General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Wait what? A hotspot on my foot after a ride? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2017-08-22 9:34 AM

Subject: Wait what? A hotspot on my foot after a ride?
So, I only did 50 miles this weekend.
Ran for 10-15 minutes afterwards
I've done plenty more than 50 (with a short run after even)...same bike, same shoes....same route, even...I assume same socks?
Had a hotspot right behind the ball of my foot...right in the middle. Didn't feel a thing until afterwards. It felt like I had something stuck to my foot in the shower afterwards. Not even like a pebble. More like a tiny, tiny bit of a twig or something. Same running shoes, that I've never had any issues with either.

I assume I've worn these socks before. They're "athletic type" socks, but not socks I wear running. I wear Balega's exclusively when I run...except this time and just about any other time I've done a transition run of less than 15 minutes. I tend to wear cheaper socks riding so I don't put extra wear on the Balega's.....never had any issues until this weekend.

It never developed into a blister...and was gone in an hour or two. I did feel like my feet weren't as comfortable in the shoe related to other rides. I've taken to curling and uncurling my toes every now and then to reduce the chance of my feet going numb....maybe 2-3 times over the course of a couple hours. Can't see that was the cause. But, if I left enough room to really work them around, maybe they were sliding around in there to start?

I've been conscious about not overtighening my shoes as I've been lead to believe feet will swell after a bit. Maybe I should go a scad tighter as it could have been that I was sliding around in there a bit? Also, as I've got wide feet and have had nerve issues from regular shoes that are too narrow...I tend to avoid "overtightening" for that reason as well. Maybe I need to wear my big fluffy Balega's when I ride from now? Go a scad tighter?

Never had a blister, or even a hotspot like this. Of course, I'm overthinking it...I'm a kid...that's my job. I suppose, I'll go with trial and error and try to isolate variables. Just one more thing to start worrying about, I guess. Moleskin, one more thing to consider putting in a special needs bag or something, I guess.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Wait what? A hotspot on my foot after a ride? Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

What's this foot pain?

Started by scottficek
Views: 651 Posts: 1

2017-01-12 9:50 PM scottficek

Foot discomfort

Started by joshwennes
Views: 1290 Posts: 3

2017-01-16 9:26 AM dandr614

Tri Cycling Shoes for Wide Feet

Started by byates
Views: 2070 Posts: 5