Maryland
Subject: Commander in Grief

2017-10-18 1:08 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro
Subject: RE: Commander in Grief

Originally posted by dmiller5

Things that don't surprise me: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2017/10/18/totally-fabricated-trump-disputes-congresswomans-depiction-of-his-exchange-with-soldiers-widow/?utm_term=.6210f689385a

what does surprise me is that "conservatives" still support him.

Dave, the stock market is up 25% since the election.......if it surprises you it's only because you don't have any money.  

Here's hint for you too:  If the market stays up and gaining throughout his Presidency plenty of "die hard liberals" will re-elect him when they get in the booth, along with conservatives. 

Edited by Left Brain 2017-10-18 1:11 PM
2017-10-18 1:29 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

what happened to conservative values? they only count in their wallets?

2017-10-18 1:33 PM

User image

Pro

Dude - liberal values are the same.....in fact, MANY more of them will cross the party line just because of money.....you'll see. There is no difference when it comes to money.  You will learn as you get older.......believe it.

(Still, if you must know......I'm making a lot of money AND holding on to my guns LOL )

Edited by Left Brain 2017-10-18 1:37 PM
2017-10-18 3:53 PM

User image

Pro
Tejas
Originally posted by Left Brain

Dude - liberal values are the same.....in fact, MANY more of them will cross the party line just because of money.....you'll see. There is no difference when it comes to money.  You will learn as you get older.......believe it.

(Still, if you must know......I'm making a lot of money AND holding on to my guns LOL )

You probably eat kittens too...
2017-10-18 4:59 PM

User image

Pro

Wait......do you mean other people don't eat kittens?  What do they do with them?

Edited by Left Brain 2017-10-18 5:01 PM

2017-10-18 5:36 PM

User image

Pro
Tejas

Wait......do you mean other people don't eat kittens?  What do they do with them?

Well, you've heard of the trebuchet, right?
2017-10-18 10:05 PM
in reply to: mdg2003

User image

Pro

Originally posted by mdg2003

Thanks, that explains the carcasses.....I thought it was raining kittens.

2017-10-18 10:38 PM

User image

Pro
Tejas

Originally posted by mdg2003

Thanks, that explains the carcasses.....I thought it was raining kittens.

One of us should stop before we offend someone and get banned.
2017-10-19 12:01 AM

User image

Pro
Eh....I'm ok with cats...you started it. LolBack to the topic....sort of. I read all kinds of news from lots of sources. Is it just me, or has CNN completely lost it's journalistic mind over Trump? It's become hysterical how.....well....hysterical they are. LMAO

Edited by Left Brain 2017-10-19 12:03 AM
2017-10-19 12:51 AM

User image

Pro
Tejas
Cnn and Trump are engaged in a high stakes game of neener neener. But yeah, Cnn is taking it way too seriously.

2017-10-19 5:54 AM

User image

Expert
Floriduh
I guess my overriding gut feeling regarding Trump is that we can do so much better.
2017-10-19 8:27 AM
in reply to: Oysterboy

User image

Champion
Alabama
When I first read what Trump allegedly said I thought it was recognizing the man's courage. That is, 'your son knew the risks and he went to war despite the risks'.

I'd like to read/hear what he actually said.

2017-10-19 8:39 AM

User image

Pro
Tejas
MSNBC is reporting him asking of Frederica Wilson, " WTF is up with that hat?"

Edited by mdg2003 2017-10-19 8:47 AM
2017-10-19 8:44 AM
in reply to: Oysterboy

User image

Pro
Tejas
Originally posted by Oysterboy

I guess my overriding gut feeling regarding Trump is that we can do so much better.

Trump, McCain, Palin, obama, Biden, romney... they're all letting us down IMO. Don't get me started on the Bush and Clinton fiascos.
2017-10-19 9:01 AM

User image

Pro

Originally posted by Rogillio When I first read what Trump allegedly said I thought it was recognizing the man's courage. That is, 'your son knew the risks and he went to war despite the risks'. I'd like to read/hear what he actually said.

Yep.  It's not war, but I have personally worked with 7 Police Officers who were killed in the line of duty, including a partner.  They all knew what they were getting into and that sentiment is expressed quite often by other Officers. It's meant, as you said, as a matter of respect for their courage and sacrifice. Every time a Police Officer or Soldier runs toward the gunfire they know damn well what they're getting into and, still, they go.   To make hay out of President Trump's comment, if he actually even said it, without any context of the conversation, is pretty much borne by ignorance IMO.

Edited by Left Brain 2017-10-19 9:03 AM

2017-10-23 12:49 PM

Master
, California

Originally posted by Rogillio When I first read what Trump allegedly said I thought it was recognizing the man's courage. That is, 'your son knew the risks and he went to war despite the risks'. I'd like to read/hear what he actually said.

Yep.  It's not war, but I have personally worked with 7 Police Officers who were killed in the line of duty, including a partner.  They all knew what they were getting into and that sentiment is expressed quite often by other Officers. It's meant, as you said, as a matter of respect for their courage and sacrifice. Every time a Police Officer or Soldier runs toward the gunfire they know damn well what they're getting into and, still, they go.   To make hay out of President Trump's comment, if he actually even said it, without any context of the conversation, is pretty much borne by ignorance IMO.

If the soldier's mother said she felt offended, the only thing a president should respond with is an apology.

2017-10-23 12:59 PM
in reply to: spudone

User image

Pro

Originally posted by spudone

If the soldier's mother said she felt offended, the only thing a president should respond with is an apology.

Maybe, maybe not.  With the involvement from the Representative it kind of muddies the water.  I've listened to the call.  She sure didn't seem to be offended at the time.  I don't think the President owes her anything else.  Apology included.  I'd feel the same way no matter who was President under the same circumstances.  Once you make something political all bets are off.  That's the price of poker at that point.  No apology needed.

2017-10-23 1:20 PM

User image

Originally posted by mdg2003 MSNBC is reporting him asking of Frederica Wilson, " WTF is up with that hat?"
I’d like to know what’s up with the hats. The only thing I know for sure in this mess is the hats aren’t working !
2017-10-23 1:28 PM
in reply to: Goggles Pizzano

User image

Pro

Originally posted by Goggles Pizzano
Originally posted by mdg2003 MSNBC is reporting him asking of Frederica Wilson, " WTF is up with that hat?"
I’d like to know what’s up with the hats. The only thing I know for sure in this mess is the hats aren’t working !

I'll tell you something else that's not working.....the constant barrage on Trump by the Left to see if ANYTHING can possibly stick.  Had breakfast this morning with a few teachers who Ive always known to be way left of center.  All expressed that if the Democrat party kept it up they would no longer consider themselves part of the party.

This is what happened to get Trump elected, and the Dems couldn't see it then, and they don't see it now. 

This has turned into buffoonery from the Left.  PLEASE keep it up!!!

2017-10-23 1:42 PM

User image

Veteran
St. Louis

Maybe, maybe not.  With the involvement from the Representative it kind of muddies the water.  I've listened to the call.  She sure didn't seem to be offended at the time.  I don't think the President owes her anything else.  Apology included.  I'd feel the same way no matter who was President under the same circumstances.  Once you make something political all bets are off.  That's the price of poker at that point.  No apology needed.

You sure you're thinking of the right phone call? I know the widow who has a son playing football at Mizzou released her call with Trump. I haven't heard the call from the widow that's saying Trump offended her.

2017-10-23 1:46 PM

User image

Pro

Originally posted by Bob Loblaw

You sure you're thinking of the right phone call? I know the widow who has a son playing football at Mizzou released her call with Trump. I haven't heard the call from the widow that's saying Trump offended her.

No, I'm not thinking of the wrong call.

Edited by Left Brain 2017-10-23 1:58 PM
2017-10-23 2:05 PM

User image

Veteran
St. Louis

Originally posted by Bob Loblaw

No, I'm not thinking of the wrong call.

I'd like to hear it. Is it available somewhere? Google isn't helping. 

2017-10-23 2:09 PM

User image

Originally posted by Goggles Pizzano I’d like to know what’s up with the hats. The only thing I know for sure in this mess is the hats aren’t working !

I'll tell you something else that's not working.....the constant barrage on Trump by the Left to see if ANYTHING can possibly stick.  Had breakfast this morning with a few teachers who Ive always known to be way left of center.  All expressed that if the Democrat party kept it up they would no longer consider themselves part of the party.

This is what happened to get Trump elected, and the Dems couldn't see it then, and they don't see it now. 

This has turned into buffoonery from the Left.  PLEASE keep it up!!!

That would be a refreshing conversation. Pretty much everyone I know on the left is blaming the world coming unglued on Trump. ANYTHING he does is constant fodder. Those on the right I know are a “little” better with at least you can discuss how the left is always wrong. Good times !
2017-10-23 2:20 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama
These women are being used as pawns to try to make Trump look bad. I just watched an interview with the window who was saying "Why can't he remember my husband's name. The only reason he finally did was when he looked down at a folder with his name." He husband's name was La David. She want on talking about people who go off to fight and we owe it to them to remember their names or something like that.

I think apologies by people after there is 'outrage' is phony anyway.

It wouldn't matter if Trump apologized. The left would find something wrong with his choice or words or timing for delivery.....it's a no-win situation so don't even go there.

I stick my original analysis and that is he meant to honor the soldier's courage.

In other news......the Russian collusion investigation now has a Clinton staffer in the crosshairs. Go figure.

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Commander in Grief Rss Feed  

of 2