2017-07-12 2:54 PM
in reply to: Rogillio

Master
, California
Subject: RE: Political Quote of the day

Originally posted by Rogillio
Originally posted by spudone

Originally posted by tuwood

This is a pretty good synopsis of the Don Jr. meeting.  The real scandal isn't that he took the meeting it's how the meeting was manufactured and how the Obama administration used it to spy on their political opponents.

Sorry I can't buy into the entrapment theory in that post.  If the president of the united states really wanted that to happen, he would've given her something big on Hillary's campaign, something the opposition couldn't resist.  And I think you'll all agree there was plenty of it.  Not to mention Obama could've done this at any time.  He had no great love of Hillary and could've sunk her campaign back when she was fighting Bernie if he was going to play dirty like that.  So why would Obama send this Russian lawyer into that kind of meeting with her hands empty?

And also that post mentions Trump Jr. turning it down.  Uh, not from anything I've read so far.  If anything, he sounded willing to listen but that she had nothing.

I agree. I don't think it was a set-up. Although that would add to the drama! This thing reads like a spy novel and you never know what it going to happen next. Just when CNN thinks they have their Aha! moment and found the proverbial smoking gun....it turns out to be just political as usual. You mentioned earlier the shoe being on the other foot......I remember the Whitewater scandal and time and again thinking, "this is it, no way are they getting round this" like when HRC made 100k in the futures market in 4 weeks. All the side shows are meaningless anyway. Nothing to stop Trump from pardoning everyone.

Well there's the other point someone made on ST which is that the Democrats don't want a smoking gun that would get Trump impeached.  They'd rather have Trump scrambling to put out fires and hamper his agenda, and boost their chances in the midterm election.  They know a real impeachment would give them Pence.

2017-07-12 4:51 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

This is a pretty good synopsis of the Don Jr. meeting.  The real scandal isn't that he took the meeting it's how the meeting was manufactured and how the Obama administration used it to spy on their political opponents.

Sorry I can't buy into the entrapment theory in that post.  If the president of the united states really wanted that to happen, he would've given her something big on Hillary's campaign, something the opposition couldn't resist.  And I think you'll all agree there was plenty of it.  Not to mention Obama could've done this at any time.  He had no great love of Hillary and could've sunk her campaign back when she was fighting Bernie if he was going to play dirty like that.  So why would Obama send this Russian lawyer into that kind of meeting with her hands empty?

And also that post mentions Trump Jr. turning it down.  Uh, not from anything I've read so far.  If anything, he sounded willing to listen but that she had nothing.

I agree. I don't think it was a set-up. Although that would add to the drama! This thing reads like a spy novel and you never know what it going to happen next. Just when CNN thinks they have their Aha! moment and found the proverbial smoking gun....it turns out to be just political as usual. You mentioned earlier the shoe being on the other foot......I remember the Whitewater scandal and time and again thinking, "this is it, no way are they getting round this" like when HRC made 100k in the futures market in 4 weeks. All the side shows are meaningless anyway. Nothing to stop Trump from pardoning everyone.

The part that makes it seem intentional to me is that this lady is a known Trump hater with several photo's of her at Trump hater rally's.  She's in the country illegally, but managed to get here somehow (ok, this could be explained for many reasons) and calls Don Jr. unsolicited with evidence of criminal activity of Clinton that could be useful.  Then shows up at the meeting and just starts talking about Russian adoption programs and Don Jr. gets up and walks out after 5 minutes because it's an obvious meeting set up under false pretenses.
Then within days she's pictured meeting with Obama's Russian Ambassador and sitting in a very prestigious front row position at a hearing.

There's something going on here, and I'm not necessarily saying Obama set this up, but it seems like somebody did.  There's no question it's straight up speculation that this meeting was used as justification for FISA warrants against the people at that meeting, but it did happen shortly after the meeting.
Another piece is that guy who broke the story was ranting on twitter about how he'd been working this story for over a year, so the media was tipped off shortly after the meeting as well.

It does indeed read like a spy novel. 

2017-07-12 4:56 PM
in reply to: spudone

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Well there's the other point someone made on ST which is that the Democrats don't want a smoking gun that would get Trump impeached.  They'd rather have Trump scrambling to put out fires and hamper his agenda, and boost their chances in the midterm election.  They know a real impeachment would give them Pence.

It is kind of an interesting balance.  They want to make Trump look as incompetent as possible, but not too incompetent for the exact Pence reason you mention.

The sad part is reality wants the DNC to come up with a winning strategy as to why we should vote for them.  It's good to know that Trumps pretty much a lock for 2020.  ;-

2017-07-12 4:56 PM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Pro

The part that makes it seem intentional to me is that this lady is a known Trump hater with several photo's of her at Trump hater rally's.  She's in the country illegally, but managed to get here somehow (ok, this could be explained for many reasons) and calls Don Jr. unsolicited with evidence of criminal activity of Clinton that could be useful.  Then shows up at the meeting and just starts talking about Russian adoption programs and Don Jr. gets up and walks out after 5 minutes because it's an obvious meeting set up under false pretenses.
Then within days she's pictured meeting with Obama's Russian Ambassador and sitting in a very prestigious front row position at a hearing.

There's something going on here, and I'm not necessarily saying Obama set this up, but it seems like somebody did.  There's no question it's straight up speculation that this meeting was used as justification for FISA warrants against the people at that meeting, but it did happen shortly after the meeting.
Another piece is that guy who broke the story was ranting on twitter about how he'd been working this story for over a year, so the media was tipped off shortly after the meeting as well.

It does indeed read like a spy novel. 

I don't know, I think it reads like one of those stories you do in a group circle where someone makes a statement and the next person repeats it. Before it comes back around the statement is so bastardized that nobody recognizes it.  HAHAHA!!! 

Just keep the hits coming and I'm happy.

2017-07-14 2:37 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama
"The world has never known anything like our community of nations. We write symphonies. We pursue innovation. We celebrate our ancient heroes, embrace our timeless traditions and customs, and always seek to explore and discover brand-new frontiers. We reward brilliance. We strive for excellence, and cherish inspiring works of art that honor God. We treasure the rule of law and protect the right to free speech and free expression. We empower women as pillars of our society and of our success. We put faith and family, not government and bureaucracy, at the center of our lives. And we debate everything. We challenge everything. We seek to know everything so that we can better know ourselves. And above all, we value the dignity of every human life, protect the rights of every person, and share the hope of every soul to live in freedom. That is who we are. Those are the priceless ties that bind us together as nations, as allies, and as a civilization." - President Donald Trump speech in Poland defending Western civilization, July 6, 2017
2017-07-17 11:05 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama
"Perhaps most striking is the music. Kid Rock plays straightforward American rock and roll. Scarborough sings Britpop retreads steeped in the sort of hipster self-regard that is unbecoming in a 20-year-old student at a small liberal arts college let alone in a middle-aged man." By Chris Buskirk| July 15, 2017

Ouch!

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Political Quote of the day Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

Quoting tweets

Started by Rogillio
Views: 963 Posts: 10

2017-06-23 4:38 AM RolandKinsley
RELATED ARTICLES
date : August 31, 2016
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
Female triathlete wonders if unprecedented back spasms are related to menstrual period.

date : July 31, 2016
author : Team BT
You're Ready...Is Your Bike? Common problems that ruin race day:
date : July 31, 2016
author : Team BT
Dos and Don'ts for the Transition Area and more...