General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hi! 2 year goal.... Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2017-05-02 2:57 AM

Subject: Hi! 2 year goal....
Hi,

My name is Steve and I'm new here. Would love to hear from people who have completed or are on their way to their goal of completing an ironman from a standing start. The last 5 years have been tough and I haven't focused on my fitness at all. Gone from a healthy 180lbs to 220lbs. Now focused and looking to complete a full IM in two years time.

Anyway.... look forward to hearing from you guys!

2017-05-09 6:30 PM
in reply to: Bobbysuper

User image

Oviedo, Florida
Subject: RE: Hi! 2 year goal....
Hi Steve and welcome,
I didn't go from a standing start, but have completed all tri distances (sprint to Iron) in about 5 years. I was a distance runner and got really sick of it one day. Thought a tri might be a nice distraction and had no idea where it would end up leading me.

Something to think about with an iron distance. The training is very, very time consuming. You have to have a buy-in from spouse, family, work - pretty much everything and everyone.

I decided to wait until my twins were in college before attempting an iron distance. If you can work out the time commitments with your family, then go for it! 2 years is plenty of time. Get a few shorter distance races in there to get you familiar with the feel of transition and racing in general.

Good luck and keep us posted.

--
Dave
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hi! 2 year goal.... Rss Feed