General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » First timer in Atlanta Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2017-04-05 9:32 AM

Subject: First timer in Atlanta
Hello All,

I am training to compete in my first tri on June 5th at Tybee Island, GA. I'm 33 and was in good shape prior to starting seriously training. I have been logging significant time each week training and I feel my fitness level is where it needs to be to complete the race with a solid time. However my swimming is inconsistent and sometimes borderline terrible. Some days I feel like I'm starting to get it, other days I'm barely able to complete 1 lap without resting or swallowing water. I can't seem to get in a rhythm with my strokes or breath. My tri swim is an open water ocean swim so I'm beginning to get nervous at my lack of progress. Any advice on training strategies or drills for improvement would be greatly appreciated. Also I would love to get together with other tri athletes in the area to train if anybody's interested.

2017-04-05 9:35 AM
in reply to: #5217685

Subject: RE: First timer in Atlanta
Also I adhere to a very disciplined whole food, high fat, low carb diet. Anybody have experience with racing a tri following the same diet?
2017-04-06 3:20 PM
in reply to: KetogenicKing

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member

Originally posted by KetogenicKing Also I adhere to a very disciplined whole food, high fat, low carb diet. Anybody have experience with racing a tri following the same diet?

There was a whole thread about the Ketogenic diet at some point.  Might be worth a search or you could post something in the main (triathlon talk) forum and you'll get more response.

Welcome!

2017-04-07 10:11 AM
in reply to: KetogenicKing

User image

Expert
Tyrone, Georgia
Originally posted by KetogenicKing

Also I adhere to a very disciplined whole food, high fat, low carb diet. Anybody have experience with racing a tri following the same diet?

Below is a link to a pretty good article as well contained here on the board.

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/cms/article-detail.asp?articleid=...
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » First timer in Atlanta Rss Feed