General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Greetings from Romania Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2017-09-20 6:19 AM

Subject: Greetings from Romania
Hi guys, im going to introduce myself quick and explain how i got on this Website !
Im a 31 year old male Born and raised in Holland (Breda) and currently living in Romania. Used to live all over Europe for work and leasure. I am not a very sporty Person. But trying to become now. I used to do allot of Mountain Biking in Italy and Germany. But since moving to Romania for a new Job, havent really had the time to do the hours and/or Training. So i gained a few extra Kilograms.
I also like to do photography and go roam around the mountain whenever i have the time.
Now the part of how i got on this Website. Like i sayd before. Gained a few extra Kilograms. Which Need to go off. But im not the most motivated Person to go to a Gym and Sport it off. Found on Instagram a dutch guy who does Triatlons for a living and that got me inspired. He doesnt look like a road biker with a extreme low BMI and has some defined muscles(from Swimming). Im Dutch and i feel at home in water.
Started thinking about doing a Triatlon for myself, not Long before i found the Ironman races. And i decided to Register for the Ironman 5015 in Warschau next year on the 10th of June. That means i have less than 9 months to get into shape. Currently it isnt possible to do the actual Registration for that race, but i booked the Hotel and trip allready there. Also took the weeks off Prior the race and the week after from work. Waiting for the mail confirming the Registration opens, and off we go! As extra Motivation i have asked my Company to "Sponsor" me with the wetsuit and the Run/Bike suit, which they will most likely approve. So im trying to "bury" myself so i cannot quit (not a quitter, but as a ensurance i dont quit i did all These steps)
That is basicly my "short" introduction. Maybe there is someone from the Region in Romania who wishes to Train a bit together so now and then, and/or do the same IronMan 5015 Race in Warschau next year ? Or any tips/tricks for the preparation, i was thinking of starting a VLOG on YouTube about my journey, or that wouldn't be a good idea ?

Greetings Alexander !

2017-09-21 5:25 AM
in reply to: darkysh

User image

, Kronobergs lan
Subject: RE: Greetings from Romania
Welcome to the forum. Seems like a very short time to prepare for an ironman, and as your first race as well, but hey, good luck to you!
2017-09-25 1:14 AM
in reply to: Rollergirl

It isnt a full Iron Man, It is 1.5K swim, 40K Bike and 10K run. I allready do the 40K bike and 10K run. Only the swim im currently preparing on. I have taken a personal Coach which has prepared professinal triatletes in the past in Canada to help me ! He is a friend of mine. So i am Kind of lucky in this sence.
2017-09-25 3:09 PM
in reply to: darkysh

User image

, Kronobergs lan
Ah OK, when I saw Ironman, I thought, well, Ironman

This is much more reasonnable!
2017-09-27 5:36 AM
in reply to: Rollergirl

It is an Iron Man, i believe it is a Olimpic Iron Man called They have 3 category's. The Olympic 5015, the 70,3 and the full one. Not a Chance to do the 70.3 or bigger haha.
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Greetings from Romania Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

greetings

Started by briandekeyser
Views: 373 Posts: 1

2017-02-22 12:11 PM briandekeyser

Hello! Greetings from Barcelona, Spain!

Started by 6to
Views: 1258 Posts: 4

2018-10-25 7:14 AM anagarcia12