probably caught him off guard, so if there is evidence of anything bad, Mueller probably already has it and doesn't need him to talk.

2017-09-23 10:37 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama

Old game we played in college: Guy: Would you sleep with me for $50? Girl: No Guy: Would you sleep with me for $5,000,000? Girl: Yes Guy: Ok, now that we've established what you are, we just need to negotiate the price. :-) I suppose most people have price. The thing with Manaford is, he honestly might not have/know anything on Trump that the feds want/need/think he has.

I think it's more likely that someone else in that circle will have something on Manafort.

That no-knock warrant on Manafort's house probably caught him off guard, so if there is evidence of anything bad, Mueller probably already has it and doesn't need him to talk.

If it caught him off guard he is an idiot. The minute they named a special counsel he probably purged all his documents. He had a couple of months to do so.

2017-09-25 10:41 AM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

If it caught him off guard he is an idiot. The minute they named a special counsel he probably purged all his documents. He had a couple of months to do so.

Oh, i'm the target of an investigation?  OK, I'll just store all these incriminating files at home where nobody will ever find them... 
Knock Knock...  huh?

2017-09-25 12:07 PM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by tuwood

Oh, i'm the target of an investigation?  OK, I'll just store all these incriminating files at home where nobody will ever find them... 
Knock Knock...  huh?

He probably put them under the mattress where no one could find them!

When news broke that a special counsel had been named, I'd of had to leave work early that day to go home and do some 'house cleaning'. I'd of picked up the phone and called Hillary, "Hey Hill, tell me about this bit bleach stuff....."

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Towergate Rss Feed  

of 4