Site Issues Training Log & Site Support » Upload issues Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 3

2017-08-17 9:56 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area
Subject: Upload issues

Have you noticed any problems in the logs with uploads? A lot of people in our mentor group are experiencing problems with items not being imported at all or being imported hours  and hours later. This is a big issue for people and is causing an increase in other platforms. If BT is going to be a site for hosting training logs, it needs to have rock solid importing.

2017-08-17 12:56 PM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Master
Columbus, Ohio
Coaching member
Subject: RE: Upload issues
Thanks for letting me know.
I have not received anything from the support forum or support emails from anyone, so I had no idea this was a problem.
I upload from my Garmin to my phone and usually don't check my logs until later, so I didn't notice if this was happening to me.

Have you had the same problem? I need to get a username of someone who is having this issue so we can view the error logs and the actions happening in the background and see what the problem is.
2017-08-18 7:52 AM
in reply to: alicefoeller

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by alicefoeller Thanks for letting me know. I have not received anything from the support forum or support emails from anyone, so I had no idea this was a problem. I upload from my Garmin to my phone and usually don't check my logs until later, so I didn't notice if this was happening to me. Have you had the same problem? I need to get a username of someone who is having this issue so we can view the error logs and the actions happening in the background and see what the problem is.

It does happen to me from time to time but only about once a week.  These to people seem to be having errors a lot and it;s been going on for quite some time.

Ann-Marie(amd723)

Lisa (lisac957)

2017-08-21 9:35 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Also, the workout detail always says Error in Loading Data for the heart rate zones. When I click on "More details." It shows the zones so I know that they are there.

This is true for both bike and run workouts.

Again, if BT wants to be a training log site, the training logs have to work.

2017-08-21 1:26 PM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

I don't know if this is related, but I had a double upload today. I deleted one of them before I thought about it. If it happens again I'll hang on to it and let you know that it did.

2017-08-21 4:00 PM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Master
Columbus, Ohio
Coaching member
Thanks for all of the information!

We are dedicated to having a reliable platform, AND we can't fix things we don't know are broken, so we depend on reports from users when there are problems. Thank you.

2017-08-22 1:38 PM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by cdban66

I don't know if this is related, but I had a double upload today. I deleted one of them before I thought about it. If it happens again I'll hang on to it and let you know that it did.

I've been getting several double uploads as well.

2017-08-28 7:56 AM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member

Originally posted by rrrunner

Originally posted by cdban66

I've been getting several double uploads as well.

This happened to me yesterday, it synched from Garmin Connect twice.  I deleted the 2nd instance.

This morning I tried to upload a Trainer Road workout in Device Upload and got the "Oops!  Something's gone wrong" message.  I uploaded it to GC instead and it seems to have synched over here fine.

2017-08-28 9:49 AM
in reply to: jmhpsu93

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Since we are talking upload issues, at some point in time, something changed in the way BT imports information from my Garmin Swim. It used to always get the moving time (I view this as correct) and some months back, it started to import the elapsed time instead. I know that Garmin's XML might not be consistent but surely the field name for elapsed time is consistent?  Anywho, I'v been changing the time to moving time since the import changed.  Then last Friday (8/25), moving time imported.  I thought, "Yeah! BT is working on the import problems and they fixed my Garmin Swim import issue at the same time!" Then, this morning, it brought in elapsed time again.  This sort of inconsistency in the uploading feature is a problem. I don't just mean for this edge case, I mean in general. The upload should be reliable. It should be consistent. Dependable.

2017-08-28 2:16 PM

User image

Veteran
Fort Wayne, Indiana

jmkizer, thanks, we'll check into those specific workout uploads and see what the difference is.

Also if you get any more duplicate uploads, please post back. Just the date and type of workout is sufficient, the rest can be located in the log files.

There is sometimes a delay of a minute or two while uploads are processed, but it is rarely greater than a few minutes. If you're seeing a delay of hours, we'd want to know specifics about that as well. It could be a delay on us waiting for Garmin Connect to send the workout. There are currently no indications that BT is taking hours to process an upload.

Some changes were uploaded recently that will hopefully address the occasional duplicate workout, but we'll wait to hear back before writing that issue off.

2017-08-28 3:29 PM
in reply to: Matt

User image

Veteran
Fort Wayne, Indiana

>  It used to always get the moving time (I view this as correct) and some months back, it started to import the elapsed time instead

A change has been uploaded reverting the elapsed time for Garmin Swim devices to use moving time. I verified against your 24th and 25th swim workouts and the new calculation resulted in 1:12 ~ 1:17. I think this might be closer to what you are expecting.

Thanks, we're still investigating the other issues reported in this thread.

2017-08-28 5:14 PM
in reply to: alicefoeller

User image

Master
Orlando
Originally posted by alicefoellerThanks for all of the information!We are dedicated to having a reliable platform, AND we can't fix things we don't know are broken, so we depend on reports from users when there are problems. Thank you.
I am one of the people having serious issues with getting my workouts uploaded! For the last several months BT only sporadically- like 1x per month maybe uploads my workouts. The workouts load without issue to Strava and training peaks.
2017-08-28 8:15 PM

User image

Veteran
Fort Wayne, Indiana

> Also, the workout detail always says Error in Loading Data for the heart rate zones

This has been corrected and should be visible for all your uploaded workouts. Would you mind verifying?

2017-08-28 8:16 PM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Veteran
Fort Wayne, Indiana

> For the last several months BT only sporadically- like 1x per month maybe uploads my workouts. The workouts load without issue to Strava and training peaks. 

We'll check our logs and see what the deal is. Thanks for the report

2017-08-28 10:07 PM

User image

Veteran
Fort Wayne, Indiana

> For the last several months BT only sporadically- like 1x per month maybe uploads my workouts. The workouts load without issue to Strava and training peaks. 

The only file that was uploaded on August 16th from Garmin Connect was the run that was added to your log file. We don't have any record of any other file coming from them.

If you can, email the .FIT file to [email protected] in reference to this thread and we'll see if there's anything unusual about the data itself.

Are there any other specific dates I could check for? It is strange that we have no record of any other upload. I am not sure what could cause that unless GC is simply not sending some of the workouts. We'll keep investigating.

2017-08-29 4:25 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by Matt

The only file that was uploaded on August 16th from Garmin Connect was the run that was added to your log file. We don't have any record of any other file coming from them.

If you can, email the .FIT file to [email protected] in reference to this thread and we'll see if there's anything unusual about the data itself.

Are there any other specific dates I could check for? It is strange that we have no record of any other upload. I am not sure what could cause that unless GC is simply not sending some of the workouts. We'll keep investigating.

I would do that except I don't know what that is or where to get it!

ETA: I just emailed what I hope is one of the .fit files from my workouts to support.  I can't guarantee I did it right!

Edited by amd723 2017-08-29 4:36 AM

2017-08-29 10:28 AM

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member

> Also, the workout detail always says Error in Loading Data for the heart rate zones

This has been corrected and should be visible for all your uploaded workouts. Would you mind verifying?

I checked mine (both bike and run) and they look fine for today's uploads (or synchs from Garmin Connect, more specifically).

2017-08-30 3:31 PM
in reply to: jmhpsu93

User image

Veteran
Fort Wayne, Indiana

> ETA: I just emailed what I hope is one of the .fit files from my workouts to support.  I can't guarantee I did it right!

I'm not sure it came through -- but in any case, can you be sure to post back if you discover any more workouts didn't upload? (The same if anyone else notices a large delay in sync coming from Garmin Connect or Tapiriik)

Thanks!

2017-08-30 3:33 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

> ETA: I just emailed what I hope is one of the .fit files from my workouts to support.  I can't guarantee I did it right!

I'm not sure it came through -- but in any case, can you be sure to post back if you discover any more workouts didn't upload? (The same if anyone else notices a large delay in sync coming from Garmin Connect or Tapiriik)

Thanks!

my bike today didn't upload, swims yesterday didn't upload, run yesterday didn't upload etc. only thing that uploaded was today's run. What I have found is if my workout doesn't upload to strava for some reason, it will to BT. My run didn't upload to strava today, so it did to BT. 

2017-08-30 7:52 PM

User image

Veteran
Fort Wayne, Indiana

Originally posted by amd723

my bike today didn't upload, swims yesterday didn't upload, run yesterday didn't upload etc. only thing that uploaded was today's run. What I have found is if my workout doesn't upload to strava for some reason, it will to BT. My run didn't upload to strava today, so it did to BT. 

Looking in our log files, I only see an upload on the 30th

Recieved:
8/30/2017 10:47:27 AM

Processed:
8/30/2017 10:47:42 AM

The next most recent uploads were on the 27th and 23rd

You mention you are also having occasional issues with Strava and that they're inverted. If it gets to Strava, BT doesn't receive it and vice versa. This has me thinking it's a Garmin Connect issue. Have you opened a support ticket with them? Is anyone else having similar issues?

We have a developer connection that I can contact in a pinch, but it might be more productive if you were able to contact them with the information you've communicated here.

*edit*

Actually, I'll try contacting them as well. But for best results, I think you should contact GC from your account as well, so they have an actual account they can work from.

2017-08-31 3:29 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Recieved:

Processed:

You mention you are also having occasional issues with Strava and that they're inverted. If it gets to Strava, BT doesn't receive it and vice versa. This has me thinking it's a Garmin Connect issue. Have you opened a support ticket with them? Is anyone else having similar issues?

We have a developer connection that I can contact in a pinch, but it might be more productive if you were able to contact them with the information you've communicated here.

*edit*

Actually, I'll try contacting them as well. But for best results, I think you should contact GC from your account as well, so they have an actual account they can work from.

Ok, will do. Thanks

2017-08-31 7:39 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Recieved:

Processed:

*edit*

I contacted Garmin and this was the response:  Linking third-party accounts to Garmin Connect allows them to come into Connect and take the information that they need; Connect does not send any data out; therefore, if you see your activities on Connect and the accounts are successfully linked, the issue is not on our end.

Since my workouts get to Strava and TP and at times BT, my settings don't seem to be the issue.

2017-09-01 12:02 AM

User image

Veteran
Fort Wayne, Indiana

Well that is just totally incorrect on their part. BT receives push notifications from Garmin, not the other way around. We depend on them to send us updates.

I'm still working on this, but it sounds like Strava is experiencing the same thing. Or is that not the case any more?

Maybe they've changed their backend system and are now encouraging a pull methodology, but we are currently 100% absolutely on a "send us updates when they occur" system. It could be that they've updated their workflow and I didn't get word of it, and this bug is on a system they don't support any longer.

We'll get it figured out. Thanks for the updates!

2017-09-01 5:38 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Well that is just totally incorrect on their part. BT receives push notifications from Garmin, not the other way around. We depend on them to send us updates.

I'm still working on this, but it sounds like Strava is experiencing the same thing. Or is that not the case any more?

Maybe they've changed their backend system and are now encouraging a pull methodology, but we are currently 100% absolutely on a "send us updates when they occur" system. It could be that they've updated their workflow and I didn't get word of it, and this bug is on a system they don't support any longer.

The situation when my run doesn't upload to strava, but does to BT is when I'm doing a brick workout using the trainer. i have the trainer workout loaded on my ipad and my phone is with me, but blue tooth is off. I am not using my watch to record anything.  I finish the bike and it immediately uploads to strava and training peaks.  I then go for a run. When I get back i turn my bluetooth on, run does not upload to strava or TP, but BT has it. 

ETA: if i turn on the phone blue tooth before running, the run uploads to TP and strava and not BT. 

Edited by amd723 2017-09-01 5:39 AM
2017-09-01 6:42 AM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

The situation when my run doesn't upload to strava, but does to BT is when I'm doing a brick workout using the trainer. i have the trainer workout loaded on my ipad and my phone is with me, but blue tooth is off. I am not using my watch to record anything.  I finish the bike and it immediately uploads to strava and training peaks.  I then go for a run. When I get back i turn my bluetooth on, run does not upload to strava or TP, but BT has it. 

ETA: if i turn on the phone blue tooth before running, the run uploads to TP and strava and not BT. 

But it's always getting to Garmin Connect and Training Peaks?

New Thread
Site Issues Training Log & Site Support » Upload issues Rss Feed  

of 3

RELATED POSTS

Manual Upload giving an error

Started by jldicarlo
Views: 2405 Posts: 19

2017-04-11 2:47 PM alicefoeller

Upload workout to Garmin Connect

Started by tmespo
Views: 3118 Posts: 2

2016-11-06 7:58 PM alicefoeller

Power not uploading

Started by jmhpsu93
Views: 791 Posts: 4

2016-11-04 10:55 AM alicefoeller
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 31, 2017
author : alicefoeller
comments : 0
Did you know you can sync once and include Training Peaks, BT, Strava and more?