Other Resources The Political Joe » Senator McCain Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2017-07-20 2:13 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama
Subject: Senator McCain
Dear Senator John McCain,

Stay down! Don't go back to DC. Spend quality time with your wife and children and grandchildren etc. You are 80 years old and have served your country your entire life. You've earned some family time....let someone else serve.....let a real conservative take your seat...it's the best way you can serve your country right now. The GOP governor in your state will appoint a conservative to serve in your stead.

Thank you for your service

Rogillio

Having said that, I have 2 caveats. 1. I support term limits for congress. Two terms for Senators 4 terms for the House. McCain represents, part and parcel the problem with career politicians. They get too much power within their party and they become arrogant and out of touch with real people.

Second caveat. People should retire as soon as they are financially able to retire! Make room for young people entering the workforce. Retire! Enjoy being a senior and give something back to society! Build houses for Habitat for Humanity, become a big brother or sister, work at the downtown rescue mission, be a foster parent, volunteer at church. Mentor young people. Plant a garden. Get some exercise and some fresh air and sunshine. Focus on getting/staying healthy so you pisz away your life savings trying to eek out 6 more months while bedridden in a hospital bed or nursing home.

That second caveat is a pet peeve of mine. Several years ago my company was having layoffs and lot of young people got laid off. We had a guy in our group that had a pension from some other company, was drawing a salary from our current job, because of this age, he was also drawing a pension from our current company as well as his 401 mandatory withdrawal and social security. He was like 79 years old. So a fellow engineer buddy of mine, who was like 35 years old and had 5 children was getting laid off. And this old fart bat rastard was always bragging about how he was making so much money he didn't know what to do with it all. I had few suggestion for what he could do with all that money...but I never told him.

2017-07-20 2:27 PM
in reply to: Rogillio

Master
, California
Subject: RE: Senator McCain

Sounds like he has already been at the Mayo Clinic in Arizona so at least his family got to see him right away.

I know this is a bad diagnosis but I'm hoping he'll have remission for awhile.

I don't have an opinion either way on whether he should continue work or not.  If he's mentally ok then I guess that's his choice.  The guy honestly loves serving his nation and seems like he'd be a little lost living the retired life.  I think he also has some affinity for Maryland, dating back to his days at the Naval Academy, and he still has a residence in Arlington.

That said, he certainly hasn't *needed* to work pretty much ever, considering his wife's fortune.

2017-07-20 9:54 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro
Originally posted by Second caveat. People should retire as soon as they are financially able to retire! Make room for young people entering the workforce. Retire! Enjoy being a senior and give something back to society! Build houses for Habitat for Humanity, become a big brother or sister, work at the downtown rescue mission, be a foster parent, volunteer at church. Mentor young people. Plant a garden. Get some exercise and some fresh air and sunshine. Focus on getting/staying healthy so you pisz away your life savings trying to eek out 6 more months while bedridden in a hospital bed or nursing home
You're crazy.......I'm going fishing....with no cell phone.

Edited by Left Brain 2017-07-20 9:56 PM
2017-07-24 9:59 AM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by Left Brain

Originally posted by Second caveat. People should retire as soon as they are financially able to retire! Make room for young people entering the workforce. Retire! Enjoy being a senior and give something back to society! Build houses for Habitat for Humanity, become a big brother or sister, work at the downtown rescue mission, be a foster parent, volunteer at church. Mentor young people. Plant a garden. Get some exercise and some fresh air and sunshine. Focus on getting/staying healthy so you pisz away your life savings trying to eek out 6 more months while bedridden in a hospital bed or nursing home

Years ago there was an article in RV Magazine talking about early retirement. The question they addressed is, "Will I be bored when I retire". The conclusion was "It depends". If you only have one ore two hobbies, you will be bored. So if you only outside-of-work activity is golf, you are in trouble and will be bore retiring early.

But if you like hunting, fishing, golfing, hiking, biking, swimming, boating, camping, gardening, crafting beer, woodworking, blacksmithing, SCUBA diving, bird watching, pottery, sculpting, reading, writing, photography, traveling, cooking, carpentry, etc you will be fine. OK, those are just some of my hobbies but the point in you need multiple interests and activities.
2017-07-24 3:11 PM

User image

Pro

Originally posted by Rogillio
Years ago there was an article in RV Magazine talking about early retirement. The question they addressed is, "Will I be bored when I retire". The conclusion was "It depends". If you only have one ore two hobbies, you will be bored. So if you only outside-of-work activity is golf, you are in trouble and will be bore retiring early. But if you like hunting, fishing, golfing, hiking, biking, swimming, boating, camping, gardening, crafting beer, woodworking, blacksmithing, SCUBA diving, bird watching, pottery, sculpting, reading, writing, photography, traveling, cooking, carpentry, etc you will be fine. OK, those are just some of my hobbies but the point in you need multiple interests and activities.

I agree.....there is bass fishing, crappie fishing, walleye fishing, deep seas fishing, trout fishing, fishing from a boat, wade fishing, bank fishing, fishing in canada, south america, and all across the country.    Bored??  Dude, to top it all of I'll get to smoke weed for the first time in 35 years.......I don't think bored is going to be an issue my friend.  Tired and hungry with the munchies maybe......but not bored. 

Edited by Left Brain 2017-07-24 3:12 PM
2017-07-24 3:52 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama

Years ago there was an article in RV Magazine talking about early retirement. The question they addressed is, "Will I be bored when I retire". The conclusion was "It depends". If you only have one ore two hobbies, you will be bored. So if you only outside-of-work activity is golf, you are in trouble and will be bore retiring early. But if you like hunting, fishing, golfing, hiking, biking, swimming, boating, camping, gardening, crafting beer, woodworking, blacksmithing, SCUBA diving, bird watching, pottery, sculpting, reading, writing, photography, traveling, cooking, carpentry, etc you will be fine. OK, those are just some of my hobbies but the point in you need multiple interests and activities.

I agree.....there is bass fishing, crappie fishing, walleye fishing, deep seas fishing, trout fishing, fishing from a boat, wade fishing, bank fishing, fishing in canada, south america, and all across the country.    Bored??  Dude, to top it all of I'll get to smoke weed for the first time in 35 years.......I don't think bored is going to be an issue my friend.  Tired and hungry with the munchies maybe......but not bored. 

Very good forest, how many different ways are there to cook shrimp?

A few months ago I was on a fish diet. I started listing various type or fish and I was amazed! Not only are there many different kinds of fish they are mostly unique in taste and texture. Think of how many of these fish you could identify by taste:

tuna
bass
crappie
carp
buffalo
bluegill
mud cat
blue cat
spoonbill cat
salmon
pike
trout
gar

mahi-mahi
red fish
sea bass
herring
cod
talipia
orange roughy
sword fish
sole
flounder
mullet
shark
mackerel
sheeps head
shrimp
scallops

Edited by Rogillio 2017-07-24 4:02 PM

2017-07-24 3:57 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama

Did I tell you I am going fishing to Suriname (northeast top of SA) this November? College buddy/stock broker friend of mine was born in Suriname. We will fly down, spend a day in the capitol then take a charter flight into the jungle.

Attachments
----------------
Suriname Fishing Trip.docx (276KB - 5 downloads)
2017-07-24 11:09 PM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Pro

Did I tell you I am going fishing to Suriname (northeast top of SA) this November? College buddy/stock broker friend of mine was born in Suriname. We will fly down, spend a day in the capitol then take a charter flight into the jungle.

I see they have some kind of crazy big catfish down there......you going after them?  Or Pirhana?  That's a crazy trip.......I'm a fish eater, it's the 2nd most important part of fishing in my mind (the first being the "just leave me alone" factor)....any fish worth eating there?

2017-07-25 8:50 AM

User image

Pro
Tejas
Peacock bass? I lived in Venezuela when I was a kid. My father and some buddies went there for business( think it was called Dutch Guyana at the time) and took a side trip fishing peacock bass while over there. They had a blast and talked about that trip all the time. Apparently the bugs and snakes they encountered while in the jungle were the stuff of legend, so bring your boots and watch where you put your hands! Post up some pics when you get back.

If you're doing deep sea, there's some pretty good bill fishing on the north coast of SA. I caught my first and only dolphinfish (dorado, mahi mahi) on one of those trips. The dads got the billfish and us kiddos got to fight whatever else got hooked up. The crew chopped that sucker up and served us fresh ceviche over popcorn for lunch. I remember the variety of boats we chartered ran the gamut from really nice to 'I hope this POS makes it back to shore' so make certain of what you're chartering before you plunk down the $$.
New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Senator McCain Rss Feed