Other Resources The Political Joe » Saber rattling..... Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2017-08-08 3:06 PM

User image

Pro
Subject: Saber rattling.....

"North Korea best not make any more threats to the United States. They will be met with fire and fury like the world has never seen... he has been very threatening beyond a normal state. They will be met with fire, fury and frankly power the likes of which this world has never seen before," - President Trump.

I'm no expert, and certainly there is time for cooler heads to prevail, but I don't think it's going to take much of a spark to get a really big fire rolling.....and it doesn't help that one of the leaders is a complete nut job and the other is a hothead.....no comment on who is who.

2017-08-08 3:51 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland
Subject: RE: Saber rattling.....

Does he not quite get that they can devastate Seoul immediately?

2017-08-08 4:40 PM
in reply to: dmiller5

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by dmiller5

I'm sure he knows exactly the timeline and what would happen once the balloon goes up. NK has tens of thousands of artillery guns capable of reaching Soule and many lives would be lost. From 7 September 1940, London was systematically bombed by the Luftwaffe for 56 out of the following 57 days and nights.

Pretty scary.

But think about this.....in 1945 the US dropped one bomb on Hiroshima and instantly killed 70,000 people. This was a hydrogen bomb where a hydrogen atom was split.....it was measured in kilo-tons for the equivalency to tons of TNT. Todays nuclear weapons spit no the atom but the nucleolus of the atom and are measured in mega-tons.....1,000x or three orders of magnitude more powerful than kilo-ton bombs.

Pretty scary.

IMO, this is reaching a breaking point. I feel like the US has just stood by and watched the NK develop the missiles and the bombs it needs to attack the US. This is like watching a gun man carefully load his revolver and you stand there and wonder if he is really going to shoot your or not?

I do not advocate an all out attack. I think maybe we drop a MOAB on top of their nuclear facility and see how they react.....
2017-08-08 8:30 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro

Does the other guy not quite get that we can level his country immediately?

That's where we are here.

This country cannot sit by and let N. Korea develop nuclear warhead equipped ICBM's.  The same as Israel cannot let Iran develop a nuclear weapon.  hTe reason is both countries (N Korea and Iran)  have expressed an interest in destroying another country. 

Obviously I don't have access to any intelligence that the US and Israel have......but if it says those countries are ready with a bomb, AND THEY CONTINUE TO THREATEN US.......I'll support ANY measure to stop them.

Edited by Left Brain 2017-08-08 8:31 PM
2017-08-08 9:27 PM

User image

Pro
Tejas
I thought the correct spelling was sabre. ... .
2017-08-08 9:47 PM
in reply to: mdg2003

User image

Pro

Originally posted by mdg2003 I thought the correct spelling was sabre. ... .

She says no.

(saber.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
saber.jpg (11KB - 0 downloads)

2017-08-09 7:34 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro
Tejas
Them's broadswords. She wouldn't know a sabre if someone walked up and slapped her on the fanny with one.

Is calling them broadswords sexist since it's a woman wielding them? Maybe they should be called big azz swords in this case?

ETA - Apple spell check disagrees with me and keeps trying to change it to saber...

Edited by mdg2003 2017-08-09 7:35 AM
2017-08-09 8:46 AM
in reply to: mdg2003

User image

Pro

Originally posted by mdg2003 Them's broadswords. She wouldn't know a sabre if someone walked up and slapped her on the fanny with one. Is calling them broadswords sexist since it's a woman wielding them? Maybe they should be called big azz swords in this case? ETA - Apple spell check disagrees with me and keeps trying to change it to saber...

That's what happened to me......yeah.......that's the story.

2017-08-09 9:39 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama
The thing is, we have been calling it 'saber rattling' and yet he continues to develop better missiles with longer range. It wasn't saber ratting when he test fired these long range missiles....it was development test use to refine their design and control algorithms.

How do you get in the mind of someone who from birth was told he is deity? At what point do we say "ok, I don't think he is bluffing".

The world just imposed 1 billion dollars of sanctions on NK.....about 1/3 of their imports cut off! Back someone into a corner far enough and they will either fold or drop it in drive and floor it ala Thema and Louise.

War story time. I was about 16 or 17 and sound asleep at 2 am when I hear my dad yelling for me to call the police. I picked up the phone as some goon comes into my bedroom. He had his hand and his pocket and I'm sure he had a gun. I recognized the man at Hathaway - a man my dad had publically caught cheating at poker. Hathaway was humiliated and swore revenge on dad.

Dad had been asleep on the couch and when he awoke there was a big goon holding a Bowie knife on his throat. He was Hathaway's goon. Dad said he instinctively raised his knees towards his chest to try to back away from the knife. The big goon said, "Put your legs down or I'll cut your f'ing throat." Hathaway started ranting against dad but dad was focused on that knife. He again raised his legs and again the big goon told he was gonna cut his throat.

Dad decided he was not just going to lay there and be killed. So he saw and opportunity go grab the guys arm and managed to get up off the couch. We had a pool table in the living room and he grabbed the first weapons he could find, two pool balls. So this goon is holding a Bowie knife and dad is holding two pool balls. Dad told his he was going to bury the poll balls in the man's skull. So they were at a stand off. That is when dad called to me to call the cops.

Good memories. :-) Point is, back someone into a corner hard enough and you might regret it.....

2017-08-09 1:14 PM

Master
, California

Originally posted by dmiller5Does he not quite get that they can devastate Seoul immediately?

One of the bad side effects of having U.S. troops guarding the DMZ is that Seoul has done *nothing* since the armistice to prepare for the eventuality of more fighting.  Most of the people there don't even think it's a possibility.

For Rog:

But think about this.....in 1945 the US dropped one bomb on Hiroshima and instantly killed 70,000 people. This was a hydrogen bomb where a hydrogen atom was split.....it was measured in kilo-tons for the equivalency to tons of TNT. Todays nuclear weapons spit no the atom but the nucleolus of the atom and are measured in mega-tons.....1,000x or three orders of magnitude more powerful than kilo-ton bombs.

Just a minor nitpick, the two bombs dropped on Japan were fission weapons, 1 was uranium and the other plutonium.  It's the modern ones that are fusion (hydrogen) bombs.  But yeah the power increase is true.

2017-08-10 8:27 AM

User image

Champion
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Bronze member

Doesn't he consider that Seoul's problem, not his?  

2017-08-10 11:05 AM
in reply to: McFuzz

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by McFuzz

Doesn't he consider that Seoul's problem, not his?  

Isn't it? At the end of the Korean War the population of Seoul was about 1.5 million.....over the last 60 years the population has grown to about 25 million.....all the while knowing they are within artillery range of NK across the DMZ.

I was in Seoul in the late 1980s and as I walked down the streets in uniform I could hear young people yelling at me, "FU GI! Go home!!" I was shocked as I thought they loved us. Turn out the older generation does love us because they know what America did for their country. They honor US servicemen. But the younger generation(s) see us as occupying their country.

My question is, how long is our commitment to SK to protect them from NK? At what point do we stop spending our grandchildren's money on foreign country's defense.

It NK attacks the US territory of Guam, we can't retaliate because NK is holding a gun to SK's head?
2017-08-10 2:47 PM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

lets get out of afghanistan first

2017-08-10 5:41 PM

User image

Regular
I am not a huge Trump supporter, but I laugh at the folks trying to blame this whole situation on him. This has been going on for years and many previous administrations.
New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Saber rattling..... Rss Feed