Other Resources The Political Joe » DACA Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2017-09-05 12:23 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama
Subject: DACA
I think DACA was a well meaning plan with some unintended consequences such as unaccompanied children amassing on the boarder. The problem is the POTUS has an obligation to uphold and enforce the law....not skirt around them as the POTUS sees fit. I think letting DACA die on the vine, as it were, is a good move. It will/should provide common ground for the start of serious immigration reform.

Mike's Immigration Reform

1. To the maximum extent possible, secure the border.
2. Continue to deport illegals with criminal records - debate only the 'criminal record' - busted for procession of pot is not the same are armed robbery
3. If you came to the country as an infant, you can apply for legal status and won't be deported
4. If you have a job, you can stay on work visa
5. Parents of minors will no be deported until children are 18

OK, in truth, I have no idea the pros and cons of these ideas. What I would like to see is for congress too get together and draft a plan. Get input from EVERYBODY including Hispanics and nationalists, dems, reps, every state, Dept of Ed, Dept of Homeland Security, ICE, BTers posting on internet forums. Produce a plan. Agree on what can be agree upon. Then debate the rest. Nothing is off the table including amnesty and executions (J/K). People are looking to the POTUS to solve this and that is just wrong. 535 member of congress we hired to do this....they have free medical and pension for life! The need to earn their money!!

2017-09-06 12:46 PM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: RE: DACA
I think the one thing missing from your list is a good process to come here legally. I had a friend from Canada who came to school in the states and received an mechanical engineering degree. He then married a US citizen, and he still had to pay over $10,000 in legal fees to be able to stay here. Making a process that is within the realm of possibility for the people who are currently crossing illegally.
2017-09-06 3:59 PM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

The bigger problem with DACA is that it was an illegal (temporary) executive order that had multiple court challenges against it.  Congress is the only branch that can enact laws and Trump did the right thing by letting it expire and giving Congress 6 months to come up with a law that addresses the children of illegals in this country. 

If you watch the media you'd think Trump just burnt all the illegal children alive, but in reality he's trying to let our government do what it's supposed to do to address these people who are here under unique circumstances. 

2017-09-07 9:01 AM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Pro

Originally posted by tuwood

The bigger problem with DACA is that it was an illegal (temporary) executive order that had multiple court challenges against it.  Congress is the only branch that can enact laws and Trump did the right thing by letting it expire and giving Congress 6 months to come up with a law that addresses the children of illegals in this country. 

If you watch the media you'd think Trump just burnt all the illegal children alive, but in reality he's trying to let our government do what it's supposed to do to address these people who are here under unique circumstances. 

This is exactly right.  The media in this country will be culpable when the chit hits the fan.  It's too disgusting to even remotely call it journalism.

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » DACA Rss Feed