Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Stradalli Frames Any Good? You Decide Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply
2017-05-05 11:09 AM

Subject: Stradalli Frames Any Good? You Decide
I am 6’0 and 185 pounds and purchased an 56 cm Stradalli Aero7 frame with shimano DI for $3400 on 10/11/16. The price was about $2,000 less than the Specialized, Orbea and Cervello I was shopping for (There is a catch – as “you get what you pay for” is totally applicable in this case).
In early April 2017, I took the bike for a six month tune up at my local bike shop. To my surprise, the bike shop called me saying the frame was cracked (see attached photo) and I shouldn’t ride anymore. Actually they refused to work on the bike.
I called Stradalli, and forwarded the pictures expecting a new frame. Again, to my surprise, Stradalli said there was no warranty since at 185 pounds, I was 5 (2.6% variance) pounds over the warranty limit of 180 pounds, as described in the warranty page of the Stradalli website.
I replied that was really disingenuous since at the time of sale on 10/11/2017 nothing was mentioned or implied with respect of weight restrictions/ limitations. I further explained that I have been riding two 10-year-old + carbon frames (Cervello P3 & Felt B2) and both are in great condition. Lastly, I pointed out that most male riders purchasing a 56-cm frame would be at or over 180 pounds.
After one month exchanging emails and calls, Stradalli offered the exact same frames (56 cm Aero7 -Yes this is the frame that shouldn’t be ridden by riders over 180 pounds) for $475 plus $200 shipping.
I tried to reason and explain that it made no sense as it would not be safe for me to continuing riding the Aero7. I refused Stradalli irresponsible and absurd offer.
If you are an existing customer and weigh more than 180 pounds – please be careful as I am sure you were never told about weight restrictions. If you contemplating a Stradalli and weight more than 180 pounds look at the pictures again.

Attachments
----------------
Stradalli weak frame.pdf (151KB - 16 downloads)
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Stradalli Frames Any Good? You Decide Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

It's niceto remember that there are good people in the world

Started by cdban66
Views: 1823 Posts: 8

2016-10-07 2:46 AM jobaxas

Best way to remove a vehicle inspection sticker?

Started by kziemer
Views: 22807 Posts: 21

2016-07-12 3:17 PM Rogillio

Do Not Shop at Best Buy Pages: 1 2

Started by BIllabong140.6
Views: 4032 Posts: 46

2016-12-26 9:04 PM bootygirl