Other Resources My Cup of Joe » back muscle tear Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply
2017-05-30 10:52 AM

Subject: back muscle tear
Hi Guys, I am a past triathloner but because of my injury have had to put that on hold for quite a while. A few years ago training, i was doing deadlifts and felt a pop in the right side of my back. I pulled a muscle. It never really healed and over the years i continued to re-injure it until a few years after that muscle finally completely gave out. Now, the top of my right hip (iliac crest area) feels boney and has a hole in it compared to the left side which is covered in smooth muscle, as it should be. Now however, that exact same muscle on my left side is compensating so much that it is starting to tear and injure constantly. I believe i tore my right Quadratus lumborum (QL) so badly that it ripped off of my hip now my left QL is doing all the work including holding my hip in place. Im 35 and in constant pain. Every single movement hurts. Sitting down hurts, walking hurts, sometimes breathing hurts. I put heat on it during the day and ice it at night. I do my back therapy exercises and stretches but nothing helps. Im scared to death of what im going to be like in a few more years. I'm desperately seeking help from anybody. Ive been to so many doctors but they just prescribe pain meds and even after all these years i cant even get an MRI for some reason. Im desperate here.

2017-05-31 8:18 AM
in reply to: trango509

User image

Pro
Tejas
Subject: RE: back muscle tear
Have you just told your Doc to order an MRI? Go see an orthopedic surgeon, they'll order one up so they can justify surgery if needed. I have the opposite problem right now. I took a 6 foot fall onto the concrete, landed on my head and neck. I can't get pain meds, but the MRI was ordered up immediately. Just did it yesterday and waiting to hear results today.
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » back muscle tear Rss Feed