Other Resources The Political Joe » Comey firing Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2017-05-09 11:27 PM

User image

Pro
Subject: Comey firing

I don't know how I feel about this.  I'm interested to hear opinions. What say you?

2017-05-10 5:20 AM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Expert
Floriduh
Subject: RE: Comey firing
Trump is well within his rights to dump Comey. But because of what he did to HRC? The whole thing has an off odor to it, here comes an independent counsel.
2017-05-10 5:34 AM
in reply to: Oysterboy

User image

Champion
Alabama
I think Comey tried to do what he thought was the right thing to do. He was put in very difficult positions and made the best decisions he thought he could at the time he made them and with the information he had at the time.

Having said that, maybe he should resign. Just to get someone without all the baggage.
2017-05-10 6:30 AM

User image

Regular
First, I thought he should have resigned on his own. His comments on Clinton last summer were questionable at best, since everything he said would have gotten the average Joe charged with a crime. Second, I'm not sure what the outrage is about, as this is something that should be bi-partisan. After the HRC announcement, Republicans wanted him fired. In October after the email announcement, Democrats wanted him fired. So, in the end, both parties got what they wanted, but one side is still not happy. Its mindboggling.

Therein lies why our political system is so dysfunctional.
2017-05-10 8:53 AM
in reply to: hessma

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

the optics on firing a guy thats investigating you, for something he did in your favor 9 months ago, are particularly bad

2017-05-10 9:27 AM
in reply to: dmiller5

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by dmiller5

the optics on firing a guy thats investigating you, for something he did in your favor 9 months ago, are particularly bad

I agree. But in practical terms, Comey was not investigating Trump. Comey is executive level management and manages personnel and assignments. He is the up and out guy who talks to the press and to Congress. He is a spokesman. The real investigators, the down and in guys, will continue to with the investigation.

The idea that you can fire the FBI director and make the investigation 'go away' is ludicrous.

Something happened.....something no one on the 'outside' knows about that caused Trump to dump him. We will likely never really know why he was fired. Maybe Trump thought he was sitting on exculpatory evidence regarding the Russian/Trump investigation? Maybe he was ticked that he refused to order an investigation of the Susan Rice leaks?

2017-05-10 9:51 AM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Pro

Originally posted by Rogillio

I agree. But in practical terms, Comey was not investigating Trump. Comey is executive level management and manages personnel and assignments. He is the up and out guy who talks to the press and to Congress. He is a spokesman. The real investigators, the down and in guys, will continue to with the investigation. The idea that you can fire the FBI director and make the investigation 'go away' is ludicrous. Something happened.....something no one on the 'outside' knows about that caused Trump to dump him. We will likely never really know why he was fired. Maybe Trump thought he was sitting on exculpatory evidence regarding the Russian/Trump investigation? Maybe he was ticked that he refused to order an investigation of the Susan Rice leaks?

I think this came from DOJ (Sessions and Rosenstein letters are out there to read).  I think it's much simpler than most people think it is.  DOJ got sick of Comey running his mouth constantly and decided it was time for  him to go.  I think it's a good move, and contrary to what the left media is putting out there will do NOTHING to stem any investigations currently underway.  Let's face it, our intelligence community needs an overhaul....this was a no-brainer as far as where to start.

2017-05-10 11:50 AM
in reply to: dmiller5

User image

Oakville

(Seinfeld.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Seinfeld.JPG (42KB - 14 downloads)
2017-05-10 11:51 AM

User image

Expert
Evergreen, Colorado
Bronze member

I think he has acted with incompetence and I don't disagree with him losing his position. I mean, both parties should be happy - he hasn't displayed the best judgement in dealing with issues on both sides of the aisle.

But the timing, the letter, and the attempt to blame it on mishandling of HRC all seem a bit ridiculous. This administration just doesn't seem to even try to do things in a professional manner, and I get that Trump has sort of an "f you!" type attitude towards traditional ways of governing, but surely his policies would be better received if he would do things like this in a more prepared manner, rather than making everything he does seem like the result of an adult temper tantrum. All accounts from within the White House make it sound like it was not well communicated or handled at all, right down to Spicer talking to reporters in the dark on the White House lawn. It seems like chaos, and doesn't do much to build confidence in the actions of the administration (not for this independent, anyhow). I get that those of you who love him love him precisely for this type of behavior, so I'm not sure what else to say...

Assuming there is no Russian scandle, why don't the Repubs just allow an independent prosecutor? Show the dems that they're being ridiculous?

2017-05-10 12:02 PM
in reply to: Stacers

User image

Pro

Full Disclosure.....I only love Trump because the liberals hate him SO much.  In fact, there is room for me to hate him if the libs would just hate him a little less......but the more they hate him and the crazier it makes them the more I like the show.....and Trump. LOL

2017-05-10 12:02 PM

User image

Expert
Evergreen, Colorado
Bronze member

Originally posted by Left Brain

Full Disclosure.....I only love Trump because the liberals hate him SO much.  In fact, there is room for me to hate him if the libs would just hate him a little less......but the more they hate him and the crazier it makes them the more I like the show.....and Trump. LOL

Lol. I already figured this out about you.

2017-05-10 12:09 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro

Stacers - we hosted my wife's sister, BIL, and niece (30 years old) this past weekend, they were visiting from SanFran, Ca.  Each day the conversation eventually turned to politics.  I don't think I've ever had guests in our home who were more consumed by their hatred over a single entity......this being Trump.  I have to admit that a few times I found myself taking a position opposite of theirs, even if I secretly agreed, just to see if they would jump out a window or in front of a train or something.......I've never seen anything like it.   I have no idea how anyone gets so worked up over this stuff.  LMAO

Edited by Left Brain 2017-05-10 12:19 PM
2017-05-10 12:59 PM

Master
, California

The idea that you can fire the FBI director and make the investigation 'go away' is ludicrous.

True, but the proof in the pudding will be seen with his successor.  Trump could make things a lot better for himself, or a lot worse, depending on who he selects.

2017-05-10 1:20 PM

User image

Expert
Floriduh

Stacers - we hosted my wife's sister, BIL, and niece (30 years old) this past weekend, they were visiting from SanFran, Ca.  Each day the conversation eventually turned to politics.  I don't think I've ever had guests in our home who were more consumed by their hatred over a single entity......this being Trump.  I have to admit that a few times I found myself taking a position opposite of theirs, even if I secretly agreed, just to see if they would jump out a window or in front of a train or something.......I've never seen anything like it.   I have no idea how anyone gets so worked up over this stuff.  LMAO

Lefty, You never talked with my mother about Obama. I literally saw her foam at the mouth once. Like you, at first I had fun with it, after a while I thought that might not be good for her health. I just let it all go now.
2017-05-11 1:43 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama
My new theory as to why Trump fired Comey.

Trump: Am I under investigation by the FBI

Comey: No sir.

Trump: Will you say this publically?

Comey: No sir.

Trump: Fine, I will write it myself in the letter I send firing your a)ss.
2017-05-12 12:17 PM
in reply to: Rogillio

Master
, California

Comey should run for president.

2017-05-12 8:03 PM

User image

Regular

Here Here!
2017-05-12 8:06 PM

User image

Regular
Originally posted by Oysterboy

Lefty, You never talked with my mother about Obama. I literally saw her foam at the mouth once. Like you, at first I had fun with it, after a while I thought that might not be good for her health. I just let it all go now.

I remember my father telling me Obama reminded him of JFK.....He still defends Obama to this day.
2017-05-17 7:23 PM

User image

Expert
Floriduh
Originally posted by Oysterboy
  • .. here comes an independent counsel.

• Bingo
    New Thread
    Other Resources The Political Joe » Comey firing Rss Feed  
    RELATED POSTS