General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Ciao people! Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2017-08-09 10:31 AM

User image

Kingston Upon Thames, England
Subject: Ciao people!
Hi, I'm a 47 year old living in the UK, originally from New Zealand. I have just booked my 1st triathlon/Ironman next year in June. Nice, France 140.6
I have never entered or completed in a triathlon. My past athlete experience is an able cyclist for the past 10 years +, cycling in European events such as Sportives like La Marmotte. My experience includes riding in Dolomites, Alpes, Pyrenees my favorite areas such as Stelvio, Mortirolo and Largo di Naret and at UK club level. Before that I stopped sport for close to 10 years due to been a bit lazy, study and work commitments! Before this I was a competitive cross country runner in NZ.

Unfortunately I had an unexpected out of hospital cardiac arrest in 2015 that practically left me dead and I was saved by 2 off duty Doctors, turned out my LAD artery was blocked (other arteries clean), I have an implanted stent. A year after my HA, I competed in a hard mountainous Morzine, France cycling event and finished very respectable for my age. Now I feel very fit with a very good diet, I think! am ready to take on my next adventure, full Ironman in Nice. I picked Nice due to the cycling course which suits an able cyclist with a good amount of climbing and fast decending. Swim and marathon is new to me, I've only ever ran a half marathon a long time ago. What inspired me to compete an Ironman; a new challenge away for only cycling and fond memories I have when I was 20 and young!! in NZ watching the "Ironwar" between Mark Allen and Dave Scott on TV.....and my enjoyment of running.

Looking for training advice, nutrition advice, technical equipment ideas and general tri tips.....to train as hard and as smart as possible.

Edited by mortirolo 2017-08-09 10:34 AM

2017-08-11 2:29 AM
in reply to: mortirolo

User image

, Kronobergs lan
Subject: RE: Ciao people!
Welcome and good luck with your training!
2017-08-11 5:59 AM
in reply to: Rollergirl

User image

Kingston Upon Thames, England
Thank you!
2017-08-16 6:11 AM
in reply to: mortirolo

User image

Lierskogen, Buskerud
Welcome from another expat (American living in Norway )

A 140.6 in Nice would be amazing!!! I'll need to look into that one!

You'll find great tips and advice here (I have), and the training plans are great too. BT offers some free ones, and for a memebership fee, you get access to all of their plans.

I would recommend you join a Mentor Group and jump into the conversation on Triathlon Talk. Folks here are freindly and very helpful!!

Good luck with your 140.6
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Ciao people! Rss Feed