General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Moving saddle farther forward Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2017-04-26 6:45 PM

Subject: Moving saddle farther forward
I would like the saddle moved another 1" forward.

Already have a Profile Design "forward" seat post and the Adams Road saddle is slammed forward on the rails.

Is there any way to move the saddle even farther forward?...any other type of bridge or adapter available?

Thank You,

Rod
Oriental, NC

2017-04-26 6:48 PM
in reply to: PamlicoRod

User image

Subject: RE: Moving saddle farther forward
Sounds like its time to get a bike with geometry that better suits your position objectives.
2017-04-26 6:48 PM
in reply to: #5219142

Adams saddle
2017-04-26 7:04 PM
in reply to: #5219144

I was afraid of that... ??

I can generate so much more power and much faster TT times with the saddle forward and I'm still hanging off the front of the saddle.

The bike is a 2014 Specialized Roubaix Elite with a Profile Design FF seatpost, Adamo Road saddle, and clip-on Profile Design Aero Bars. (Apparently there's no way to post a pic on this forum).

The tip of the saddle is 3/4" back from the center of the bottom bracket.

What is the typical distance from tip of saddle to center of bottom bracket?

Thank You!
Rod

2017-04-27 5:06 AM

User image

Champion
Knoxville area
that is one of specialized's more relaxed geometry bikes. It's not made for you to be sitting super far forward. Sounds like you've got it as far forward as you're going to go.

UCI rules (not that you are bound by those) limits you to 0 setback from the bottom bracket. Most triathletes are in front of it (depending on the saddle, less for short snub noses) by a fair amount.

There's not much more you can do with that bike to go forward, and none of it is something I'd recommend for safety reasons... you are already changing the whole dynamic of that bike in a way it was not meant to be ridden.

ymmv of course
2017-04-27 9:00 AM
in reply to: Leegoocrap

User image

Originally posted by Leegoocrap

that is one of specialized's more relaxed geometry bikes. It's not made for you to be sitting super far forward. Sounds like you've got it as far forward as you're going to go.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Not sure what the point is of trying for a super-aggressive effective seat post angle on a bike that's that tall in the front.

2017-04-27 4:15 PM

User image

Pro
Melbourne FL
Gold member

Originally posted by PamlicoRod I was afraid of that... ?? I can generate so much more power and much faster TT times with the saddle forward and I'm still hanging off the front of the saddle. The bike is a 2014 Specialized Roubaix Elite with a Profile Design FF seatpost, Adamo Road saddle, and clip-on Profile Design Aero Bars. (Apparently there's no way to post a pic on this forum). The tip of the saddle is 3/4" back from the center of the bottom bracket. What is the typical distance from tip of saddle to center of bottom bracket? Thank You! Rod
yup, you have found that RB's don't make great TT bikes!  I ride a 2013 Felt B12 and still have the seat as forward as I can.  I find I can sustain power longer in this position based on trainer trials.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Moving saddle farther forward Rss Feed