General Discussion Triathlon Talk » And I crashed! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2017-08-19 11:24 AM

User image

Subject: And I crashed!
Sorry BT, need to vent. I just did a tune up sprint for Chicago. I crashed 9 miles in the bike. I was flying going around a corner and my rear tire just skidded. I found myself in a barrel roll with my bike. My shoulder blade took the worst. I'm getting checked out now. Waiting on results of xrays. I feel like it's just bruises (ego and bones) with a bit of road rash. My wife doesn't want me venting since I picked up triathlon to avoid rugby injuries. I felt so great I was in the top 10-15 at the time and am just hoping for the doc to say"rest a few days, nothing is broken"

2017-08-19 11:29 AM
in reply to: jnuger

User image

Bronze member
Subject: RE: And I crashed!

Hope nothing is broken (including the bike) and you heal quickly! 

2017-08-19 12:19 PM
in reply to: #5226563

User image

No brake in the bones! The bike needed a new tire and wheel (totally trashed, could not be straightened). Yes, I stopped at the bike shop before I went to the doctor. Bike is fixed already. Tech said "wow, you must have been going really fast to bend it this much." That's a win. I guess just rest tomorrow or try to light run out some soreness?
2017-08-19 2:17 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Veteran
Grapevine, TX
Originally posted by jnuger

Sorry BT, need to vent. I just did a tune up sprint for Chicago. I crashed 9 miles in the bike. I was flying going around a corner and my rear tire just skidded. I found myself in a barrel roll with my bike. My shoulder blade took the worst. I'm getting checked out now. Waiting on results of xrays. I feel like it's just bruises (ego and bones) with a bit of road rash. My wife doesn't want me venting since I picked up triathlon to avoid rugby injuries. I felt so great I was in the top 10-15 at the time and am just hoping for the doc to say"rest a few days, nothing is broken"

Hope nothing is broken! 5 years ago I crashed into a truck, broke my shoulder in 13 places. Only top doc would do surgery it was so bad.

Good news is I recovered, ran a Half Marathon and later an HIM.

Edited by FranzZemen 2017-08-19 2:18 PM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » And I crashed! Rss Feed