General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » A long road ahead. Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2017-05-10 9:37 AM

Subject: A long road ahead.
Hello all,

I made the choice to run a tri. However I know it is a long road ahead of me. For I am not the best swimmer and I have not had a bike in over 20 years. However last year I said I was going to run a Half Marathon and I did it. So this year I am setting by eyes on a Tri. However I know this might take a long time for training. Heck I might still be here next year talking about how I am getting ready for this thing. But I am going to do it . I say that with confidence not arrogance . I know it will be hard work to get there.

2017-05-11 8:09 AM
in reply to: Joeybfast

User image

Oviedo, Florida
Subject: RE: A long road ahead.
Hi and welcome to BT!
Stating your goals is a great way to accomplish them, so I think it's great you're so confident. You had a goal to run a half marathon and you accomplished that, so you know this is a goal that will be accomplished as well.

You've certainly got the running background, so now you need to work on your swim and bike. You don't need to spend a lot of $$$ on a bike. If you're looking at racing a Sprint, then really almost any kind of bike will work just fine. I did my first couple of sprint tri's on a hybrid mountain bike. So maybe before plunking down hard earned cash on a bike, you can borrow one from a friend.

Also, be sure to look at the training plans here on BT. There are many sprint plans that are free and work well. You can also make your own customized plan (which is what I did) to fit your schedule.

Good luck and keep us posted!

--
Dave
2017-05-18 9:01 PM
in reply to: #5220095

Subject: RE: A long road ahead.
You got this! You did a 1/2 mary ! Look to do a sprint tri. You can find those with a swim distance of 400 to 700 yards. That's a distance you can work up to with out fully devoting a ton of time. I did my first two sprints on a $200 used full out mountain bike. It wasn't the best but it was an awesome experience. You will feel such a great sense of accomplishment when you finish that first tri
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » A long road ahead. Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Feeling shaky after a long workout

Started by kaitlinX3
Views: 651 Posts: 2

2017-02-22 11:36 PM wenceslasz

Its going to be a long road!

Started by alittlebitconfused
Views: 656 Posts: 3

2017-01-24 3:49 AM alittlebitconfused

Long time no see