Other Resources The Political Joe » When you see Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2017-06-12 10:44 AM

User image

Pro
Tejas
Subject: When you see
the chicken's face. Princess 1.0 is in Zhuhai for a cultural exchange and environmental study class. All the kids are really struggling with the food and seem to be ready to come home to gorge on burgers and pizza. They hit Hong Kong this weekend and apparently went on a big mac binge at McD's. She sent us these pics last night of her classmates at dinner.

(IMG_3896.JPG)

(IMG_3895.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
IMG_3896.JPG (203KB - 2 downloads)
IMG_3895.JPG (371KB - 1 downloads)

2017-06-12 10:45 AM
in reply to: mdg2003

User image

Pro
Tejas
Subject: RE: When you see
My youngest replied as follows. I had to laugh MAO!

(IMG_3894.PNG)

Attachments
----------------
IMG_3894.PNG (545KB - 1 downloads)
2017-06-12 11:07 AM

User image

Pro

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

2017-06-12 11:56 AM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Champion
Alabama
They should have tried the fish.

I had this in Japan a few years ago. Once you got past the visual, it was pretty good and surprisingly a lot of meat in the head. I was told to eat the eyeball too. I did but did not care for it. It was dry and kinda hard.

I think as part of the education of our young people in this country, we should send them all to a third world country and let them experience how others live in the world in the hope they will realize they were born on third base.

(IMG_0808.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
IMG_0808.JPG (92KB - 1 downloads)
2017-06-12 12:02 PM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Champion
Alabama
It is not just the far east/Pacific rim.....I took this pix in Paris last month. Not sure what the rationale is behind leaving the head and feat on the chicken.

As American we raise chicken fingers......much more humane. Although for breakfast we tend to eat embryotic chickens.....often partially raw.

(Chicken.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Chicken.jpg (71KB - 1 downloads)
2017-06-12 12:13 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama
OK one more....I was putting the bushhog on the tractor and fund a birds nest under the seat. My wife is visiting her family in NE so I sent her a picture and we text'd about it......

(IMG_0809.PNG)

(IMG_0806.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
IMG_0809.PNG (347KB - 1 downloads)
IMG_0806.JPG (155KB - 1 downloads)

2017-06-12 12:16 PM

User image

I'll start by saying I'm a picky eater. Always wished I wasn't but generally can't experiment with food. I went to china in college. I did have some great meals but also developed an appreciation for RICE ! That said, I long with my companions did the same thing in Hong Kong.
2017-06-12 1:05 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro

Originally posted by Rogillio OK one more....I was putting the bushhog on the tractor and fund a birds nest under the seat. My wife is visiting her family in NE so I sent her a picture and we text'd about it......

Thank God the little birds in the nests under and around my deck are just about ready to leave the nests so I can tear them down and clean up......every year my house turns into a damn robin and sparrow rookery.  It started when we first moved in 20 years ago and my wife resisted all efforts for me to tear down the nests as they were being built......then my daughters were born and eventually I lost any chance of out-voting them.  This year we had 6 successful nests and 20 chicks raised.  Four nests on top of the support posts of my deck, 1 on top of the door light on the deck, 1 on the outdoor speaker behind my garage.  Some years, the black snake that lives in our yard (about a 6-7 footer) gets into the nests and eats the eggs.  I haven't figured out why some years the snake doesn't bother them at all.  That snakes been around for 8-10 years.

Anyway.....I'm about done with the birdies for another year.

Edited by Left Brain 2017-06-12 1:06 PM
2017-06-12 1:22 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by Left Brain

Originally posted by Rogillio OK one more....I was putting the bushhog on the tractor and fund a birds nest under the seat. My wife is visiting her family in NE so I sent her a picture and we text'd about it......

Thank God the little birds in the nests under and around my deck are just about ready to leave the nests so I can tear them down and clean up......every year my house turns into a damn robin and sparrow rookery.  It started when we first moved in 20 years ago and my wife resisted all efforts for me to tear down the nests as they were being built......then my daughters were born and eventually I lost any chance of out-voting them.  This year we had 6 successful nests and 20 chicks raised.  Four nests on top of the support posts of my deck, 1 on top of the door light on the deck, 1 on the outdoor speaker behind my garage.  Some years, the black snake that lives in our yard (about a 6-7 footer) gets into the nests and eats the eggs.  I haven't figured out why some years the snake doesn't bother them at all.  That snakes been around for 8-10 years.

I had me boat in the front yard earlier this year and my wife told me she saw a bird flying in and out of the engine cowling. I pulled the cover off and there was a new home under construction. I cleaned it out. Two weeks later she said she saw another bid fly out of the engine. I cleaned it out again and went on-line and spend $50 on an engine cover from Amazon.

Side note.....when I was a kid in Louisiana....when I was about 10 years old, my brothers and I would go robin hunting with our 410s. We'd hunt all morning long and maybe get 2 dozen birds. We'd clean the birds (basically just pull out the piece of breast meet), roll the breast in flower and fry them.

So fast forward 10 years and I'm visiting a cousin in CT. My cousin and I were in a bar talking to some girls and got to talking about hunting. I made the mistake of telling this story. Big mistake. They got p)o'd and left! My cousin, shaking his head, then tells me the CT state bird is a robin. Ooops.

2017-06-12 1:37 PM

User image

Pro

Originally posted by Rogillio

I had me boat in the front yard earlier this year and my wife told me she saw a bird flying in and out of the engine cowling. I pulled the cover off and there was a new home under construction. I cleaned it out. Two weeks later she said she saw another bid fly out of the engine. I cleaned it out again and went on-line and spend $50 on an engine cover from Amazon. Side note.....when I was a kid in Louisiana....when I was about 10 years old, my brothers and I would go robin hunting with our 410s. We'd hunt all morning long and maybe get 2 dozen birds. We'd clean the birds (basically just pull out the piece of breast meet), roll the breast in flower and fry them. So fast forward 10 years and I'm visiting a cousin in CT. My cousin and I were in a bar talking to some girls and got to talking about hunting. I made the mistake of telling this story. Big mistake. They got p)o'd and left! My cousin, shaking his head, then tells me the CT state bird is a robin. Ooops.

.410's??  Hell, we used BB guns to kill them, and had to walk up the mountain both ways to get them back home.

2017-06-12 1:40 PM

Master
, California

I like Thai, Chinese food, etc... and we get plenty of good options up here in the pacific northwest.  But if that's all I eat for awhile - I really start to miss cheese of all things.  It's almost non-existent in those meals.

Send the kids to Italy for awhile

2017-06-12 1:48 PM
in reply to: spudone

User image

Pro

Originally posted by spudone

I like Thai, Chinese food, etc... and we get plenty of good options up here in the pacific northwest.  But if that's all I eat for awhile - I really start to miss cheese of all things.  It's almost non-existent in those meals.

But isn't Thai food and Chinese food that you get here in the states bastardized to some degree? Like you, I love Thai and Chinese food, and then someone always has to tell me, "well, you know, those foods here are NOT authentic like you get in China or Thailand".  (Sorry, I just wanted to finally be THAT guy

2017-06-12 2:07 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama

I had me boat in the front yard earlier this year and my wife told me she saw a bird flying in and out of the engine cowling. I pulled the cover off and there was a new home under construction. I cleaned it out. Two weeks later she said she saw another bid fly out of the engine. I cleaned it out again and went on-line and spend $50 on an engine cover from Amazon. Side note.....when I was a kid in Louisiana....when I was about 10 years old, my brothers and I would go robin hunting with our 410s. We'd hunt all morning long and maybe get 2 dozen birds. We'd clean the birds (basically just pull out the piece of breast meet), roll the breast in flower and fry them. So fast forward 10 years and I'm visiting a cousin in CT. My cousin and I were in a bar talking to some girls and got to talking about hunting. I made the mistake of telling this story. Big mistake. They got p)o'd and left! My cousin, shaking his head, then tells me the CT state bird is a robin. Ooops.

.410's??  Hell, we used BB guns to kill them, and had to walk up the mountain both ways to get them back home.

Well if we came home with less than 3 birds for each spent shell case mama would tan our hides......wait, that was the Orin, Tyrel and William Tell Sacket not me. Dem Sacket boys were something else!

2017-06-12 2:44 PM

Master
, California

Originally posted by spudone

But isn't Thai food and Chinese food that you get here in the states bastardized to some degree? Like you, I love Thai and Chinese food, and then someone always has to tell me, "well, you know, those foods here are NOT authentic like you get in China or Thailand".  (Sorry, I just wanted to finally be THAT guy

Oh no doubt some of it is.  But we have enough immigrants from the Pacific Rim that you can find authentic options pretty easily if you look for them.  Incl. Japanese and Indian restaurants too!

I can also go buy Pho from a noodle truck but, well,... what you said

2017-06-12 2:46 PM

User image

Pro
Tejas

You guys had guns? We's so poor I had to hunt with rocks.
2017-06-12 5:33 PM

User image

Pro
Tejas
Originally posted by mdg2003

You guys had guns? We's so poor I had to hunt with rocks.

Plus, we had to walk two counties over to steal those rocks from rich neighborhoods.. .

2017-06-22 8:01 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro
Tejas
My poor kid is in countdown mode to get the eff outa Asia. 48 hours to go and the whole class is homesick. Their professor has given up trying to get most of the kids to continue sampling the local fare and is allowing them to frequent the KFC just to get food in them! My daughter says her diet has been so poor that she's breaking out and bloated. She told us last night that she had a nightmare in which she got home and opened our refrigerator; only to find it full of rice! Claims she woke in a cold sweat.

Hopefully this will be an eyeopener for her classmates that don't travel as extensively as we do. She says most of them are spoiled little snowflakes, her words, that did nothing but complain about the US. Maybe this will trip/experience will alter that narrow-minded perception. My daughter always recognizes how good we have it in the US compared to other places we travel and is always glad to be home. She knew before going that food was going to be dicey since we visited Beijing last November, but it's been exponentially worse than she imagined it would be. She says everything is served family style on a lazy susan turntable and has vowed to flip the next she sees outside of China. Chopsticks only and claims to have not been able to procure a fork for her personal use, even a plastic one.

Edited by mdg2003 2017-06-22 8:04 AM
2017-06-22 9:50 AM

User image

Pro

Dude - I don't know how much food you currently have in your fridge.....but you're really missing the boat if you can't get most of it out of there and just leave a few containers of rice for her return.

2017-06-22 10:02 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama

Dude - I don't know how much food you currently have in your fridge.....but you're really missing the boat if you can't get most of it out of there and just leave a few containers of rice for her return.

That would be hilarious!! Put everything in the deep freezer or in ice chests. Then set up a discreet video camera to capture their reaction.
2017-06-22 12:33 PM

User image

Pro
Tejas

That would be hilarious!! Put everything in the deep freezer or in ice chests. Then set up a discreet video camera to capture their reaction.

Little sister already suggested we do just that. Pretty easy to make it happen as we have the spare fridge in the laundry room.
New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » When you see Rss Feed