Other Resources The Political Joe » Towergate Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 4

2017-03-06 8:52 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama
Subject: Towergate
So the dominate political story this weekend was Trump's accusation of the wire-tapping of Trump Tower.

I am just fascinated at how the media and congressmen are talking about it. I read stories in the media with the headline, "Trump's evidence free claim...."

LOL No secret the media is at war with Trump and are tying to destroy him but they are doing so at their own demise. A real journalist would say, "Trump has made some serious claim but has not (yet) presented evidence to the public to substantiate the claims.

To say there is "no evidence" is total BS. I think the media has a BS in BS! How do you know there is no evidence? Oh, because you have not personally seen the evidence? If it was done under a criminal investigation you might have access to the evidence. But if it was done under intelligence gathering then it would be classified and available only on a need-to-know basis. Just because Senator Smucher sits on XX committee and has a clearance by no means suggests he would know about the wire-tapping.

I will go out on a limb here.....I think there IS evidence and Trump is just giving the media and democrats a little rope before he drops the evidence. If there is evidence, it will come out. And I seriously doubt Trump made the accusations based on a dream he had......but I could be wrong. LOL

2017-03-06 10:10 AM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Champion
Alabama
Subject: RE: Towergate
https://pjmedia.com/rogerlsimon/2017/03/05/obamagate-is-a-lot-more-t...

If you believe even some of this.....things could get ugly.
2017-03-06 10:10 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Champion
Alabama
DP

Edited by Rogillio 2017-03-06 10:10 AM
2017-03-08 12:57 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama
I read an article this morning suggesting dems fell for Trump's trap. The allegations of the wire taps has democrats and the media all saying it never happened! But Trump has access now to EVERYTHING the government has. So maybe he set a trap for democrats.....baited them with the tweets?

It's an interesting theory.

(Meep meep.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Meep meep.jpg (51KB - 0 downloads)
2017-03-08 1:31 PM

User image

Deep in the Heart of Texas

Originally posted by Rogillio I read an article this morning suggesting dems fell for Trump's trap. The allegations of the wire taps has democrats and the media all saying it never happened! But Trump has access now to EVERYTHING the government has. So maybe he set a trap for democrats.....baited them with the tweets? It's an interesting theory.

That's exactly what I want the POTUS to be spending his time doing - entrapping the democrats and the media.

More likely, IMHO, is that someone told President Trump about an article on Breitbart and he determined that tweet worthy. 

2017-03-08 2:31 PM

User image

Pro

2017-03-08 2:31 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by Hook'em

Originally posted by Rogillio I read an article this morning suggesting dems fell for Trump's trap. The allegations of the wire taps has democrats and the media all saying it never happened! But Trump has access now to EVERYTHING the government has. So maybe he set a trap for democrats.....baited them with the tweets? It's an interesting theory.

That's exactly what I want the POTUS to be spending his time doing - entrapping the democrats and the media.

More likely, IMHO, is that someone told President Trump about an article on Breitbart and he determined that tweet worthy. 

Well politics is what it is....

IDK if it was Breitbart.

If you put two and two together, carry the one and apply some Kentucky windage.....you might assume he got the intel from the NY Times.

But why would he need to? All the intel people work for him now!! He gets daily intel briefing. He has intel advisors and national security people that all report to him. If it were me.....during my first cabinet meeting I'd turn to my NSA advisor and say, "I want a briefing on EVERYTHING we know about the Russia hacks and what intel we have gathered. I want to what we know and how we know it and when we knew it! I want the names of everyone who has had ANYTHING to do with the Russia investigation. And I want this by Friday!"

Edited by Rogillio 2017-03-08 2:33 PM

(NY.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
NY.jpg (99KB - 0 downloads)
2017-03-08 3:28 PM

User image

Oakville

Originally posted by Rogillio So the dominate political story this weekend was Trump's accusation of the wire-tapping of Trump Tower. I am just fascinated at how the media and congressmen are talking about it. I read stories in the media with the headline, "Trump's evidence free claim...." LOL No secret the media is at war with Trump and are tying to destroy him but they are doing so at their own demise. A real journalist would say, "Trump has made some serious claim but has not (yet) presented evidence to the public to substantiate the claims. To say there is "no evidence" is total BS. I think the media has a BS in BS! How do you know there is no evidence? Oh, because you have not personally seen the evidence? If it was done under a criminal investigation you might have access to the evidence. But if it was done under intelligence gathering then it would be classified and available only on a need-to-know basis. Just because Senator Smucher sits on XX committee and has a clearance by no means suggests he would know about the wire-tapping. I will go out on a limb here.....I think there IS evidence and Trump is just giving the media and democrats a little rope before he drops the evidence. If there is evidence, it will come out. And I seriously doubt Trump made the accusations based on a dream he had......but I could be wrong. LOL

Trump may have opened a can of worms here without thinking things through.  Either there was no wiretap and he looks like a fool, or there was a wiretap but it was pursuant to a valid FISA court order - i.e. there was sufficient evidence of wrongdoing in the Trump camp for a court to issue the wiretap of Trump Towers. 

Either way, it will not end well for Mr. Trump.

2017-03-08 4:56 PM
in reply to: Scott71

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by Scott71

Originally posted by Rogillio So the dominate political story this weekend was Trump's accusation of the wire-tapping of Trump Tower. I am just fascinated at how the media and congressmen are talking about it. I read stories in the media with the headline, "Trump's evidence free claim...." LOL No secret the media is at war with Trump and are tying to destroy him but they are doing so at their own demise. A real journalist would say, "Trump has made some serious claim but has not (yet) presented evidence to the public to substantiate the claims. To say there is "no evidence" is total BS. I think the media has a BS in BS! How do you know there is no evidence? Oh, because you have not personally seen the evidence? If it was done under a criminal investigation you might have access to the evidence. But if it was done under intelligence gathering then it would be classified and available only on a need-to-know basis. Just because Senator Smucher sits on XX committee and has a clearance by no means suggests he would know about the wire-tapping. I will go out on a limb here.....I think there IS evidence and Trump is just giving the media and democrats a little rope before he drops the evidence. If there is evidence, it will come out. And I seriously doubt Trump made the accusations based on a dream he had......but I could be wrong. LOL

Trump may have opened a can of worms here without thinking things through.  Either there was no wiretap and he looks like a fool, or there was a wiretap but it was pursuant to a valid FISA court order - i.e. there was sufficient evidence of wrongdoing in the Trump camp for a court to issue the wiretap of Trump Towers. 

Either way, it will not end well for Mr. Trump.

Yeah I've read exactly that in the MSM all week. It ASSUMES the tap came thru FISA. There are a dozen or more agencies capable of wiretaps without going thru FISA. But even if it came thru FISA.....if the found ANYTHING Clapper would have said do.

All that aside.....Trump knows all this.

He is either really smart or really dumb. Given that he manage to beat all the republicans running and beat the coronation of Hillary......and figured out how to become a billionaire....I'm putting my money on the former. I may be wrong...but I don't think so.

Keep in mind Obama had cause for revenge on Trump for the birther issue.

There is evidence of wiretaps.....so either Obama was complicit or incompetent.

Who would have ever thought the IRS would target groups based on their politics? Trump and his aides were bugged.....I'd bet the farm on that. The only questions are who did it and who knew and when did they know it.

This is one story that is not just gonna fade away......mark my word.
2017-03-13 11:55 AM
in reply to: #5215136

User image

Champion
Southern Chicago Suburbs, IL
Make certain you don't reheat any leftovers in the microwave while you plan you coup. They are listening don't you know.

??
2017-03-13 1:14 PM
in reply to: crowny2

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by crowny2

Make certain you don't reheat any leftovers in the microwave while you plan you coup. They are listening don't you know.

??

I got rid of our heated toilet seat cause I suspected they might be listing to my a)ss with it.

2017-03-14 7:50 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama
Good read.

https://spectator.org/how-investigating-the-trump-campaign-backfired...

I like this:

If you strike at a king, you better kill him.

Sounds like a line from The Godfather.
2017-03-14 9:17 AM

User image

Veteran
St. Louis

When it's so obvious that Obama illegally ordered the FBI to "wire tap" (in quotes because that way Spicer says wire tapping doesn't actually mean wire tapping) Trump Tower phones, I'm not sure why the DoJ needed another week to collect evidence of it to present to the House Intelligence Committee.

2017-03-14 9:36 AM
in reply to: Bob Loblaw

User image

Pro

Originally posted by Bob Loblaw

When it's so obvious that Obama illegally ordered the FBI to "wire tap" (in quotes because that way Spicer says wire tapping doesn't actually mean wire tapping) Trump Tower phones, I'm not sure why the DoJ needed another week to collect evidence of it to present to the House Intelligence Committee.

Bro - this is spy chit....back off!

2017-03-14 9:50 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama

Two answers to that:

Democrats: They need more time to concoct a good story to cover for Trump's lies.

Republicans: The fact that they more time indicates there is evidence. If there weren't, they'd have simply said "no such evidence exists".

No way they will be able to pin this on Obama. He is smart enough to make sure of that. Did he 'know'? "I have no recollection." Plausible denial. On the other hand....if the intel guys told him Trump was working with the Russians I can see where he might have told them to find evidence of collusion.

I find this spy stuff much more fascinating to follow than Obamacare.
2017-03-14 10:02 AM

User image

Veteran
St. Louis

Originally posted by Rogillio

Two answers to that: Democrats: They need more time to concoct a good story to cover for Trump's lies. Republicans: The fact that they more time indicates there is evidence. If there weren't, they'd have simply said "no such evidence exists". No way they will be able to pin this on Obama. He is smart enough to make sure of that. Did he 'know'? "I have no recollection." Plausible denial. On the other hand....if the intel guys told him Trump was working with the Russians I can see where he might have told them to find evidence of collusion. I find this spy stuff much more fascinating to follow than Obamacare.

It's not the Dems or Reps that are delaying, it's the DoJ. So either they have a ton of evidence against Obama and need more time to compile it all, or they have absolutely no evidence and need more time to chase down every last lead before they announce that the President is an idiot who got his panties in a wad over a click-bait news article. Given that Spicer is in full-spin mode about what Trump actually tweeted, and Kellyanne is rambling on about microwaves and tv's, my money is on the latter. Guess we'll find out next Monday.

2017-03-14 10:05 AM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Veteran
St. Louis

Originally posted by Left Brain

Uh oh, I typed that in front of my tv. They might be watching...

nervous suspicious chewing thats so raven old disney

2017-03-14 10:10 AM

User image

Pro

Damn dude....sorry.  If they come for you, you know what to do.

Edited by Left Brain 2017-03-14 10:11 AM
2017-03-14 10:20 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama

nervous suspicious chewing thats so raven old disney

Just because you are paranoid does not mean they aren't watching you.

My guess is the DOJ is trying to be very careful about what it knows and how it knows. I believe Jeff Session to be a stand up guy with integrity....certainly not the type to concoct a story just to cover Trump's tweet.

Although I heard that Melania had a meeting with Sessions.....but they just talked about kids and golf.

2017-03-14 12:29 PM

User image

Buttercup

Oh, Rogillio ...

2017-03-14 3:07 PM
in reply to: Renee

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by Renee

Oh, Rogillio ...

I missed you too Renee. :-)

2017-03-15 1:59 PM
in reply to: #5215136

New user
Thanks Obama!
2017-03-16 7:18 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

I'll get on my opinion box because that's all this is:

Trump is a master at setting traps for the media and his opponents to step into.  He doesn't just sent a tweet of this magnitude out without a plan in action.
His supporters like to call it 4D chess because he's so dang good at it.  You know how almost everything controversial he's done or said in the campaign that was outrageous ended up working out in his favor in the end.

My personal guess is that Obama has been stirring up a lot of trouble behind the scenes and this was a warning shot to him.  If you don't knock it off, I will take you down.  Side out Obama.  If things start coming out, then Obama didn't get the message.
There's no question that Obama broke the law, so it would be really easy for Trump to take him down legally.  However, politically he has to knock him down a few pegs before he does.  This could also be part of that strategy. 

Either way, there are bigger things in play here and I am loving it.  The campaign was insane and I couldn't stop watching.  Usually after the election the interest fades into the sunset until the next time.  Not with Trump.  I'm more engaged now than I've ever been and so is everyone else.   #MAGA

2017-03-16 9:34 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by tuwood

I'll get on my opinion box because that's all this is:

Trump is a master at setting traps for the media and his opponents to step into.  He doesn't just sent a tweet of this magnitude out without a plan in action.
His supporters like to call it 4D chess because he's so dang good at it.  You know how almost everything controversial he's done or said in the campaign that was outrageous ended up working out in his favor in the end.

My personal guess is that Obama has been stirring up a lot of trouble behind the scenes and this was a warning shot to him.  If you don't knock it off, I will take you down.  Side out Obama.  If things start coming out, then Obama didn't get the message.
There's no question that Obama broke the law, so it would be really easy for Trump to take him down legally.  However, politically he has to knock him down a few pegs before he does.  This could also be part of that strategy. 

Either way, there are bigger things in play here and I am loving it.  The campaign was insane and I couldn't stop watching.  Usually after the election the interest fades into the sunset until the next time.  Not with Trump.  I'm more engaged now than I've ever been and so is everyone else.   #MAGA

Glad to see you back and opinning.

As you've said, there is only opinions RE the "wire tapping". My best guess is some intel agency was listening to someone and happened to intercept a Trump telecon. Someone shared the recording with Trump and he was po'd and started tweeting. All speculation. The truth will come out soon.

Or....some non US entity bugged him and left crumbs that point to US bugging.

Or it was aliens......outer space, not Mexicans.

At any rate, it's the most intriguing stories in the news right now IMO.

Edited by Rogillio 2017-03-16 9:39 PM
2017-03-17 9:17 AM

User image

Deep in the Heart of Texas

Yeah, most of the time I see a Trump tweet, I think "there goes that mastermind, again."

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Towergate Rss Feed  

of 4