General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Blisters in arches when running barefoot Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2017-07-19 11:51 AM

User image

Subject: Blisters in arches when running barefoot
As the subject says, anytime I seem to run barefoot I get bad blisters on the inside of my feet right above the arch. It's almost lunchtime for most of the US so I'll do everyone a favor and not post a pic! Anyone else have this/have any suggestions? I tried to do a bike/run brick yesterday and my feet were sweaty before I put my run shoes on but after 1 mile I had to limp back to my car. I've also tried different shoes but I keep getting the same problem.

2017-07-19 11:53 AM
in reply to: TXTriRook

User image

Carbondale, Illinois
Subject: RE: Blisters in arches when running barefoot
Originally posted by TXTriRook

As the subject says, anytime I seem to run barefoot I get bad blisters on the inside of my feet right above the arch. It's almost lunchtime for most of the US so I'll do everyone a favor and not post a pic! Anyone else have this/have any suggestions? I tried to do a bike/run brick yesterday and my feet were sweaty before I put my run shoes on but after 1 mile I had to limp back to my car. I've also tried different shoes but I keep getting the same problem.

To clarify, by barefoot you mean sans socks, not without shoes. Right?
2017-07-19 1:25 PM
in reply to: drfoodlove

User image

Yes - I see that's confusing now . No socks in my running shoes is what I mean.
2017-07-19 2:01 PM

User image

That makes more sense. I've tried running without socks on while wearing shoes, and I always get blisters, too. I found that lightweight moisture wicking socks always do the trick - keep my feet dry and blister free.

The blisters are probably caused by your feet moving around ever so slightly in your shoes while they're sweaty, which is the perfect recipe for blisters.
2017-07-19 2:35 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Langley, BC, 'Wet Coast' Canada
Can I ask if you are running sockless to speedup the T1 process?
If so, I recently came across a post elsewhere on the net where the poster shared his solution. He had taken out the insole, covered it with a very thin sock, and placed it back into his shoe. (basically , he stuffed the insole into a sock so that the foot opening of the sock would be on the underside of the insole when it was put back into the shoe. He may have cut off a portion of the sock around the ankle cuff to maintain a very thin and non-bumpy innersole...)
The result was a shoe with a sock-covered inner for the bottom of his foot, and he claimed that he could then slide his foot in quickly and run from T1, and the blister problem was gone.

You might try a dab of Vaseline on the insole, instead ....

2017-07-19 2:50 PM
in reply to: triosaurus

User image

Originally posted by triosaurus

Can I ask if you are running sockless to speedup the T1 process?
If so, I recently came across a post elsewhere on the net where the poster shared his solution. He had taken out the insole, covered it with a very thin sock, and placed it back into his shoe. (basically , he stuffed the insole into a sock so that the foot opening of the sock would be on the underside of the insole when it was put back into the shoe. He may have cut off a portion of the sock around the ankle cuff to maintain a very thin and non-bumpy innersole...)
The result was a shoe with a sock-covered inner for the bottom of his foot, and he claimed that he could then slide his foot in quickly and run from T1, and the blister problem was gone.

You might try a dab of Vaseline on the insole, instead ....

Yes, it's to speed up T2. I'm fine not wearing socks with my bike shoes but as someone else stated, must be the slight shifting in my run shoe that's causing the problem. Most people I see at races seem to run sockless. I'll look into the sock cutting, thanks for the suggestion.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Blisters in arches when running barefoot Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

23 year old with stabbing foot pain in mid arch for almost 5 years

Started by bluedusk42
Views: 2716 Posts: 4

2018-03-07 8:34 PM Oysterboy

foot tattoo and run/bike

Started by meggfishy
Views: 4138 Posts: 6

2017-03-09 3:28 PM joyfulcricket

Plantar warts interfering with run training

Started by nelson24
Views: 4643 Posts: 6