General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » First timer Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2017-06-27 10:52 AM

Subject: First timer
Found this forum when looking for information for my first Sprint triathlon next month. This has already been a great resource and I can't wait to run my first race.

I have played sports my entire life and enjoy working out for the most part. The same workouts over and over began to get boring so I thought this was a good way to mixup my workouts and refocus myself. Open to any tips and suggestions that people have. Thanks.

2017-06-27 2:39 PM
in reply to: CbrMatt

User image

Master
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Bronze member
Subject: RE: First timer
2017-06-28 4:04 PM
in reply to: CbrMatt

Subject: RE: First timer
Originally posted by CbrMatt

Found this forum when looking for information for my first Sprint triathlon next month. This has already been a great resource and I can't wait to run my first race.

I have played sports my entire life and enjoy working out for the most part. The same workouts over and over began to get boring so I thought this was a good way to mixup my workouts and refocus myself. Open to any tips and suggestions that people have. Thanks.

Here's my pro-noob tips. I am, and will always be a noob at this.

There will be portapotties next to transition.
There'll be a huge line leading up to the race. Plan accordingly.
Remember though, if it's open water, you got plenty of opportunity there for some evacuations.

Read the race rules, read posts here and elsewhere about "etiquette" and stuff. It's good stuff to know. Binary stuff. Won't make you go faster or insure you finish. But it's stuff that'll keep you from feeling foolish on the day.

Oh, and prepare for a serious case of bike envy. Just remember, you only notice the flashy hot bikes. If you really look, many (maybe even most) will be no more or less than yours.

Enjoy the day. Welcome to the madness.
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » First timer Rss Feed